Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werivar Mod
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werivar Mod

UberWaffe 19 years ago
    My dear, dear, slyvena. Patience is a virtue, you know. I have already e-mailed v1.04 to Thaimodz this morning. (About 3 hours earlier.) I can't help that it is not hosted yet. Keep your socks on, it will be there soon...

Edit: From the 'Offering to make some graphics' Topic:
    "NeoGangster" said:
    "UberWaffe" said:
    Ooh, you're going to be busy busy busy. I want a texture of a top-down marine. But with no helmet, a fuzzy puffy white beard (clearly visible) and a little brown monk hat. And instead of a weapon he should be holding a book.
    I know I'm asking a lot but I tried making this myself and the result was... how do I put this? Painful to even look at.
    Pretty please?

#
    ville 19 years ago
    Slyvena, your post above is considered spamming. Please refrain.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    "UberWaffe" said:
    Trust me, once you have some decent armor, and you dodge a little you get nearly no damage whatsoever,

Even if you don't have vampire skills, it's still like that at level 5 claws.
    #
    UberWaffe 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    Even if you don't have vampire skills, it's still like that at level 5 claws.
    Which is why vapirism is useful when used right. Since if you have low health (or energy) you hack a bunch of easy enemies apart to boost your health and energy. (Yes, I made it so that they steal energy too! But now the Werivar can't learn many of the other skills.)

Please note: Several new bugs have come to my attention. These are a result of me switching to 1.34 since some of the effects are handled in slightly different ways.
    1- When playing the Psionic and you have the planetoid and you
    SPOILER: combine it with your psionic key to link it to yourself, so that you can use it. (Note: Added a hint to this in new version.) the game will crash. This is because of an error in an timed event that changes the AI. Fixed in v1.05 (v1.05 is only bug fixing so far, nothing new.)
    2- Error in the new 'survival' ending. SPOILER: This is where the 'ville' unit comes into play. Can't be finished. But you still gain the reward from it.
    3- Several other minor bugs. Which are now fixed.

Please post any ideas, comments, suggestions. I'm running low on creative juice and coffee can only inspire you so far.
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    Just how many skills/abilites are you planning to have?
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    "UberWaffe" said:
    (Yes, I made it so that they steal energy too! But now the Werivar can't learn many of the other skills.)
    I'm happy.

If it's possible, perhaps you could put in a speed aura that makes you and all surrounding allies move faster. Another idea that, once again, is probably out of the question is an armor aura that increases the armor of you and your allies. This would be most useful as a human, but you can get a battledroid as Werivar too (I think).
    #
    UberWaffe 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    If it's possible, perhaps you could put in a speed aura that makes you and all surrounding allies move faster.
    Speed Aura is doable, but I found that if you have all of the aura/other weapons related types of special skills then they start to act funny. This is because too many weapons are being fired too quickly. I'll add this but then I'm going to reduce the lightning/pyromancer fire rate to avoid this problem. Don't worry, I'll boost their damage to compensate.

"Marevix" said:
    Another idea that, once again, is probably out of the question is an armor aura that increases the armor of you and your allies. This would be most useful as a human, but you can get a battledroid as Werivar too (I think).
    The problem is that creatures don't use armor at all. They use specialities to reduce damage given to them. As far as I know there is no way to change this with an effect, directly or indirectly. Also, I can't give them armor bars since it acts like temprature, it is assumed to be for user only and affecting theirs affects yours too.
    Would you perhaps settle for a healing aura instead?
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    I was thinking of a healing aura, but Werivar already regenerates. I was thinking along the lines of a weapon that heals your allies.
    #
    Loydog 19 years ago
    Uberwaffe,
    Just checked out your Werivar Mod and I have to say it's amazing in terms of the size of the world and the variety of things you can do. I did notice a glitch or two in the version I DL'ed from monkkonen.net, however.

I played as the werivar race and noticed that levels seemed to quickly start stacking up in my inventory, at the rate of about 1 per second. Also, my health and energy seemed to shoot up once every second as well. There didn't seem to be a max, so they scaled up past 10k. This might be a condition error on one of the scripts. This error actually led to a more crippling one later on. I happened to have the active response armor equipped and got attacked by one of the flying turrets. Unfortunately, he hit me many times over a short period of time, resulting in thousands of purple sprites appearing. So many, in fact, that my computer crashed. Is there a way to limit that active effect to only happening once every 1/10 of a second or so?

I'm very impressed with the mod and would love to help out with graphic work / debugging / playtesting etc. If you need a hand, just contact me.
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    At the current moment because your mod is in the construction stages, the Werivar regenerates to fast and cannot go near a battle droid without locking up the game, So a healing aura would be better in the fishised version as it would be more effective.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    Never seen that bug before. The version that Ville hosted is the one I downloaded, and it works fine for me.

Werivar 1.02 is wacked-out in PR Candidate 1. The player's texture seems to be a couple transparent blocks until it kills something, in which case it turns into that object for a while. Graphics don't work in the credits, either.
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    That didn't happen with me

P.S. It's obviose that uberweffar has programed a virus into his mod to ruin our computers
    #
    clogmonkey 19 years ago
    "slyvena" said:
    Just how many skills/abilites are you planning to have?

#
    Loydog 19 years ago
    Interesting. With Notrium 1.33 and the Werizar .zip hosted on Monkkonen.net I am *definitely* getting this effect. Does anyone know if there's another good source to go to for the mod? I tried reDL'ing from the site, but still got the interesting scripting issue
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    Hmm try d'ling 1.34 of Notrium. Perhaps that would help.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    After re-installing the mod, I just realised that when I backed up the mod files when I installed 1.34 (which I later realised was unneccesary, may I add), I forgot to back up Werivar's texture files, thus making any textures added in Werivar (such as the player and the credits screen) got screwed up. For future refrence, I dare you all to try playing Notrium default without any of the default Notrium textures in the textures folder.
    #
    UberWaffe 19 years ago
    Loydog, you'll notice that in the readme it states that you now need v1.34 of Notrium in order to play. This is because the NEWEST versions of my mod use v1.34. Sorry if I failed to mention that.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    Also, I don't think Werivar's Psi sense works. I turn it on, but there's no dots on the map. It should work, right?
    #
    Adam_S 19 years ago
    Tis mod is great. Ive played it for a long time and found few significant bugs:
    1. There is NO ORE MINE that make manufacturing items impossible this area appears in files but it is not in game.
    2. Some graphical and gameplay glithes like flying lava tiles chasing me and attacking for no damage, it looks pretty funny but its a bug.
    3. The lean mean exp machine gives exp very very fast so if you take it early even playing human is easy, and when you get good gun, its TOO easy.

And in which area can i find battledroid bluepints?
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    1. I've found the ore mine. Dunno what's wrong with that.
    3. The version with the special skills is out? Where?

[Edit: Nevermind, it's on Thaimodz' hosted mod listing]
    #
    Adam_S 19 years ago
    Where did you found ore mine. Ive searched whole map with antigrav bike and long range scanner and didnt found one. Does its area have ore mine name? Maybye this happens in new version.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    It's in the middle of the area labled 'Precious Ore Mine' in 1.04. It might be randomly generated, but I'll be (censored)ed if I'm going to find it for you.

In 1.04, I've noticed that food consumption is nearly unstoppable in early game, and slowed down food consumption is around the rate of the Psionic's. Pretty unbalanced, if you ask me. I'd say to leave Werivar's food consumption rate as it was in 1.02 (I didn't try 1.03, so I wouldn't know) and have reduced food consumption drain food at around the rate of a human. The other skills I tried were speed, Lean Mean Exp Machine, and lightning aura. It's hard to tell the effect of the lightning aura because there's no graphical representation and you end up killing the thing you're attacking by the time you notice a difference. Exp Machine works properly, but it's so powerful that you should make another special skill called 'Ultra Skill token' buyable in the Shawn's Special Skill Shop. When you get 2 Ultra Skill tokens, you can go to some other Ultra Skill shop to buy hyped up skills, like a slightly improved Exp Machine. Then you could get upgraded speed and stuff.
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    Why don't you try an ability that makes the players level ups better, or make the effects better permanently, you would only be able to pick it how many times you had leveled up divided by ten, plsu 5 or so forth.
    #
    Adam_S 19 years ago
    I found precious ore mine long time ago but i cant find METAL ore mine. Have you manufactured any item? It is impossible without metal ore. There are four raw materials: metal ore, precious ore, reflective crystals and sand.
    And one more special skill bug: human with hunger reducing special skill dont need ANY food.
    #
    Kaktyc 19 years ago
    ONE BIG bug in the mod:
    Human at about 32 heat is freezing and frying at the same time
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    "Adam_S" said:
    And one more special skill bug: human with hunger reducing special skill dont need ANY food.

Uberwaffe, you're not EA. No reason to rush your mod out of beta tests onto the market .

But seriously, if the human doesn't need ANY food, then that's quite an urgent bug. It'd also be nice if you could look into that Psi-sense thing, as I'd like to have it's benefits without activating a biomass scanner and a radio at the same time. Apart from those little nitpicks, Werivar 1.04 really is fun to play. I personally don't ever try to really do anything apart from growing stronger, so alot of the stuff still awaits me.
    #
    Loydog 19 years ago
    Tried out Werivar 1.04 w/ Notrium 1.34.

Very nice. Thanks for the help, guys. I appreciate it.
    #
    UberWaffe 19 years ago
    Hi, guys! I'm really sorry about not being able to fix the right now. I'll get on them as soon as possible.
    [OT]
    Currently we third year electric/electronic engineering students have to build an electromanget. And no, not that coil around a nail thing. But one that picks up 14Kg with only 2.75A and it may not deviate with more than like 5%! It's insane! Do you have any idea how much we have to keep in mind?! Like fringing of the magnetic fields at the airgaps, lamination stacking factors, material inconsitencies, leakage flux, and a big bunch of other stuff! I'm busy from 3p.m. (when I get off from class) until 12 at night!
    Somebody save me!
    [/OT]

I'll get back on the bugs once this practical is done. (Next week.)
    #
    Quanrian 18 years ago
    This thread is now unlocked. Please keep any further discussion or development within this thread.
    #
    burgerking 18 years ago
    This is truely a great mod Uberwaffe, keep it up.
    Whilst walking in the ship graveyard, I noticed two things
    1. a very large amount of items, turning on the item scanner results in so many red dots on the map it looks like acne, and
    2. there are these weird robots that shoot missiles with blue smoke that almost kill you in a few shots. walking close to them they shoot red lasers, killing me.
    these robots are really annoying, how do i kill them??
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    And please, UberWaffe, do replace the white box with red text in the credits with my avatar.
    #
    burgerking 18 years ago
    Found a bug, dunno if u know about this but the minimap stuffs up and displays random objects in it eg edible fungus
    #
    DiXiE 18 years ago
    To burgerking: Best way to kill these robots (really hard) is with Warp Drill gun, second way is with Alien - don't stop, use 'R' key and hit them hard. Third way is using lot of laser towers
    #
    UberWaffe 18 years ago
    I'm finally done with my exams and can get back to this now.

First order of business.
    I need IDEAS! I have ground to a halt because of a lack of new things.

Mostly I need ideas for quests, long ones. I am taking the advice to extend the playing time. So I need some majorly long quest idea (Detailed ideas please) to implement. THis will however take some time.

Also, items, vehicles, creatures, etc.

Second thing.
    I'll add Grim's Avatar soon. That 'Add Grim here' was a reminder that never reminded me. Oops. Fixing soon.

Thirdly.
    I see that this is getting to be a big thing, so perhaps someone with graphical experience can help make a few textures for the stuff that don't have any. (Like the refinery.)

Lastly.
    Report all bugs here, but please give decent descriptions of what happened, what you did and if possible, a screenshot. It's hard to find a bug with only something like: "Killed alien, game crashed."

Okay, that's about it for now. I'll post reminders of updates and such here. Hope I can get something done soon.

Quote - UberWaffe: "Let us not fear the lurking bug,
    nor the written graphics of the dreaded eyesore refinery...
    but let us download the mod,
    let us enjoy what has been and currently is,
    let us remember that this world of wonder,
    this cavern of creativity,
    is but modded by one man,
    and he is lazy, fat, and out of ideas."
    #
    Samoht_Okpoh 18 years ago
    I can't seem to get to <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thaimodz.itezy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36">http://thaimodz.itezy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36</a><!-- m --> to download the mod, i got 1.02 just fine though.
    #
    Forum » Werivar Mod
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: