or hoverbike II
    or misslelauncher
    or battledroid
    or alienqueen

etc

there are a lot of possibilitys to beat them up
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Or get all of them and overwhelm them with firepower.
    #
    Bryjnar 18 years ago
    I've figured out my problem. It's the pyromania power. Basically as soon as my targeting beam touches anything, it starts burning. So whatever it is starts attacking me. When your beam happens to cross a group of sniper marines you haven't noticed yet (and who wouldn't normally notice you), your're screwed.

Moral of the story? Pyromania is a pain, even if it rocks at the beginning.
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    not really

if you can see enemys on your radar (biomassdetector )
    you can see where those groups of sniperdudes are

now if you just get as close as their bullet reach is you might not be hit by them (cause they are bad at aiming from distance and they also wont change their angle if they miss you) - so you can just stand besides one of their "shot lines" (seeing a bullet missing you always on the same line)
    and get your own sniperrifle ready

so basicly the pyromania thingy is usefull too cause it will stop the group from moving around but aiming at you - lol
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Use Werivar Psi-poison and get them to shoot each other before they die. I've gotten two groups to wage war on each other this way.

It's easier to get in close if you slow down time first, just so you know.
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    ... there are also ppl using the human - might be more difficult with him
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    Just kill them all! Kill them all I say! Everyone knows humans are only good for running away and firing a few shots or hiding behind his turets.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "YinYin" said:
    ... there are also ppl using the human - might be more difficult with him
    With a human you have the Pulse Warp Laser.
    #
    Vortor 18 years ago
    Hm... What's up with the aliens that attack you bouncing back? It seems to mostly happen with blue aliens, but small blue aliens and brown aliens do it too, just not as much...
    I went to vanilla to test it out, and the opposite happens in it, aliens bounce you away from them when they slash you... Weird...

Mm, bug or intentional? Sorry if this has been asked before.
    It also makes killing them a lot harder, for me at least.

Edit: I'd like to say that I mostly agree with Nocture's post on page 18 (the super huge one)
    When I first played as the werivar I simply took a step out of the hermits hut to grab some corpses and eat the fungus right outside of it, then I stepped back in and waited around, gaining expereince, that's about all I did for about.. Well, I dunno, a while, but I eventually got all of the special abilities without even leaving that stage, and most of the time was simply spent sitting in the hermit's house eating and waiting, and once I got all of those powers I pretty much murdered everything I came across.

The flavoured special abilities is quite a good idea.

Edit again: Wait, dead thread? CURSES!

Also, the human might be able to regenerate health at a very limited rate, say, about 2 points a day? And only if he's "well fed"

I'd also like to congratulate Nocture at being godly as a human compared to me.
    Well, I haven't tried a human on this mod yet, but most of what he said he did sounded like it could be done in vanilla.
    Actually, I think my huge disadvantage as a human comes from the fact that I don't experiment with the items enough, and thus I don't know how to make anything.

Also, you people have murdered the english language, you should be ashamed.

Edit again again: Hm.. after playing again, I've finally noticed that you growl when you claw, this tells me, uh, three things, first, turning the sound off in this game is a bad idea, second, I'm not very observent, third, wait, I forgot the third... Eh, anyway, before I realized that you let out a sound when you clawed I just thought that all of the creatures in the game automatically knew where you were and ran at you, thus making stealth impossible in the first place... But now I realize that it's my fault for being too, uh, some word that means I do stuff a lot, with the attack key... Although it's still hard to be a stealthy killer even now that I realize this, because as soon as I kill any of them the rest start running towards me (the ones that are near by, at least)... I forgot the point of this edit, sorry.

Hm.. if the fact that I run on my sentences a lot bothers everyone I could try to fix it a bit.. Which probably won't work at all, so it's better just to ignore it.

Oh, I remember now, I was going to suggest that aliens might be able to get a silent claw attack, or is that in already? I haven't gotten above alien level.. Uh.. the one where you get acid spit, I'm really not that good.

Hm.. I occassionally see a big red alien thing, it's slightly transparant but extremely easy to see, what is it?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Vortor" said:

You mean people like Yinyin, right?

"Vortor" said:
    Hm.. I occassionally see a big red alien thing, it's slightly transparant but extremely easy to see, what is it?

That, my friend, is a Dire Reaper. It is VERY unlike the Grim Reaper* and the normal Reaper, mind you...

* There is no Grim Reaper in the game... 'cept in the credits.
    #
    Vortor 18 years ago
    Okay... Why is the dire reaper... not invisible?

And, uh, I dunno, hold on, I'll check.
    Hm... DRL seems a lot worse than Yinyin, and (C)anon does a pretty good job at destroying the english language too, although I might notice them more because they post more often.

Oh yeah, why do people seem to say "funny" when they mean "fun"? Is it some kind of, uh, colloquialism, or something?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Vortor" said:
    Okay... Why is the dire reaper... not invisible?

Perhaps because it doesn't have to be? Usually, when you see a Dire Reaper, you're done for, mate.

Unless you have all the "super power ups" or whachamacallits.
    #
    Vortor 18 years ago
    Well, yeah, I can even usually get killed by just like, two normal reapers, but why not use a different name if you aren't going to make them similar?

Edit: Aaaaaaaah, my eyes! My sprite clashes terribly with the white background.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "Vortor" said:
    Edit: Aaaaaaaah, my eyes! My sprite clashes terribly with the white background.
    What in the bloody morticians piercing gaze are you talking about?

By the way, Funny = Full of fun .
    #
    Vortor 18 years ago
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=funny">http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=funny</a><!-- m -->

Also, I was talking about my avatar, or can you not see it? That seems to happen, but I'm too lazy to fix it.

Edit: Hm.. okay, I didn't really get that as a reference, meh...
    Does Yinyin's name refer to something? Perhaps Yin as in yin and yang? where I would assume yin-yin would mean an unbalanced being, a demon of light or dark, I can't remember which yin is.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    The Funny = Full of fun is a Sphere reference .

And I see your avatar, and as far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with it.

On topic: I find your mod lacks depth in the new areas, Waffle... Using the same map file for 6 areas just doesn't seem right to me.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Inane" said:
    Waffle...
    His name is Uberwaffe. There is no "l".
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Inane" said:
    Waffle...
    His name is Uberwaffe. There is no "l".

You're right about the lack of the L characters, but the W is certainly in caps. So it is UberWaffe.
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    yin (ying) is the light side of ying and yang

"Grim Reaper" said:
    "Vortor" said:

You mean people like Yinyin, right?

is my english that bad?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "YinYin" said:

It's Yin and Yang, and Yang is the light side. You've been walkin in the darkess, dude. Heck, you ARE the darkness... Doubly so, even!

"YinYin" said:
    is my english that bad?

Eh, not as bad as DRL's, but could use a bit of trimming or sum'n like that.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    I thought it was Yin=Female Yang=Male

[EDIT] Oh, and we call him Waffle to make fun of him. Yes, we are evil.[/EDIT]
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    [OT]
    "Crazy" said:
    I thought it was Yin=Female Yang=Male

It IS thus.

Yin = Female+Passivity+Darkness+Death

Yang = Male+Activity+Light+Life

Those are the meanings I currently remember. [/OT]
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    bleh.

Crazy=Male, Passivity, Darkness, Death
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    [OT]
    "Crazy" said:
    Crazy=Male, Passivity, Darkness, Death

So you got a bit of Yang in your heaps of Yin. [/OT]
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    [OT]
    "Grimsy" said:
    ...or sum'n like that.
    I oughta kill you fer stealin' my hillbilly phrase er sum'n like that![/OT]

Alrighty then, back on topic...
    Who here agrees that the Werivar mod should replace the Deafult mod? It is a sort of "Ultimate Expansion Pack" to the Deafult mod, after all.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    I sure as hell don't.

Werivar needs some polishing before it could become that.
    #
    Hmm... I see... Well, don't bother emailing Waffle about polishing the mod since he problably won't answer. I sent him email regarding my secret "Return to the Ship" mod, what with copyrights and everything, and I still haven't gotten a response. I dont really care though as the damn mod died in exactly the same way my PC Land mod died. Damn bug! Why can't I move between areas when I write a mod!?

Good thing it was quietly developed...
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "YinYin" said:
    It's Yin and Yang, and Yang is the light side. You've been walkin in the darkess, dude. Heck, you ARE the darkness... Doubly so, even!

oh my

you really didn have to reveal the truth x]
    #
    AAA! EVERYONE RUN! *runs*

#
    UberWaffe 18 years ago
    Sorry Anonymous1157, I haven't been on the Internet in 3... no, 4 months. I think, it was so long ago. (Strokes long grey beard). Anyway, I stated in my readme that I do not mind that anybody uses my mod to make their own, or expand on it. As long as you give me due credit, so sure, go ahead.

And yes, this mod is dead. Unless someone actually does something with it.

Oh, well.
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    "UberWaffe" said:

Oh, well.

dead? it looked like finished work to me :p
    #
    "UberWaffe" said:
    Sorry Anonymous1157, I haven't been on the Internet in 3... no, 4 months. I think, it was so long ago. (Strokes long grey beard). Anyway, I stated in my readme that I do not mind that anybody uses my mod to make their own, or expand on it. As long as you give me due credit, so sure, go ahead.

Oh, well.
    First part: YAY! Second part: CRAP!
    dead? it looked like finished work to me :p
    Precisely why it's considered dead. No more surge of activity = dead mod.
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    dead for me sounds more like unfinished work wich was dropped down
    #
    That would be dead¹. Note the superscript 1. This mod is dead².
    #
    Darkdude 18 years ago
    this is good, cause i wanted to make an expansion for notrium but i wanted to use werivar mod because then it would be an even better expansion. but im not that good at modding yet so im kind of learning it as i go along
    #
    Forum » Werivar Mod
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: