Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Niefir: Book 1 - Chapter 6 is coming soon...
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Niefir: Book 1 - Chapter 6 is coming soon...

Zombie 18 years ago
    Link? I have it saved on my computer...

Give me a bit and I could build a page to display the story in a more readable format... I might even slowly change it to an actual story bit-by-bit in my spare time if I do that...

Speaking of which, I need to backup all the more recent pages... I think I have quite a bit more to backup... Agh...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Zombie" said:
    Link? I have it saved on my computer...
    I meant upload it to an FTP and post a link, duh. Do I have to spell it out for you people? >_<

And about backing up the later pages, I can do that. Just tell me at what point you cut off.
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    From 51 until now... Last page I have is 50.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Zombie" said:
    From 51 until now... Last page I have is 50.
    current page 50? Or old page 50?
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    Current!
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Zombie" said:
    Current!
    Alrighty then, I'll take care of 51-83. We are on 83, right? Or is it 82? Ah hell, it'll be 85 by the time someone actually reads this...

Anyway, back to the original topic, I haven't had much time to write my story. All my spare time was spent getting the RPG Engine to work right, and even that's not in a fully working state yet. Once I make it so you can't crash it without hitting the [ON] key (the equivilent of ALT+CTRL+DEL on a calculator), I'll get back to the book.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Well, Chapter 6 is done, but I'm too lazy to upload it.

So expect it... whenever.

Nyah.
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    Ooh, you... The nerve!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Gasp in shock! I'm reviving one of my own topics from the second page without posting the sixth chapter! Why?

Well, I was digging through my harddrive looking for a... certain ISO file. While looking for it, I found a file called "story.txt," which contained a very early draft of the Prologue and Chapter 1. The first chapter is pretty much identical, but the Prologue was completely outrageous. I'm pretty sure I must've not been writing seriously, but it made me laugh.

Here it is:

PROLOGUE

Once, a scientific theorist began to think that all the laws of physics were really annoying and wished they would quit interfering with his work. So he began to work on how best to ignore the laws of physics. After many hours spent in a laboratory with no companions but himself, he came to the conclusion that the best way to ignore the laws of physics was to do just that: ignore them.

So he did.

They found him three days later, flying around Vega VII. And not flying in a spaceship, either. Just flying of his own accord. He then turned the scoutship that found him into a fully crewed warship and made it suddenly teleport to Troilox III, home of the Galaxy's Largest Couch. Or, rather, ex-home.The entire planet exploded when a physically impossible energy weapon fired from the warship.

This went on for about a month before the warship disappeared with no explination. Well, actually, there is an explination. The explination is that the theorist suddenly went quite insane. Not just mad, or bonkers, but completely and totally insane.

Several secured nuclear weapons spontaniously launched themselves at other planets. To this day, only a third of them have reached their targets. Scientists point the blame at computer error. Programmers point at those scientists and say, "What are they smoking?" Nobody knows. What they do know is that the theorist spontaniously combusted right after the nukes were launched, and the universe returned to a state of relative normality.

Nobody is sure exactly what happened anymore, but all of the physicists are trying to figure out how he did it. So far, it's not going well. But one researcher made an important discovery.

Jolran Bradok, a Prollian Scout, was charting a sector of space that only probes had been through before. It was called only Sector 1137X, but that would change soon...

Jolran was taking long-range sensor readings from a simple yellow star, when he detected a radio signal from the forth planet. He turned his scanner towards the planet and his sensor readings skyrocketed.

This was the discovery of the Kerronians, a race of bipedal mammals highly similar to humans. The only detectable difference is that they are taller than humans, and that they can use magic. That's right, magic. As in old wizards hunched over spellbooks, hurling fireballs. Well, not exactly like that, but you get the idea. Since physicists think that this is the closest they've ever come to defying the laws of physics, they took an immediate interest. We were a bit more technologically advanced, and used this fact to forge an alliance with the Kerronians. This was twelve years ago...
    #
    Forum » Niefir: Book 1 - Chapter 6 is coming soon...
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: