Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Speed of planets

Speed of planets

Doogsy 19 years ago
If you don't mind me asking, and of course if you havn't forrgotten (which you more than likely have) what is the speed of orbit of your planets? How long does Earth take to complete one orbt (Approx.)?

And another quick question, did you use the simple circular motion, or did you use gravity and force, so if the planets were actually stopped, they would fall towards the sun?
(I know hte chances of you remebering the first question are pretty slim, but I was just curious, it is a good speed to work with i think)
#
ville 19 years ago
For speed reasons the planets as I recall use a circular orbit, they don't actually use the gravity thing at all. Their speeds as I recall are taken from reality, so Pluto should be pretty slow.
#
Doogsy 19 years ago
ok, thanks ville
#
Daz_T 18 years ago
i saw saturn and jupiter right next to each other. that would totally rip apart your ship.
#
Anonymous1157 18 years ago
Nonono, you got it all wrong. That would smash them into each other. Mmmm, Satupiter. Jupiter with more yellow and screwed rings. Wow. And one less moon because Titan and Callisto crashed and made Titalisto! Oooh, I got an idea for a Notrium mod but I cant mod with 1.3 language because it confuses me! Damit!
#
HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
He meant it would rip apart the ship, not the planets.
#
"I" said:
Nonono, you got it all wrong.
This means I was correcting him...

"I" said:
That would smash them into each other.
...And this bit delivers the final blow that YOU'RE BLIND.

At least I proved my case...
#
We're not even talking about the same thing, so why bother proving your case?

But, I digress... I know how to bite my tongue when it comes to stuff like this. See? Ow.
#
Daz_T 18 years ago
son of a burgit, this is confusing
#
"Daz_T" said:
son of a burgit, this is confusing
*cracks up* *mega crackup* *crap up* Umm... funny?

@hh: we ARE talking about the same stuff! I said to Daz that it wouldn't rip your ship apart, it would rip the planets apart. YOU got confused and thought I read his statement wrong. I then proved my case. so in other words i'll shut up too.
#
Daz_T 18 years ago
well then, when big things crash into each other in space, SOMETIMES they fuse together. or, if a big and a little thing crash the big thing eats the little thing. the milky way is gobbling up a little galaxy called the sagittarus dwarf! but... the andromeda galaxy is heading towards us though.. however not to fear! we will probably fuse together to make a big galaxy!... mmm sagittarus dwarf donuts
#
Are we done here, or would you both like to share more of your expertise on physics and astronomy? I hate it when people say stuff like "You are confused" or "You got it all wrong, I meant."
I think you got confused somewhere along the way because YOU said the planets would combine, then later went on to say they would be ripped apart. Therefore YOU are wrong. Are we done mimicking each other too?
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
This whole thing about galaxies, celestial bodies and huge chunks of rock and/or gas eating each other and fusing together makes me think that the way them galaxies seem to move and stuff resembles the way bacteria move around eating each other (although I'm not sure if they "fuse", but still) IMHO, so I just cooked up a theory that galaxies are actually just bacteria, so if you zoom far enough, you'll see life very much like ours, although much, much slower...

...and in that case, what we consider as bacteria are actually galaxies of a much faster universe...

...and there I go again making ridiculous theories about stuff. Don't mind me, I called the men in them white coats already so you don't have to bother fetching the phone and dialing.
#
ville 18 years ago
You should investigate a theory called System Theory further. It pretty much describes what you said, about the world consisting of various sized systems that are similar to each other somehow. Like your average galaxies and bacteria.
#
Daz_T 18 years ago
Let me correct myself. Say Jupiter and Saturn hit, they would not be "Satupiter" Jupiter would suck up Saturn (most likely) And get ENOURMOUS Gravity, probably eating the asteroid belt.................Tastes like CHICKEN!!
#
ville 18 years ago
Considering they're a couple of gas giants, you'd get the effect of throwing two very wet snowballs into each other. A big splash. Of course with objects of this magnitude, gravity would probably play a major role too, but I don't know whether the planets would combine or not.
#
Crazy 18 years ago
Why do i have the image of jupitern and saturn splasing together like liquid in vacuum now? And the planets would either combine or explode because the centers are most likely solid.
#
Forum » Speed of planets

Your email:
Your name: