Register
Email: Password:
Forum » GMG SecuROM issue

GMG SecuROM issue

Bearhug67 11 years ago
Hello guys,

I played the demo through and bought me the game in a pre-purchase from Green Man Gaming.
The download and installation were all running fine but as I tried to start the game the SecuROM process started and told me that my Serial number is not in their database.

As the serial number is just filled in automatically in that process and not provided extra like activation codes for other games I screwed.
I wrote their support an email but actually,I have no much hope into them. So I thought I better bring this to your attention and wonder if others faced a similar issue.

I hope you can help me with running the game successfully and use the save game from the demo I enjoyed so much.

Thank you in advance.

Best regardsm
Bearhug67
#
Anne 11 years ago
Hi Bearhug67!

Too bad there's been some problems with activating through Green Man Gaming, that must have been very annoying for you.

But don't worry - you can send us an email at ville@instantkingdom.com, and we'll help you out!
#
Jaga 11 years ago
Just some feedback from someone else who purchased through GreenManGaming - if you are thinking of using them to get Driftmoon, don't.

I still haven't been able to download through their Capsule digital distribution software. It runs at a max of 35KB/s, dips down to 20KB/s, and regularly cancels the download due to some unknown error (up to 3 complete restarts after 1.5 hours).

If I was the devs at InstantKingdom, I'd remove your game from GMG as quick as humanly possible. I personally have no plans to use their site in the future, ever again. And that negative experience (for some people) could translate to your game.

I'm going to be picking it up somewhere else now, but thought you'd want the feedback about GMG's horrible digital download service.
#
ville 11 years ago
Thanks for letting us know, I will see if there's anything we can do to get them to patch things up.
#
Jaga 11 years ago
Just a follow-up. As far as online digital merchants go, I find GamersGate to fit the niche nicely. Re-purchased Driftmoon from them, downloaded in under 2 minutes, and have been happily playing ever since. It is a great game, well worth the purchase.
#
ville 11 years ago
Glad to hear that! The Gamersgate version is actually the same as the one on our site.
#
Forum » GMG SecuROM issue

Your email:
Your name: