Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Driftmoon Crashes When Closing, Prevents Update

Driftmoon Crashes When Closing, Prevents Update

rcfox (guest) 11 years ago
Hi,
It seems Driftmoon crashes every time I close it. This wasn't a big deal for me before, so I didn't bother to mention it. However, now it prevents the in-game updating from working. Is there a log file I can send you, or something?

In the mean time, is there a patch that I can download outside of the game? I bought it directly from you.

Thanks.
#
ville 11 years ago
Sounds like one of the bugs I actually fixed a while ago, where the game (in some rare instances) crashed when closing it. First you might try setting the game to windowed mode and then updating, if it's the crash I fixed, it may have been caused by a faulty full screen device lost handler. This download is always the newest version, it's going at 1.004 at the moment. You can just reinstall it over the old one, and it should work like a charm.
Edited 11 years ago
#
rcfox (guest) 11 years ago
Hi ville,
I was unable to switch to windowed mode. Since the game has to exit when saving the settings, I guess the crash happens before the settings are saved?

I downloaded the new version and installed it, but I still get the same crash on exit, even when trying to change the video settings.
#
Anne 11 years ago
rcfox (guest) said:
Hi ville,
I was unable to switch to windowed mode. Since the game has to exit when saving the settings, I guess the crash happens before the settings are saved?

I downloaded the new version and installed it, but I still get the same crash on exit, even when trying to change the video settings.

Sorry you've had to go through such a nasty problem (I don't know of anyone else who's seen it yet)!

We'd really like to find a way to help you out, and I'm quite confident we will - so if you wouldn't mind, maybe you could send Ville an email at ville@instantkingdom.com. (We're taking the kids outside right now, so we'll be away from the computer for a couple of hours, but right after that we can get back to figuring out the problem!)
#
ville 11 years ago
We were able to solve it, version 1.006 contains the fix. Thanks for your help rcfox!
#
ville 11 years ago
And that little fix resulted in the update system failing for way more than one user. If your version is 1.006, you'll need to manually install 1.008 to get the autoupdater working. But for the moment, there's actually no need to do that if you have a working Driftmoon - so far the new updates have only been tiny fixes to get the game running without crashes for every user. Fortunately it's been running fine for 99,9% of our players, but apparently I'm a perfectionist.
Edited 11 years ago
#
Forum » Driftmoon Crashes When Closing, Prevents Update

Your email:
Your name: