Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Creating Games
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Creating Games

AsdMaster 19 years ago
    All right someone knows my name. ooh sorry getting a little off topic.

back to topic. is grim 3d engine for free
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    "AsdMaster" said:
    Is the Grim 2d engine for free?

http://grim.10tons.org/docs_license.html. Fixed Asd's mutilated english for the ever-picky MageKing17.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    http://grim.10tons.org/docs_license.html. Fixed Asd's mutilated english for the ever-picky MageKing17.
    Why, thank's for saving me the trouble.

Still, I'd like an answer. I've got this code lying around I'd like others' oppinions on before I finish it.
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    Does anyone have an engine for some level up systems? Ive built at least thirty and I want to see some other peoples for some insight to improve mine.
    #
    Anonymous1157 19 years ago
    Use LINOLEUM 1.13.5

CLICK ME!!!
    At the top of the title bar there's a button says LINOLEUM
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "eug1404" said:
    ASDmaster Visual C++ 6.0 is what Ville used, but it isn't a game making tool, it's a compiler, and you have to know the C++ programming language for it to be usefull.
    Here's a good site to get you started Tutorial
    But keep in mind it'll take you years to get profficient enough to program something like Notrium.

Well Ville said that he just started making games before even learning coding so..

When you start just make like Remake games and try to add to them. Modding for notrium is a good place to start (I wont more mods hehe)

According to my comp programming teach we have to Learn Turing for a phew years then we can possibly learn some C++...I guess it takes university to teach us C

Indepenedent learning for me I guess. Anyone have some good tutorials for C++ I can bookmark?
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    If you want to learn how to make games, I'd suggest starting by learning how to make a calculator to learn how text, loops, variables, and a few other things work and then try to make a rogue-like game. One where you have to figure out how to get out of a room or something. I don't know what to do from there, because that's all I've really done.
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    If you want to learn how to make games, I'd suggest starting by learning how to make a calculator to learn how text, loops, variables, and a few other things work and then try to make a rogue-like game. One where you have to figure out how to get out of a room or something. I don't know what to do from there, because that's all I've really done.

If you are refering to me I have done tons of stuff, but not with C++. With Turing I can do lots of things. Paint programs, calculators, Pong, Space shooters and such.

Right now im working on my Zombie Mass Acres game

If you arn't talking to me then....Yes make small progs at first to get practise and master the language.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    If you're so proficient with Turing, you won't be needing much guidance in moving to other languages. Go on boldly, have a go.
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "ville" said:
    If you're so proficient with Turing, you won't be needing much guidance in moving to other languages. Go on boldly, have a go.

Well I want to finish my game first

http://www.freewebs.com/zombiemassacres/city%20by%20jesse$coltin.bmp

Its not a finished pic but gives you an idea. Left side I did, and right side my little cusin did, including the building. Im working on it.. All the guys here are dead so as you can see they dont look dead yet...

The only problem is my little dude isn't going to be a circle so I guess these pics are just "concept"?

I also finished the zombie AI today (yay!) but I have to make it more efficient, Turing is slow

Anyways... Once I master turing ill start in C++ or make a Notrium mod. Should be good
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    That an actual screenshot, or concept art? Cause I'd like to know how you did the blood if it's really from the game.
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "ville" said:
    That an actual screenshot, or concept art? Cause I'd like to know how you did the blood if it's really from the game.

Nono just concept. I have plan to do knockback when the bullet hits them, just a bit. Whenever there is kock back im going to take the knockback and do the blood. The blood will be decided on the closeness (Math.Distance() ) and instead of caliber or something like that it will be the damage of the bullet. So if it does more damage it will be better.

The blood itself may be a bit difficult but I have some ideas how to do it. Once im finished ill show/tell you how I did it if you want. Im doing that programming project tuesday so I won't be working on my zombie game untill afterthen because I need to do extensive practising...Competing against people with years more experience is hard...

Looking at that pic the blood looks kinda rediculas but when I do it it will be good.

Im doing GRIDED collision so I can 'classify' different parts of the grid to give me a different blood effect there. ie a building different from the ground...

EDIT - Ville do you know TURING? Cause you seem to know about it but im not 100% sure... If so I can just show you the code when im done, if not I iwll explain it.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Sorry, I don't know the language. I know an awful lot about programming though, I might understand the basics of that one too.

I just was interested in the blood because it seemed so random, not like a texture at all. But if it's really hand drawn, that explains it.
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "ville" said:
    Sorry, I don't know the language. I know an awful lot about programming though, I might understand the basics of that one too.

I just was interested in the blood because it seemed so random, not like a texture at all. But if it's really hand drawn, that explains it.

Well the pic was drawn, then zoomed to x8 with paint and used light/dark red. He also added some skull fragments for effect

Ill try to make blood splatter random as possible so it doesn't get boring, and an option to turn it off.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    "Flikerator" said:
    If you are refering to me I have done tons of stuff, but not with C++. With Turing I can do lots of things. Paint programs, calculators, Pong, Space shooters and such.

Sorry, no dice.

I've heard people call Turing an unnecesarily difficult and slow language on the net, and some people have, on purpose, made extremely non-user friendly and slow languages in it's honor. Is it really that bad compared to C++?
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    "Flikerator" said:

Sorry, no dice.

I've heard people call Turing an unnecesarily difficult and slow language on the net, and some people have, on purpose, made extremely non-user friendly and slow languages in it's honor. Is it really that bad compared to C++?

Roflmao thats funny. Turing is the easiest language i have encountered to learn. It is used in schools across North America so more students can get a grip of programming (Some cant handle C/C++).

Turing ISNOT meant for the net. It has net capabilities but its not meant for the web. Anything you can do with C/C++ you can pretty much do with Turing. Turing translates what you write into C. So its slow, but only if you have a lot of code and you dont use it right.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    I see, so they write those languages in honor of it's low speed, not difficulty. I suppose they just take it farther and make it difficult too.
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    I see, so they write those languages in honor of it's low speed, not difficulty. I suppose they just take it farther and make it difficult too.

I write turing because thats what I was taught in computer science. Its taught because ANYONE can understand it. There is no complex "{" things or anything that would confuse most.

Its only for beginners. I say, its only slow if you don't use it correctly
    #
    Forum » Creating Games
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: