Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Multi-monitor bug (resolved)

Multi-monitor bug (resolved)

Jaga 11 years ago
Was just checking out the demo of Driftmoon, and have a 3-wide monitor setup. The game recognizes the additional resolutions for 3-wide support, but when actually playing the game the "center" of the display (which is above your character) is way off on the right screen.

The effect of this being off center, is that you can't see your character for many actions, due to walls being in the way.

Here's a screen of what I'm seeing when playing on all three monitors, when in the starting Well:

Here's a larger image of the same point: Large Screen

Edited 11 years ago
#
Jaga 11 years ago
Quick update:

Playing through the demo a bit more with 3-wide monitors enabled, I discovered that if you zoom in a bit (from maximum), the display will start to auto-center itself. A few notches forward on the middle mouse roller can get the display centered again.

If you zoom all the way out, the display will un-center itself again. Probably just a small bug with the resolution and rendering system.
#
Jaga 11 years ago
Finally found what was causing this - it is due to the size of the area (map) that is on the display. In the case of the Well from my first post, there was no map to the right of my character, but there was stuff off to the left. That's why it was rendering off-center.

I've seen it in the first area above the Well too, if you get close enough to the sides. Once you understand why it happens, it really isn't a big deal. It'd be nice to see it adjust for that, but is still a minor thing.

Enjoying the demo!
#
ville 11 years ago
Ah yes, it's set to limit to the sides of the area, but obviously the limits are a bit unsuitable for such a wide setup. If I have the time I'll try to see what can be done about it. Thanks for letting me know what was causing it!
#
Forum » Multi-monitor bug (resolved)

Your email:
Your name: