Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Mod hosting on monkkonen.net

Mod hosting on monkkonen.net

ville 11 years ago
If you would like your mod hosted on the monkkonen.net server and shown on the Notrium mods list, post here. Remember to tell me if you update your mod so the list stays up to date.

I will use my discretion on whether to post your mod or not, this is mainly for mods with inappropriate content such as sex or racism. By allowing me to post your mod you acknowledge that you have full legal rights to the material in your mod.

Here's what I need:
Name
Preferably something original.
Download location
If you don't have one, you can just send the mod to my email. Otherwise post the URL.
Logo
320x90 jpg. Will only be shown on the game description page, so it's not all that important.
Short Description
A few sentences I'll put to the mods list.
Long Description
The complete description of the mod I'll put on the mod download page.
Screenshots
Minimum of one. People will usually only look at your screenshot and decide whether to download the mod or not.
#
slyvena 11 years ago
What about creidits do they have to have creidits
#
ville 11 years ago
No, but I'll include the mod maker's name on the page.
#
ZeXLR8er 11 years ago
Hi Ville, here's some more screenies for the Wazzal II mod if you would like to put them up on Monkkonen.net.






And one more thing Ville, have you thought about (in the mod list) bringing the most recent mod to the top of the list? I just noticed that both Opposing Force and Wazzal II are down at the bottom, and I think it would be better to give the mods that are in progress priority in the listing.
#
Quanrian 11 years ago
It might simply be better to put them in alphabetical order. I'm not really sure what order they're in now. Doing it by productiveness is a nice idea but in practice I think it would cause quite a bit of griping. It'd be better to go with something less biased like a normal ordering like alphabetical, something that can be clearly seen as to how things are ordered.

Chronological however isn't the worst idea and I'm not all ruling that out. Something I think the mods could benefit from however would be a last update date by the name of the mod. That in itself would allow any visitor to the site to see which is the most recent worked on mod. Still the most recent can and never will mean it's the most complete, which is why I don't suggest re-ordering the mod list everytime a mod updates, even if they're not that frequent.

So my final feedback is that it should be in alphabetical and perhaps include two dates. The first date would tell when the mod was originally started (first alpha or beta was released), the second would show the last date of a new version for the mod. This would show immensely how much progress was done in a very clear manner. Either way some clue that a mod 'has' made progress and steady and productive progress at that, should be shown.

Just keep in mind many of the further along mods out now 'will not' work with the version of Notrium on the main page. So until the main page's version reaches 1.34 than all these newer version wont even be playable. For now I think how things are will be fine 'until' 1.34 comes out. The main page itself maybe could use a once over to further clarify there is still at least modding going on after 1.34 is officially released
#
ZeXLR8er 11 years ago
Yes, but I think a simple "bring the mod to the top of the list when it is completed/updated" would be better. Anyway, I'll be happy with anything that's clear and easy to understand.
#
ville 11 years ago
I'll try fiddling with it when my eastern holidays are over. I agree that the latest updates should be on top.
#
ZeXLR8er 11 years ago
"ville" said:
I'll try fiddling with it when my eastern holidays are over. I agree that the latest updates should be on top.
Are you back yet Ville?
#
ville 11 years ago
I'm back now. I couldn't change the ordering of the little buggers, they're rather static in my database.
#
Pete 9 years ago
Come to think of it, why my mod aint there yet?
#
Thereaper 5 years ago
I have an idea for notrium but Hard to realise :

A "Online" Notrium can be great for players, with a mod like : Players Vs Players or Players Vs marines or other...

There's not a great idea?
#
MageKing17 5 years ago
"Thereaper" said:
I have an idea for notrium but Hard to realise :

A "Online" Notrium can be great for players, with a mod like : Players Vs Players or Players Vs marines or other...

There's not a great idea?
Multiplayer is outside the capabilities of modders, and extremely not likely to be added by Ville.
#
Thereaper 5 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"Thereaper" said:
I have an idea for notrium but Hard to realise :

A "Online" Notrium can be great for players, with a mod like : Players Vs Players or Players Vs marines or other...

There's not a great idea?
Multiplayer is outside the capabilities of modders, and extremely not likely to be added by Ville.


Oh damned it's too bad , but not online Notrium stay the best game of i'll never plays
#
Kario 5 years ago
It would be cool and extremely difficult to implement.
I can just imagine playing as an alien and other players getting mad at me for being too good.
#
Venom31 5 years ago
"Kario" said:
It would be cool and extremely difficult to implement.
I can just imagine playing as an alien and other players getting mad at me for being too good.
You can try Aliens vs Predator things...

Back to topic - alphabetical, chonological, whatever. Isn't it nice to have them buttons for that? (Also maybe a toggle for complete/in-development-status mods). The user chooses from his/her needs.

Back off topic - this "Google App Engine" seems slower, but I can't comment that in blog. I HATE YOU, DISQUS!!!
#
Kario 5 years ago
"Venom31" said:
"Kario" said:
It would be cool and extremely difficult to implement.
I can just imagine playing as an alien and other players getting mad at me for being too good.
You can try Aliens vs Predator things...

Back to topic - alphabetical, chonological, whatever. Isn't it nice to have them buttons for that? (Also maybe a toggle for complete/in-development-status mods). The user chooses from his/her needs.

Back off topic - this "Google App Engine" seems slower, but I can't comment that in blog. I HATE YOU, DISQUS!!!
No i don't think it's slower.
#
MageKing17 5 years ago
"Venom31" said:
Back off topic - this "Google App Engine" seems slower, but I can't comment that in blog. I HATE YOU, DISQUS!!!
Er... why can't you comment?
#
Venom31 5 years ago
Wait a moment - earlier it required to register. What the -
Nevermind. I ain't gonna comment anyways. I'm too lazy to type in all that stuff each time
#
Narvius 5 years ago
For me, it remembered it after the first time.
#
Kario 5 years ago
Even i can comment!
#
MageKing17 5 years ago
"Narvius" said:
For me, it remembered it after the first time.
Ditto.

It even uses my Gravitar.
#
Forum » Mod hosting on monkkonen.net

Post Reply


Your email:
Your name: