Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Moderating talk

Moderating talk

ville 19 years ago
This forum should not be visible to normal forum members.

I opened this subforum because we apparently need to communicate with each other at least sometimes. This is the place for all the secret hush hush moderating talk.
#
Idiota 19 years ago
I have some questions.

1: Who does what? I know I am supposed to the the General Talk, but am I allowed to mod other threads too?

2: Can you guys give me some info on handling the mass moderating options or something that I saw at the bottem of the page?
#
ville 19 years ago
I'm leaving the rest of the forum open for your moderating too, just in case there's some real troublemaker that posts in all the forums and we need to quickly clean it out. Your main responsibility would still be the General Talk.

We've actually never talked about areas of responsibility with Zex and Quan. Do you guys have ones?

About the moderating tools. You might want to experiment with them for example here before you go into action.
I recommend you don't use the delete topic button, prefer to lock the topic. Unless it's something that shouldn't be seen by anyone.
You can use the move topic button to move topics between forums. For example when someone posts about their new bicycle in the Notrium forum.
The lock topic button you know already.
Split topic can be used for actually splitting topics. For example if there are two distinct discussions in a topic, you can separate them. I use it rarely because I find it difficult to use.
This tool can also be used for mass deletion of posts. Just move all the useless posts of the thread to a new one, then delete the new one.
#
Quanrian 19 years ago
Idiota, you can always feel free to catch me on AIM should any problems need immediate assistance and I'll do my best to help.
#
ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
Yes, welcome to the club Idiota!!
#
Idiota 19 years ago
thanks a bunch guys! I'm probably going to need it :d , but man, you dont realise how much offtopic posts there are until you have to remove them
#
ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
Yea, tell me about it.
Anyway, I'll rename this thread so it can be used as our 'general talk' thread.
#
ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
Hey idiota, the EETEE Rules thread needs to be cleaned out. I'll leave that to you, because I don't post in EETEE, and I don't know what is offtopic or not.
#
Idiota 19 years ago
Wow, slyvena isn't here for two days and already, the forum seems way nicer and without spam. The main pasrt of what I have seen is on topic, so we should complimnt the members, and slyvena for not showing up for two days (is he/she banned?)
#
ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
Rember, he/she is now known as 'nerd'.
#
Idiota 18 years ago
We got a new troll guys. just search the forum for 'suckmypenis' and you'll find out soon enough.

[edit]I was forced to delete ALL of his posts. He failed to understand me when I notified him and kept posting topics which contained 'suck my penis', 'ville is gay' and/or 'ville sucks'

Note that I wasn't making hasty decisions. It truly was needed.[/edit]
#
ville 18 years ago
Good work Idiota. I'll promptly deal with the rest of this.
#
ZeXLR8er 18 years ago
Well, I'm back from Turkey. Sorry I didn't warn you guys, I'll be back to moderating right away.
About the troll, did anyone check his/her IP adress?
#
ville 18 years ago
I did, got him/her banned permanently, based on email too.

Welcome back Zex! Idiota is on a month holiday currently, so we're filling in for him too.
#
ZeXLR8er 18 years ago
I'll be doubly careful then.
Is Quanrian still frequenting the forums? He'd disappeared before I went away and I was wondering if he'd returned.
#
ville 18 years ago
He hasn't been around that much lately. At the moment he's on a trip too, but he should back sometime this week.
#
Idiota 18 years ago
I'm tanned, I'm all muscled and I'm not used to typing anymore, but I'm back
#
ville 18 years ago
Welcome back buddy!
#
ZeXLR8er 18 years ago
Yay!!
#
Forum » Moderating talk

Your email: