Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Driftmoon mods not showing

Driftmoon mods not showing

Erstarrung (guest) 9 years ago
Hello to all,

I just purchsed your presumably marvellous game (via GOG), and installed it without problems. Now even when I start the game as an admin with both mods and autoupdater enabled, the game insists that there are no updates and no mods at all available.

Even a re-install didn't change that (and yes, I had a working internet connection at the time I launched the game).

Do I have to manually tell the game where to look for updates and mods? And how would I do that?
#
ville 9 years ago
Hi! If it shows no mods, then that can only be caused by the game not reaching the server. Since you're able to get here via browser, the only cause can be a firewall preventing Driftmoon from reaching the server. But first check in your Driftmoon options that you have mods and updates enabled, it could even be as simple as that.
#
Erstarrung (guest) 9 years ago
Hello Ville,

I checked my Driftmoon settings (twice) and, to make sure, disabled the autoupdater and mods and enabled them again. Then I disabled all firewalls, started the game and disabled and enabled the autoupdater and mods and enabled them again - still, I get the "Mods" rider and all the sort options "Most Popular", "Highest Rated" etc. but no mod shows up, and it says there are no updates available (although there should, as I haven't installed the latest patch).

Is there a way of manually downloading (and installing) the latest patch and the mods? Or can the game look in the wrong place? Is there a way to manually tell the game the server address it should browse to?
#
ville 9 years ago
There's no need or way to change the address the game is looking for, it's definitely the correct address. If a firewall is not disturbing the connection, then something else may still be, though that's not easy to debug here. If gog didn't yet have the latest patch, I'll have to make sure they get it as soon as I get home in a week. The new version doesn't have many changes though. Unfortunately there's no easy way to get any mods if the connection isn't working for the game. It is possible by copying the mods from a computer which has the mods installed, but I don't remember the full procedure right now.
#
Forum » Driftmoon mods not showing

Your email:
Your name: