Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Found a bug? Report it here. (1.34)

Found a bug? Report it here. (1.34)

ville 18 years ago
[Update]

Unfortunately we cannot fix any bugs in Notrium anymore.
#
cobra_banshee 18 years ago
I've already said this but one more time:

The game lags and with alien you can run through walls. Its pretty annoying because its hard to aim on the computers while in escape pod because the walls are in the way. Could you fix this? It happens on the Default mod, on Easy and Medium mode. I didnt test Hard.
#
ville 18 years ago
I tried to find the problem, but even if I artificially slowed my computer down, I couldn't get it to lag so much as to cause wall skipping problems. Unfortunately there just isn't anything to be done, but thanks for reporting the bug anyway.
#
Lasakon 18 years ago
Maybe I've gone mad, but it appears that if you save and load you no longer get item descriptions with the first time pickup of items. If that makes sense.
#
ville 18 years ago
Thanks for the bugfind, it certainly sounds like a nasty one.
#
DiXiE 18 years ago
uh, will there be any patch/corrected version? I don't know what to kill as alien, i did't even know if i develop anything new
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
For the love of everything that is holy, read the journals!

And post questions in the questions thread, too!
#
DiXiE 18 years ago
HOW??? THAT is the bug, there is no journal message after load
#
ville 18 years ago
"DiXiE" said:
uh, will there be any patch/corrected version? I don't know what to kill as alien, i did't even know if i develop anything new

Yeah, there will be a patch.
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
"DiXiE" said:
HOW??? THAT is the bug, there is no journal message after load

Hmm... Quite curious...

Have you tried reading the journal to see if there have been evolution messages?
#
DiXiE 18 years ago
To Ville: Thanks, 1.341 is great

To GrimReaper: You don't understand it? In 1.34 is bug - after loading a game no new journals messages except new location appear
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
@DiXiE: I can't say, don't remember playing the new version...
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
I don't know if this bug has been found & announced before...

If you start the game with something other than default (or perhaps tutorial) mod the game crashes. This continues to happen untill you run the default (perhaps tutorial will suffice...) mod. You don't even have to play it further than the point where you get to control the escape pod.
#
ville 18 years ago
That's weird. Do you have to run the default mod every time you start the game, or every time it is installed?
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Every time I reinstall it. I think I first encountered it when I D/Led the (at that time) newest Notrium to play Wazzal II.
#
EvilP 18 years ago
I just had my alien die from a stun laser doing over 90 damage. Is it supposed to do that? I've noticed the stun laser doing massive knockback and damage recently.
#
Anonymous1157 18 years ago
Are you using Werivar? That thing is darn hard, I died from a turret!
#
EvilP 18 years ago
No I'm just doing some reruns on vanilla Notrium.
#
Anonymous1157 18 years ago
Vanilla? Sounds yummy. What's the difference?
#
EvilP 18 years ago
It's got less mods.
#
Odaisn 18 years ago
There's a bug I found on the marine bunker where there are lotsa aliens and marines. When I'm fighting the aliens and marines; the aliens attack you and they give you a huge knockback. Well when I am cornered by them aliens, they punch me and the knockback hits me THROUGH the wall and im stuck there and forced to load a saved game. I beat the bunker after many loads but is there a way to make the walls impenetrable? I hate going through them and getting stuck in the black parts lol.
#
ville 18 years ago
Unfortunately it's a bug in the game physics, fast things may get through solid walls.
#
PhDrSauron 18 years ago
Well, I encountered some problems while playing Notrium... although I don't know whether these are bugs or the game is supposed to be this way
1. object is not reachable, because it is stuck in a rock or something and you can't get near enough to it (ship cemetary)
2. you can't actually extinguish fire with the fire extinguisher, I know it's nothing big, but it damages the gameplay a bit
3. some words are not written correctly (warmt->warmth and so on)
4. passing through walls with the warp gun can prove to be a good strategy ... I know you said like thousand times that this can't be fixed... couldn't help myself though...
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
"PhDrSauron" said:
2. you can't actually extinguish fire with the fire extinguisher, I know it's nothing big, but it damages the gameplay a bit

It's not supposed to actually do that. The fire extinguisher is used for SPOIL>killing the computers that are on fire in the escape pod<SPOIL. ATMK (= according to my knowledge) there is no way one could even device something to actually extinguish fires.
#
PhDrSauron 18 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
"PhDrSauron" said:

It's not supposed to actually do that. The fire extinguisher is used for SPOIL>killing the computers that are on fire in the escape pod<SPOIL. ATMK (= according to my knowledge) there is no way one could even device something to actually extinguish fires.

yeah, I'm fully aware of this fact, but well... I mean it's kinda weird if you have this kind of tool and it can't perform the action that it is supposed to do...
other thing is that it weights nothing... I know it's because otherwise the psionic couldn't use it but... oh well, just poking
#
jigajigajoo 18 years ago
For some reason, at certain random times, in the plain old version, the health, temp., exp., and food bars at the bottom get all screwed up (i.e. bars half gone, sliced up, etc.) It still has the value, so it doesn't screw up the gameplay, but I just wanted to bring it to attention,

-edit, actually, it stops when you reload the saved game, so it doesn't really matter. But i found another bug where items (corpses, firewood, robot wreckage, etc) cannot be picked up on the edges of the maps.
#
Crazy 18 years ago
We had that one before but i thought t'was fixed. Ville? Any comments?
#
ville 18 years ago
Well, there might be cases of exactly what you described. Unfortunately it is now nigh impossible to fix them.
#
HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
Is there any point to this thread anymore now that there will be no more Notrium updates? Unless a bug pops up that deletes every file on the victim's computer, sends out private documents onto the internet, and causes the monitor to emit lightning bolts of pure death, then none of these bugs will be fixed.

Hmm, I wonder how it can send out private documents if all the files are deleted beforehand. Well... nobody said bugs were perfect.
#
ville 18 years ago
Good point.

As of now, this thread is locked.
#
Forum » Found a bug? Report it here. (1.34)

Your email:
Your name: