Here is the full download of the fixed verison
Download:
Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/21480696/Dotter_setup_en.rar
Mediafire ( for those who hate rapidshare ) :
http://www.mediafire.com/?b1i12dzzikn

WATCH OUT THE CRASH BUG IS FIXED

Some basic information about Dotter:
Dotter is a multiplayer topdown shooter(? I think this descibes it best)
don't even try playing it alone (really don't do it)
I'm really sorry that I couln't add the network support if you know some good network / tcp/ip tutorials give me a pm or post it here

1. player is contolled with arrowkeys,space and V
3. player is controlled with the gamepad or joystick by default
yeah you are reading right it's 3. player it got to that point because of some strange things ^^"
you can change the controls of player 1 and 3 in the optionsmenu
(it isn't possible to change the joystick/gamepad controls but you can change the 3. players controls to keyboard by changing the config.cfg(read the readme at the bottom))

with space or 1.button on your joystick/gamepad you shoot
with V or 2.button on your joystick/gamepad you call the AI controlled Helpers(darker Dots of your color) they are then around you (watch out when you have the AK you can harm your Helpers)

when you hit an Enemy directly his life goes down
when you hit an Enemy Helper the Enemys life goes a little bit down
when you have the AK you can hit your own Helpers so watch out

There is a mapeditor too. ^^
The Mapeditor will save the Map as Map.map you will have to
replace it with Map1.map if you want to play your map.

for detailed information read the readme

don't blame me if I wrote something wrong
If you find any wrong written words or something then don't post it better pm me so it doesn't get too spammy here

If you find any bugs in the game pm me or post it here and write how to reproduce it if possible.

Thanks for reading

If you vote you should write why you voted like you voted please
thanks

the game is still in progress so you can post your Ideas if you like
#
HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
downloading right now. I would say it's 90 percent or better simply because you completed an actual game!

Wow I think its a very fine game.

Graphics- They got the job done. The dots were kinda hard to see but I guess that's kinda the point. I don't expect anything spectacular but the intro particle effects were kicka**.

Sound- The music is nice and technoey. The sound effects are okay.

Gameplay- I think someone can get some real kicks out of playing this with a friend but having network support would really rock. Not that I have any qualms about beating my little bro on this.

Replayability- Having someone to play with definitely increases the replayability, but its not like we'll have dotter parties every night. If your alone then this game isn't really much.
#
NeoGangster 18 years ago
"HarmlessHermit" said:
downloading right now. I would say it's 90 percent or better simply because you completed an actual game!

Wow I think its a very fine game.

Graphics- They got the job done. The dots were kinda hard to see but I guess that's kinda the point. I don't expect anything spectacular but the intro particle effects were kicka**.

Sound- The music is nice and technoey. The sound effects are okay.

Gameplay- I think someone can get some real kicks out of playing this with a friend but having network support would really rock. Not that I have any qualms about beating my little bro on this.

Replayability- Having someone to play with definitely increases the replayability, but its not like we'll have dotter parties every night. If your alone then this game isn't really much.
sure when the network support will be in it will be much better
I played it with some friends and it was really cool (it's even cooler when you have homework and you play Dotter with a friend and say:'I'm working' and the others really work xD)

yeah I love my particle effect ^^
and I'm somekind very proud of it beacuse I didn't had something where I could copy it from ^^

thanks for the real positiv post
you can add your Ideas which you would like to see in the game too
I'm still working at it ^^
#
Amarth 18 years ago
The idea seems cool to me, but the program seems to crash randomly... When I'm ingame, it just crashes . I think only when it plays a sound effect, but not too sure . Anyway... The music sounds nice, the graphics are clean, and I don't have got a good opportunity to test the gameplay... But I think it won't be bad, either.
Network support would rock, but only when the game wouldn't crash every two minutes . But, since it's a WiP, I'd say, continue it! I think this game has potential!

-Amarth
#
NeoGangster 18 years ago
"Amarth" said:
The idea seems cool to me, but the program seems to crash randomly... When I'm ingame, it just crashes . I think only when it plays a sound effect, but not too sure . Anyway... The music sounds nice, the graphics are clean, and I don't have got a good opportunity to test the gameplay... But I think it won't be bad, either.
Network support would rock, but only when the game wouldn't crash every two minutes . But, since it's a WiP, I'd say, continue it! I think this game has potential!

-Amarth
do you do something special that it crashes?
What's a Wip? O_o
#
Marevix 18 years ago
The thing crashes on me too.
#
HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
Work in Progress.

And yes, you definitely should debug debug debug once everything is implemented.
#
Click 18 years ago
It was a fun and good time passing game. Though in the next version you might wanna consider enlarging the dots, it took me 3 tries to realize that the tiny dot is you.

Rating: 8/10
Graphics: meh 7/10
Sound: 8/10

overall: 8/10
#
ville 18 years ago
It's rather interesting. At first I couldn't figure out what I was moving, maybe somehow clarify where your character is? I couldn't get far because it crashed in a few seconds.

I'm glad to see you got this far NeoGangster, now just fix that crash so we can test it more.
#
NeoGangster 18 years ago
No I won't change the size of the Dots ^^
When you play against someone and you lose him out of sight for a second he can even hide

sorry for the crashing
I think I'll debug it in the next days so it doesn't crashes(I didn't notice it because I haddn't time to play it in the last days) so in a few days there should be a non crashing version ^^

hmm... I just saw that I uploaded it where it is windowed :/
sorry for that because it should be fullscreen ^^
When I upload the debuged version it will be fullscreen
#
Quanrian 18 years ago
How has progress on your game gone ? Hopefully you can put out a version that doesn't crash frequently and than I'll check it out
#
NeoGangster 18 years ago
"Quanrian" said:
How has progress on your game gone ? Hopefully you can put out a version that doesn't crash frequently and than I'll check it out
I didn't worked at it in the last weeks(or the last month ) because we were writing many tests and we had a programming project at school so I hadn't time to debug it
sorry
I had marked where the bug was so it wouldn't be so hard after the "break" to fix the bug
I hope i find the time to fix the bug so everyone can enjoy the game
again sorry for this long break

EDIT:
omg I don't know why but when I make a break and I again work at the game I always have no problems to fix every problem Oo
now it happend again...
I think I have fixed the crash bug
I will upload the fixed version in a minute
#
NeoGangster 18 years ago
So now everyone can test the game in fullscreen and without the crash bug (I hope just there isn't another bug ^^')
#
The Gemini 18 years ago
Woooohooo!!!!!
Its a great game! And finally, the bug is fixed!!!
Woooohooo!!!!!
#
ville 18 years ago
So, now you're a game programmer. How are you going to get more publicity for the game? Any grand plans?
#
NeoGangster 18 years ago
"ville" said:
So, now you're a game programmer. How are you going to get more publicity for the game? Any grand plans?
Wow you are asking me some serious questions
Don't really know an answer to this questions :/
I think I first want that the game should be as it should be ^^ and then I will think about that stuff ^^'
#
Murska 18 years ago
You could add something to it. I like it, but 4 players would be even more nice. And a different maps, guns, stuff. Just so cool. Imagine 4 players all with ak's or rocketlaunchers in a narrow pathway.
#
The Gemini 18 years ago
Yea! And when you are good enough, you can make a MAP EDITOR!!!!!!

So cool!
#
NeoGangster 18 years ago
"The Gemini" said:
Yea! And when you are good enough, you can make a MAP EDITOR!!!!!!

So cool!
there already is a mapeditor ^^
you should go into your Dotter directory and look for mapedit

@murska
everything what you said was already in my mind ^^
but the most important thing what I have to do now is add the multiplayer over the internet
the rest isn't that hard to add
#
The Gemini 18 years ago
@Neo: But i could'nt find it! The mapeditor is gone
#
NeoGangster 18 years ago
"The Gemini" said:
@Neo: But i could'nt find it! The mapeditor is gone
:/
I think I know why ^^'
you had downloaded the buggy version and updated it then....I think I didn't had added it in the old version because there was a bug but I don't really remember.
But I'm not sure...
In the full download version there is a mapeditor. I'm pretty sure about this ^^
#
Murska 18 years ago
The controls of the green player do not work. It only moves to the corner of his base, and my friend can't control it.
#
NeoGangster 18 years ago
"Murska" said:
The controls of the green player do not work. It only moves to the corner of his base, and my friend can't control it.
do you use the keyboard for the green player?
did you change the config.cfg so you can use keyboard?
#
burgerking 18 years ago
Couldn't figure out how to play it!!
Might try the readme file
Ok got it
Very nice indeed, i can't speak german though
I laughed at the options menu nothing here!!
Creative, good sound, I played a lot of free games and this is NOT on my Shit list. The dots ARE hard to see. As someone said before (can't remember who) i don't think i'll be having Dotter parties every night (maybe once though). Network play would be cool.
#
NeoGangster 18 years ago
"burgerking" said:
Couldn't figure out how to play it!!
Might try the readme file
Ok got it
Very nice indeed, i can't speak german though
I laughed at the options menu nothing here!!
Creative, good sound, I played a lot of free games and this is NOT on my [censored] list. The dots ARE hard to see. As someone said before (can't remember who) i don't think i'll be having Dotter parties every night (maybe once though). Network play would be cool.
yeah there would be more but it's a little bit on ice ^^'
#
Daz_T 18 years ago
Pros:Heehee!! i killed the enemy in a few minutes! i used the ak of course, but this is neat! Cool music at the start too. Very nice.

Cons: (sorry to have to point this out again), but the dot is teeny...
My Dad Can't see it. ( he's sort of colour blind though )

Ideas:Could you have a language selector? all i know of german is Speiler (or Spieler) (excuse me for being an ignorant bushwacker) is Player? or Game? ok i know no german, No? << No NO NO
#
Mika 17 years ago
The download link doesnt work for me. *sniff*
#
Anarion 17 years ago
Probably because this topic is over a year old.
#
Mika 17 years ago
Oh, well that could explain it.
#
NeoGangster 17 years ago
wow Digger xD
If I can find the files of the game I could upload it to rapidshare, if you want to see my AMAZING game xD
#
Mika 17 years ago
"NeoGangster" said:
wow Digger xD
If I can find the files of the game I could upload it to rapidshare, if you want to see my AMAZING game xD

Id be intrested to try it out.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
As long as you will use some other file sharing thin than Rapidshare, I might force myself to try.
#
NeoGangster 17 years ago
So Uploaded it
Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/21480696/Dotter_setup_en.rar

Mediafire ( for those who hate rapidshare ) :
http://www.mediafire.com/?b1i12dzzikn

Don't forget to read the ReadMe
#
Forum » Dotter - Move the Dot

Your email:
Your name: