Forum » [Catgirl] *PROCESSING CHAPTER ELEVEN*
  • « previous
  • » next
  • [Catgirl] *PROCESSING CHAPTER ELEVEN*

Crazy 18 years ago
    a new one...
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago

I need to get some webspace first. Then maybe I'll make a shiny page dedicated to my writing and crappy drawings and stuff...

I'd also pop in a 'Donate' button, in case people wished to give me some cash for some odd reason.

There would definitely be some sort of forum-type thing... I have a friend who might give me hosting if I ask nice enough...
    #
    HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
    Hah! If I can't fall asleep at night knowing Cormoon will be shareware, what makes you think I'll give you money to spend on something that's not for me. And before you say something cheesy like "My eternal thanks" I'll rebutt by saying, "How cheesy is that?"
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    Oh, you misunderstand... Donating would be purely optional. You can donate to help me out with my obvious money problems... I have no job and I am 16. Soon I'll be moving out and crap, and I kinda need cash for that.

It would be a little paypal button in a lower corner somewhere and I would make it as unobtrusive as possible. Some people just like to donate to creative things, I guess? I dunno.
    #
    Maybe when I'm a multi-billionaire and own 51% of the United States, then it will be feasible to expect a dollar or two from me.
    #
    Madgamer 18 years ago
    sometimes donation is more tempting to do rather than buying

go figure
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    HH, I think you still misunderstand. You also are being quite rude.

I am not expecting anyone to donate to anything I do. Seriously, I am not. I'm just allowing people who want to donate to do so without having to ask me any questions. XD;

It eliminates an uncomfortable situation on both ends and allows people to donate to my creative efforts if they so desire to. If they don't then that is okay. I don't care. No need to be rude.
    #
    I'm sorry. I think that was one of my sarcasm mixed with cheapness moods. I think I'm in that mood all of the time actually. But yes, I know how donating works, and I know it's just a gift from the reader to the writer as a thank you or encouragement. I don't need a dictionary definition of what you meant.
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    Wow. I really should get back to writing one of these days. -_-;
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    "Zombie" said:
    Wow. I really should get back to writing one of these days. -_-;

I don't think you'll be mentally able to, with Black and White 2 in your paws
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    What is and is not in my paws is none of your business...

And it's also not for younger audiences.

Rated 'N' for Naughty.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    OMGWTFBBQ!!!!11one1!!11!1111

Lessee now... The story is a magnificent one (so far ), mostly due to it being written by you (AND the story being a sci-fi one, of course ). Apart from the few grammatical errors and such the writing itself is great, if not 4w3x0m3. I really like how the story evolves. The stuff about old Earth is neat, and so is the rebellion-company war (although the latter might be a bit of a cliché...). I'd write more if most of my mind wouldn't have sploded when I read through the stuff that is currently in the story.

In short: You got me hooked, Z.

NOW FINISH THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!1

#
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Hmmm... methinks I should read this at some point...
    #
    Oh posh, Mageking. Nobody reads your stories either.
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    I only read one of them, and I wouldn't read any other unless you payed me a hefty sum!
    If you're reading this, go check my other posts for similar hidden messages!
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    Maybe you should just sit back, get a nice cup of hot chocolate, and read one of my stories or one of Magie's stories...

Reading is nice when you just sit back and read for a while. I'll try to get more of this story done, though. :3

[EDIT]
    Almost forgot...

Sorry Grim, but I need a bit more in-depth review if you want me to pick it apart. ^-^;
    [/EDIT]
    #
    Apparently this means that nobody noticed that I hid white-text messages in my recent posts.
    You better believe it, smart @$$
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Zombie" said:
    Sorry Grim, but I need a bit more in-depth review if you want me to pick it apart. ^-^;

I'll try when my mind stops sploding from the greatness of this story...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Apparently this means that nobody noticed that I hid white-text messages in my recent posts.
    You better believe it, smart @$$
    See Anonymous, the key is to not tell people about things that are secret. Otherwise everyone knows.
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    Okay... So, what would people like to see added/removed/changed in what I've posted so far? I figure, as long as I'm rewriting them, then I should revise them a bit too. :3
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Zombie" said:
    Okay... So, what would people like to see added/removed/changed in what I've posted so far? I figure, as long as I'm rewriting them, then I should revise them a bit too. :3

So far, I don't see anything in it that should be changed ('cept them lil' grammatical errors and spelling mistakes and stuff like that).

The story is just that good... :3
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    Hmmm... I should look through for these 'spelling errors' and 'grammatical errors' you speak of.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    That COULD be just grim, he never misses a mistake, but he sometimes makes them himself

in the last... what's it been? half a year? I've seen him make a mistake twice! So you can't trust him!
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    You can't prove it! You'll never prove that Grim makes spelling mistakes! NEVER!

Quick Grim! Edit all your spelling mistakes away (get Idiota to help with people that might have quoted them)!
    #
    Quick Crazy, quote them all and then get everyone's attention!
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    Heh. Well... Maybe I'll get back to writing this in a bit. Who knows. ._.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    You honestly should. You're not going to leave this story at the prologue, now are you?
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    yeah, i was about to ask, is the story's name catgirl or will there actually be a catgirl?!
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    yeah, i was about to ask, is the story's name catgirl or will there actually be a catgirl?!
    Fixed. ;P

I think I'll print this story out now, and read it when I have some free time later.
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    Well, guess what? I'm back on adderol. Yay for me.

Coincidentally I also drew a rather nice sketch of a Blue from Blue Gender in first period. I also actually felt like reading/writing/acting/etc. and stuff!

Seriously, I'm starting to think that I may seriously require adderol otherwise I just laze about on my ass and procrastinate all the time. Remember the EEToEE days? Yeah, that was all me on adderol.

I started writing [Catgirl] on adderol, you know? When I started to drift off of it, then I started getting really flaky and such...

Seeing as I want to actually write/draw/etc. as some form of career... I think it's time I actually buckle down and get to work on some of this stuff, or all I will have in the end is a bunch of half-finished stories and maybe a handful of raving fans breathing down my neck for the next installment of any number of things I "promised" I was "going to finish".

The next part, however, I mean in no way to insult the Monkkonen.net forums... But the censoring is seriously a load of crap. I understand the want for a clean board, but when the word "sucks" is censored when it is used in an acceptable concept, I have to draw the line.

This is why I am now going to request some help from you all. ^-^

Call it a little touch of blackmail or ransom or whatever, if you want... But I need a free host for a website for this kind of stuff... Something snazzy, yaknow? Maybe even a forum! Hell, maybe I could even use a webmaster... I mean, if people are willing to help me out with this of course. ^-^

Just let it be known, however... That I am a 16-year-old transsexual. I have no job and very little money. As such, I can't compensate for any of this... That's why I asked for a free host, see? For the webmaster stuff, iIt's more like... community work? I don't know. I'm not expecting anything, really... ^-^; Just asking for the sake of asking...

Of course, I could make my own site... But you wouldn't be assured constant updates... or even constant progress on any of my stories/projects. Hell, you might not be assured any of that anyways due to the inherently crappy nature of free hosts.

You see, what I'd like to have is a side-thing... I want to keep my actual endeavours for teh moolah separate from the stuff I do in school... If I doodle in school or write something in school, sure... I might decide to share it... But things like [Catgirl] and "You're what...?!" I actually want to get published one day... Who knows, if I apply myself I might actually have a rather large novel on my hands that I can see about getting published before my senior year is up.

So I guess what I am asking is someone (or perhaps multiple people... I won't just pick one if lots of you want to help! ^-^) to help me out with this whole "hosting and website" thing... So I can concentrate on writing and stuff and just pop up a weekly (or perhaps more frequent, depending on stuff that's happening) update.

Now, note this... I hate sites like DeviantArt. I am fully aware that there is a portion of DeviantArt for writing and stuff. If you examine the terms of service carefully, then you will notice something rather peculiar... Anything you put on any Deviant site is no longer legally yours. By having an account and checking that box, thousands of rather good artists and writers probably unknowingly gave away their work for a place to display aforementioned work to gain recognition. Sort of ironic, eh?

Also, to put another nail in the coffin... If you try to sell any of your work outside of Deviant sites (I don't know what DeviantArt offers in way of marketing your work...) then you can actually be sued by DeviantArt, for trying to breach the contract you made with them and for trying to profit of of "their" intellectual property.

Nice, huh?

So yeah, anyway... That's why I'm asking you guys for any help you can offer on this. ^-^
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    I understand the problem, but I can't help you. You're not the only 16 year old with no money here. I spend all of my money on going out and World of Warcraft. But, if you need someone for work that doesn't involve money, I can help you out.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    The only money I'm getting is on christmas, and I intend to spend all of it in 'prox five minutes.

>.>;

Economic management? Who needs it?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Well, I've been using <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.beplaced.com">http://www.beplaced.com</a><!-- w --> as my webhost. Offers 100MB storage space for starters, and can be expanded if the project gets really large (not sure how you'd do that, though).

Well, I'll just post what the site has to say about it's service here:

* Full FTP access to your web site content
    * Publish/Upload your website using FTP Client, Online Editor or any other site publishing software
    * Available 24/7

* 100 MB Web Space for start
    * Unlimited Web Space for really large projects
    * Enough to store hundreds or even thousands of pages
    * Host Unlimited Web Sites

* 24/7 Network Monitoring
    * 99.5% Uptime Guarantee
    * Fast FreeBSD Servers
    * Stable Hosting Software
    * Reliable Data Center
    * Ultra Fast Network

* Free Sub-Domain
    * Free Account Set up
    * Automatically Join Top List
    * Free Unlimited Hits
    * Free hits! Get as many hits as your site can get!

* Free Host of Your Pictures
    * Free Host of Your WebSite
    * Free Host of Your Files
    * Free Web Page Hosting

* Create Flash Enabled Websites
    * Create Professional Corporate Looking Websites
    * Easy File Manager for manage web pages
    * Easy Online Editor tool for edit site content

* Free counter:
    * Hits/Hosts/Referers/Search engines/User agents
    * For last minute/hour/day/month/... any moment in history

That's where I will host my flash site (once I get my lazy arse working on it, that is... ). So far the only problem I've had was when I uploaded a file that contains them scandinavian whachamacallits (i.e. Ä,ä,Ö and ö)... The darn file doesn't want to go away... Well, I'll just contact BePlaced 'bout it now. It's not like it's taking away too much space or anything, since I haven't been needing the site for ages... Oh, and here's the Terms and Conditions page in case you'd want to dig through it.

Well, hopefully this thingy here helps. Don't know about how the service likes message board hosting (although I asked 'bout it right now, at the same time I asked 'bout removing that silly little file), though.
    #
    cristallion 18 years ago
    well i've read the terms completely and the oly thing i found about copyright is that you may not post copyrightet material without permission of the owner
    Copyrighted material must not be placed on Customer's account without the permission of the owner(s) or person(s) they specifically authorize. Only the owner(s) or such authorized person(s) may upload copyrighted material to the account.

Upon our receipt of notice of a claimed copyright infringement containing the above information, after confirmation we will promptly remove the allegedly infringing material from the Services and carry out further procedures if necessary. We will have no liability to any Customer of the Services for the removal of any such material.

#
    Zombie 18 years ago
    ^-^; Uhmm, peoples? I wasn't asking for monetary help, you know... I was more saying that I really have no money to compensate you if you decide to help or something, you know? Oh, and no money for a host/domain/etc.

I'll check out that place later. Disease wants me to sleep.
    #
    Forum » [Catgirl] *PROCESSING CHAPTER ELEVEN*
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: