Register
Email: Password:
Forum » [Catgirl] *PROCESSING CHAPTER ELEVEN*
  • « previous
  • » next
  • [Catgirl] *PROCESSING CHAPTER ELEVEN*

MageKing17 9 years ago
    RandomDSdevel said:
    But without notification? Isn't that kind of…you know, rude?
    I think you'll find that there's quite a lot of old projects buried in the ancient threads that just ground to a halt without any notification. Unless somebody made an explicit decision to stop working on something, they're hardly going to announce that they've stopped working on it.

RandomDSdevel said:
    In any case, I just wanted to let Zombie know that his work has inspired me if he's still out there. If he is, then maybe he should do some more writing; after all, what he's written so far is pretty good, don't you think?
    Next time I see her online I'll try to remember to pass that along.
    #
    Narvius 9 years ago
    Iunno, but calling someone rude for dropping a hobby project?
    I think that's presumptuous and rude.

Just because she has started doing it doesn't mean she owes anyone anything, however much you would like to see it finished; it's this sort of entitlement that really rubs me the wrong way. I can totally understand where you're coming from, though.

(In semi-related news, "presumptuous" is a really cool word.)

Edited 9 years ago
    #
    NeoGangster 9 years ago
    This thread just made me browse the oldest threads in here and wow I've been around 10 years ago...
    #
    RandomDSdevel 9 years ago
    MageKing17 said:
    RandomDSdevel said:
    I think you'll find that there's quite a lot of old projects buried in the ancient threads that just ground to a halt without any notification. Unless somebody made an explicit decision to stop working on something, they're hardly going to announce that they've stopped working on it.

So people just…forget about stuff? I guess I can understand that, but it's still kind of sad…

MageKing17 said:
    RandomDSdevel said:
    In any case, I just wanted to let Zombie know that his work has inspired me if he's still out there. If he is, then maybe he should do some more writing; after all, what he's written so far is pretty good, don't you think?
    Next time I see her online I'll try to remember to pass that along.

Thanks a lot!
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Narvius said:
    I[ d]unno, but calling someone rude for dropping a hobby project?
    I think that's presumptuous and rude.

Hold on; where did I call somebody rude? Oh, wait; here it is:

RandomDSdevel said:

Now why in the multiverse did I do that? Aha! Maybe you said it best, Narvius:

Narvius said:
    Just because she has started doing it doesn't mean she owes anyone anything, however much you would like to see it finished; it's this sort of entitlement that really rubs me the wrong way. I can totally understand where you're coming from, though.

I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to come of as someone so selfish! It's not that I feel entitled to read the rest of Zombie's story, but that I feel that somebody who starts something has a responsibility to finish it either by him- or herself or pass it off to someone else for them to finish. I guess I was just kind of irritated that Catgirl reads like it's supposed to go on to be almost a full novel's worth of text but then goes ahead and leaves its audience hanging off of a cliff (cliffhangers are really annoying!) Can you guys forgive me?

Narvius said:
    (In semi-related news, "presumptuous" is a really cool word.)

True that. Here's another one: pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (according to the Oxford English dictionary, it means 'a lung disease caused by inhaling very fine ash and sand dust.')
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

NeoGangster said:
    This thread just made me browse the oldest threads in here and wow I've been around 10 years ago...

Really? That's actually rather impressive!
    #
    MageKing17 9 years ago
    NeoGangster said:
    Oh great, way to make us all feel old.
    #
    Zombie 9 years ago
    Well. I just logged in to a... Wait, how old is this account? I have no idea.

Wow, though. That's some ridiculous thread necro.

Beginnings of stories are a thing of my life, though. I write as a hobby. I'm back in college to finish my degree finally and I'm working full time. I don't know if I will continue this story but... I mean, please don't get your hopes up. I wrote this during a difficult time in my life and I often made characters that reflected bits of who I wish I was. I also haven't really ever finished a story. I have issues finishing things.

Well... Who knows. Maybe I'll catalogue all of this and take a pass through it and see what I can do. No promises though.

Oh, also... I'm a "she".

I love that some of you seem to remember me a bit, though. :3

Edited 9 years ago
    #
    Zombie said:
    Wow, though. That's some ridiculous thread necro.

Dark Energon — works every time!

Zombie said:
    Beginnings of stories are a thing of my life, though. I write as a hobby. I'm back in college to finish my degree finally and I'm working full time. I don't know if I will continue this story but... I mean, please don't get your hopes up. I wrote this during a difficult time in my life and I often made characters that reflected bits of who I wish I was. I also haven't really ever finished a story. I have issues finishing things.

Well... Who knows. Maybe I'll catalogue all of this and take a pass through it and see what I can do. No promises though.

Ah, that explains the absence; as much as I'd like to see you finish your work, I understand how important college is and wish you the best of luck in finishing your degree. (By the way, what is it? You said that you were interested in doing creative writing as a career the last time you were over in this corner of the web, but, for all I know, that's changed since then. Whatever your degree's in, though, I'm sure that you'll be very happy to get it.)

Zombie said:
    Oh, also... I'm a "she".

Yeah…about that: earlier on in this thread, you said this…:

Zombie said:
    Hmm? Me? I'm transsexual... Biologically male but, yeah. I hate it.

Think of it like... Well, think of it like the simplest way you can, really: I'm a girl trapped in a guy's body.

It saves a lot of confusion that way. Feel free to PM me with questions or AIM me or Gmail me or... or... MSN me...

…so please excuse me for not knowing how far along you are in this journey of yours (congratulations if you've gotten all the way through, by the way!)

Zombie said:
    I love that some of you seem to remember me a bit, though. :3

Thanks!

Edited 8 years ago
    #
    Zombie 9 years ago
    Yes, I am a transgender woman. So, typically, you just refer to us by the gender we identify with. So I identify as female. Which is why pretty much everyone calls me "she".

I also accept, "Hey, you!" and stuff. ;P

I'm currently pursing a career in computer science. I'll probably get into software engineering and programming but I'm a pretty multifaceted person so I want to do as much in the computer science umbrella as I possibly can.

Writing is still a passion for me but it is a hobby. I don't think I'll be good enough to make a career in novel writing. I suppose I could try, though. Who knows. Maybe I'll write a book in my spare time.
    #
    NeoGangster 9 years ago
    MageKing17 said:
    Oh great, way to make us all feel old.
    I don't feel old. Nobody has yet stood up for me in the subway to offer me a place to sit.

Zombie said:
    Wow, though. That's some ridiculous thread necro. ...
    Coming from someone named Zombie this made me chuckle. And welcome back, are you just visiting or do you plan on staying?
    #
    Zombie 9 years ago
    NeoGangster said:
    Zombie said:
    Coming from someone named Zombie this made me chuckle. And welcome back, are you just visiting or do you plan on staying?

I'm going to try to stick around. I don't see a way to have the forum send me email notifications on responses though so...

Edited 9 years ago
    #
    MageKing17 9 years ago
    Zombie said:
    NeoGangster said:
    Zombie said:

I'm going to try to stick around. I don't see a way to have the forum send me email notifications on responses though so...
    That's why I have Instant Kingdom bookmarked and at the far left of my bookmarks toolbar; reminds me to stop by regularly.
    #
    Zombie said:
    Yes, I am a transgender woman. So, typically, you just refer to us by the gender we identify with. So I identify as female. Which is why pretty much everyone calls me "she".

I also accept, "Hey, you!" and stuff. ;P

Just now, you almost made me choke on my Chuckola Cola.

Zombie said:
    I'm currently pursing a career in computer science. I'll probably get into software engineering and programming but I'm a pretty multifaceted person so I want to do as much in the computer science umbrella as I possibly can.

Writing is still a passion for me but it is a hobby. I don't think I'll be good enough to make a career in novel writing. I suppose I could try, though. Who knows. Maybe I'll write a book in my spare time.

Huh, go figure! I'm also into computer science and, as I've mentioned multiple times all over the 'net, am kind of starting to get into writing. Speaking of which, did you see my idea for a story that I'm working on that could be placed in the past relative to this story?

Edited 9 years ago
    #
    Zombie 9 years ago
    I did not see your idea, no.

If I remember correctly, this was set in a rather dystopian future. Children are grown in nursery wards from approved parent DNA. This would be explored later on because reasons.

Edited 9 years ago
    #
    Zombie said:

If I remember correctly, this was set in a rather dystopian future. Children are grown in nursery wards from approved parent DNA. This would be explored later on because reasons.

So, if — and this is a big 'if' — you decided to rework your story on top of the one I'm working on (as being drafted here,) then it would probably be set either in the 'MORFS' universe way after the disease has been cured and humanity has ventured out into space or in the FreeRIDErs universe eons after the completion of its in-progress 'Return to Totalia' and upcoming 'Earth-Zharus War' story arcs (or I suppose you could hop over to another universe altogether with elements from both universes. In all likelihood, you'll probably stick with the story universe that you already have — it is, after all, your call on how to finish this story if you do at all — , but I just thought that making the references I pointed out a little more explicit might spice things up a bit.
    #
    RandomDSdevel said:
    Zombie said:

So, if — and this is a big 'if' — you decided to rework your story on top of the one I'm working on (as being drafted here,) then it would probably be set either in the 'MORFS' universe way after the disease has been cured and humanity has ventured out into space or in the FreeRIDErs universe eons after the completion of its in-progress 'Return to Totalia' and upcoming 'Earth-Zharus War' story arcs (or I suppose you could hop over to another universe altogether with elements from both universes. In all likelihood, you'll probably stick with the story universe that you already have — it is, after all, your call on how to finish this story if you do at all — , but I just thought that making the references I pointed out a little more explicit might spice things up a bit.

Sorry; I was a bit pushy in that post, wasn't I? You're right in saying that the fact that children are 'farmed' could throw a wrench in things, but you didn't say that every infant is born in an orphanage in space; you only mentioned that the mothership of the business that employs your story's main characters makes this so for a lot of people. I can think of someone from the FreeRIDErs universe who is sick and twisted enough to do something like this either directly or indirectly through his descendants: Aristo Enroygall.
    #
    Uh…anybody want to comment on recent topics of discussion?
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    RandomDSdevel said:
    I'm afraid no one else is as excited as you are about this topic.

But we could use more people for this, and we'd enjoy having you as a player.

Edited 9 years ago
    #
    E_net4 said:
    RandomDSdevel said:

Eh…I'm afraid that I haven't really gotten into text-based, shared adventures yet. I just glanced at the target of the link you gave me right before I started writing this reply and might another look at it later, but, for now, I think I'll just stick around and see if anything more comes out of this thread.
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    RandomDSdevel said:
    E_net4 said:
    RandomDSdevel said:

Eh…I'm afraid that I haven't really gotten into text-based, shared adventures yet. I just glanced at the target of the link you gave me right before I started writing this reply and might another look at it later, but, for now, I think I'll just stick around and see if anything more comes out of this thread.
    Point one, we often call it a forum-based game, and this one in particular isn't an adventure game. Point two, one thing doesn't prevent another. Just join us while you're waiting (although I think waiting for activity in this thread is pointless).
    #
    E_net4 said:
    RandomDSdevel said:
    E_net4 said:
    RandomDSdevel said:

Point one, we often call it a forum-based game, and this one in particular isn't an adventure game. Point two, one thing doesn't prevent another. Just join us while you're waiting (although I think waiting for activity in this thread is pointless).

If I weren't busy, I might
    #
    Zombie 6 years ago
    Wow it's been a spicy hot minute since I've been here.

I should really do that thing where I back up this story and take what will surely be a cringe-inducing look at it.
    #
    Forum » [Catgirl] *PROCESSING CHAPTER ELEVEN*
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: