• AETAS Discussion Thread

Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    I shall vote for a set of rules.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    I too, vote for a rule set.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    i shall hope that most that most of the council has voted.

Also, what about shielding vs certain weapons/weapon types? Ive already thought about 2 certain weapon technologies, one of them will be absolutely DEADLY . But the thing is, that considering what i
    kind i plan my race to be... a weapon of that type and great magnitude could knock out my main base (btw, im reserving the name "galapagos"). And by "knock out" i mean on splinter cell 3 it can by compared to dropping that guy off the lightower in the demo.
    #
    eddeshun 18 years ago
    The knockout on the SS3 demo?
    That wasnt a knockout, that was more like a *knock* *wooooo* *splat*
    I think SS3 is now called SS:chaos theory, or something of the sort.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    *splat* is correct, even though he hit rock instead of water...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Guys, back on topic.

As I see it, we have two options.

A set of simple rules so that combat can be done quickly and easily, or a set of complex rules so that combat can be done accurately. And besides, we have to take time on our posts anyway, so we might as well put some of that time to use on these complex rules.

I vote for the "complex" rules.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Can't we just do the simple rules for starters, and complexify them as we need to?
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Can't we just do the simple rules for starters, and complexify them as we need to?
    I agree
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    I vote against complex rules, due to the effect it has on originality
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    it doesn't have an effect on originality, but it does have an effect on cheating. Or shall we bring up the lesson of the Promethus vs. Idiota's Forces again?
    #
    EvilP 18 years ago
    With all this voting you might as well let fight outcomes be decided by votes... It's quite daft and far too trendy in this day and age, but it would probably solve the dilemma.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Idiota" said:
    it doesn't have an effect on originality, but it does have an effect on cheating. Or shall we bring up the lesson of the Promethus vs. Idiota's Forces again?

That wasn't because we didn't have all the rules and other stupid things to regulate it, that was because both you and me did not seeked out each other to work out the battle, Mageking. That's the way it should be done, post it together. Things go a lot better that way.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Hey people! This thread is here for a reason! Don't make me post in it just to prevent it from reaching the second page here! There's no possible way all discussion is being handled via IRC!
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    Simply because I am a little tired and will probably end up drafting and refining all of these damnedable rules for you people, I'm taking the point of arbitrator. There are five members of the council. My vote, henceforth, will only be needed if there is a tie needed to break.

I say this because unless there's a tie, I'll be okay with pretty much anything you all can throw at me. Unless it's a child. I may destroy it to prevent it's evil from spreading then.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    thats smart, zombie.

soooooooooooo... What ever happened to that map we were promised?
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    Ahahaha... Map? Hahahaha.

I have almost zero time for this 'map'.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    right. Then why not ask someone else to do it. Some guys were pretty interested in doing it.

PS! you slogan at the time was "Zombie is my sport"
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    I have a proposal. Maybe one could make a site were we put the AETAS information, like races, empires, players, tech, map etc? This could prove itself quite convient, since we then won't have to skum through several pages of texts in order to find information we want.

Also, how's that map going?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    I can compile the information at the very least. I'll ask my sister about hosting it. I already have some info about the MC compiled into a text file, so it shouldn't be too hard to grab some info about the other empires and throw it all together.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    Please do so, yes. If you need info on my empire, just give a yell.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    And I believe (at least nearly) everyone knows (at least nearly) everything 'bout Garret, but if you need any more info, just say something.
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    OK, so MK17, you have the responsibility for making such a site. Just ask if you need something.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    First off, everyone check through your posts in this thread in which you describe you empires. If there's anything you'd like to add to that, PM it to me, otherwise I'll just use your post.
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    I might write a more detailed description of my empire. It will not change anything, just go into detail.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    I don't have an empire, but I did describe Garret in that AETAS post.

I'm gonna re-read it soon and PM ye if I want to change something.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Alrighty then, as soon as I can get confirmation from my sister that she will host this little site I can start compiling that stuff. I'll probably start a new thread so that we can leave this thread for pure discussion.

Watch for a new thread to know when I need the information!
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    Im dropping out from AETAS, school leaves me no time.
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    What? School can't take that much time?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    "Crazy" said:
    Quite a few people here go to school, you know. We find time for it.

Although, it seems as though other people can't... I'm the only person who seems to be able to conjure up a post like in the old days...
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "The Gemini" said:
    "Crazy" said:
    Quite a few people here go to school, you know. We find time for it.

Although, it seems as though other people can't... I'm the only person who seems to be able to conjure up a post like in the old days...

I just need something to set me going, basically. I think that the forum has seen enough RPing for now, which is why it is now at a pause. I think something drastic needs to happen that affects all of us, but I do not know what.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    I just need something to set me going, basically. I think that the forum has seen enough RPing for now, which is why it is now at a pause. I think something drastic needs to happen that affects all of us, but I do not know what.
    WHY GOD WHY?!?

*sniff*

I'll just go back to writing my book then... since you all seem to have abandoned the AETAS... *sniffs again*
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    Don't overeact. If you want more people to be active in AETAS, so begin to post yourself! This will make other aware about it. Actually, my will for posting there have grown strong again, especially after Idiota's post.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    Don't overeact. If you want more people to be active in AETAS, so begin to post yourself! This will make other aware about it. Actually, my will for posting there have grown strong again, especially after Idiota's post.
    In case you hadn't noticed, I wasn't able to post again until Idiota's post, since I'd deadlocked myself into waiting on another character. To compensate for that, I'm taking myself on a sort of detour... I'll still be in contact about the Nemesis operation, but I'll be doing my own thing so I still have something to post about when things are going slow.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    And I've been deadlocked into waiting Zombie to post something that happens at the Aegrus compound or whatever the place is...

Seriously, Garret is all I've got. I can't think of another character to take control of...except...

...I'll have to discuss this with MK and/or Idiota over at the IRC...
    #
    Cejer 18 years ago
    Now, I don't know if I want to continue my empire. If AETAS were to speed up in posts as well as time passage I might feel like participating, but as my empire is 3 days travel within a nebula, I really won't have much to do unless AETAS speeds up quite a bit. I'm not trying to demand or even suggest a speed up; I'm just posting the reason why I've disappeared. I still read the posts so if I'm needed for my (possibly voided) council position, post in this thread or a side note in the AETAS thread.
    #
    Forum » AETAS Discussion Thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: