Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Cormoon Threads

Cormoon Threads

Quanrian 18 years ago
Cormoon threads have been growing fast and growing messy. I ask that moderators check it regularily and remove off-topic posts from the threads. If it doesn't directly relate to the topic, it goes. Short little blurbs should be removed if they aren't really important either.

Example of something you're safe to remove.

"Yeah I think that is kewl". <- Shallow stuff like this we really can do without. If they're not going to support what they're saying than it's very lackluster for us to use and others to figure out what they're talking about.
#
Idiota 18 years ago
I have been troubled by the behaviour of Grim Reaper and Asdmaster in Cormoon development and other forums. It's troubling to delete 4 pages of spam in 5 topics scattered on the sites. I can't keep track of it anymore on the entire forum and I ask the other moderators to increase their activity in everything but the general talk. I shall continue to check the general talk every day and moderate it the best way I can.
#
ville 18 years ago
I don't like it either. Idiota, can you PM the guys?
#
Idiota 18 years ago
an announcement here would do fine, I guess.

I think we'll manage right now, not too much trouble if we just keep up. Cut it off where it starts, and most of the time it starts with Asdmaster.
#
Idiota 18 years ago
I just wanted to tell that I haven't been making much progress with documenting all the ideas. School started again, absorbing my time as I expected it to. I'll make sure I have at least the gameplay thread up to date by tomorrow, and I'll start with the race ideas thread afterwards. Next saturday I have, despite my soccer match, much free time to work on the document and I want to finish the race ideas thread that day. The rest shouldn't be much of a problem, because it's not very much.

edit: That didn't go too well. I had to play referee in a soccer match in the morning, I had to play a game of soccer myself in the afternoon, I have to go to a birthday in the evening and I have to go out afterwards. Left me no time to get anything done today. Sad, I planned a lot today. Can't do it tomorrow either, since I will go shopping. Perhaps I can do a little bit in the free time I get, but I'll have to delay it until monday.
#
ville 18 years ago
Sounds like you're being busy as ever.

In other news, there was some strange bug in the forum software that made it impossible to post in the Cormoon threads if you were not a mod. I don't know what caused this, so keep an eye out.
#
Quanrian 18 years ago
I was wondering why you didn't get me that file yet

I'm noticing the most frequent problems from Grim Reaper. I'm just about ready to message him myself warning of a ban if he doesn't cut it out. His posts are growing not only very much into flames but they're being increasingly directed at the forum and the games themselves. While freedom of speech is fine I see no reason why we should tolerate flaming of the games or forum to any degree.

I still insist we lock down threads being created in the Cormoon forum to moderators only. Once a thread has outlived its purpose, such as races being decided for example, we should lock the thread so people can focus on other areas. I know I seem like a real nazi sometimes, but I'd rather run a tight ship now than have to worry about all the problems we'll encounter later (and we will as more and more people join) because we were too lax about moderating and organizing the forum section.
#
Idiota 18 years ago
I have warned Grim Reaper so many times, it seems like he just doesn't care. He sais it's his character and thinks that justifies him being so nitpicky. It even got to a point where I threatened to limit his posting. I am wondering how I can stop him from being such an ass without harming the "peace" we have now.

And if we have to be nazi to make a good game, then so be it. I have no problems with it, and I don't really think the members would mind too much when we organize it like this.
#
ville 18 years ago
I'll ask him myself.

Limiting new threads to mods isn't a problem for me, if that's what you feel is good. There seems to be some bugs in the permissions system, so I'll have to leave it enabled though.
#
Forum » Cormoon Threads

Your email:
Your name: