Register
Email: Password:
Forum » there must be more weapons!

there must be more weapons!

notriumfan 18 years ago
í think that there are very little weapons in forge. i think that the weapons choises will increase while getting more gold. like if you get 100 gold then there shall be more weapons
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
"notriumfan" said:
í think that there are very little weapons in forge. i think that the weapons choises will increase while getting more gold. like if you get 100 gold then there shall be more weapons

Well, more weapons WOULD be nice. More armor thingers, too, would be nice.

But alas, Ville is working on Cormoon...

Hey Ville, how much for Forge's sourcecode? And what about the other building blocks?
#
ville 18 years ago
The Forge source code? Now for a really cheap prize, only 500 euros! Includes permission to use the Notrium textures and content!
#
Crazy 18 years ago
But if one were to talk seriously about buying the code?
#
ville 18 years ago
Seriously, yes. It's a real sale, comes complete with the custom 3D engine I developed for it. You can start developing that Forge sequel by yourself in no time at all!
#
notriumfan 18 years ago
more arenas could be good
#
LunaticNeko 18 years ago
500 EURO! *falls from the chair, dies*

"Back cover of The Forge: collectors' edition" said:
more ARENAs (100+)
more OPPONENTs (and enemies)
more WEAPONS and GOODS
more TACTICS (MuayThai, Karate, Kung Fu, Taekwondo included!)
more FUN!
(all above are not included, code'em yourself)

Buy now : The Forge II : €500

Errr, Ville, didn't you say you already sold it out to a company? Or you just copy the code for them?
#
ville 18 years ago
Yes. This is just a license, it's not exclusive.
#
Vacuus 18 years ago
You do realize, Ville, that someone with a little programmning & 3D Art experience could go and spend a year learning about the DirectX API, or a engine like Ogre, and go and make a game, that is exactly the same, except with more Arenas/Weapons/Armor, call it something different, & advertise it anywhere, without fear of being charged of violating the Forge's liscense agreement (if there is one).

500 EUROS, just seems way to much to me.
#
HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
But who would want to learn all that crapola when Ville has already created something that can be copied and improved.

500 Euros? That's pocket change where I'm from. (Not exactly sure what I mean by that) Buy the engine and spare yourself the exertion of learning how to program by yourself. Heck, just hire someone to design the new arenas and weapons. That would save you some trouble too. And how much would it cost to hire a professional? Not much. It's pocket change remember?
#
Vacuus 18 years ago
Even if you did by the game, wouldn't you need to atleast to have some knowledge on programming to be able to modify the game?
Unless you hire a pro...

Don't get me wrong - I would pay a certain amount for ti, but 500 Euros seems too much, for me.
#
Idiota 18 years ago
I wouldn't know why on earth I'd pay 500 for the Forge. Sure, the game was good, but what on earth can a person with the C++ skills of an ant do with it?
#
Vacuus 18 years ago
And what about me? Half an Ant!

Yea, I agree Idiota, even if I could afford it now, I wouldn't buy it as, like you said, what could I do with it?

Now 62 Euros ($100 AUD), and I'd think about it...
#
Crazy 18 years ago
hell no, 500E = 6000-7000 kroons. And thats no pocket change even for the friggin president!
#
HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
Oh well. Better start trying to recreate the engine yourself.
#
ville 18 years ago
It's after all a very simple game, it should be no problem for someone to make something similar. The Forge was my first 3D game ever, so the technology may even be a bit outdated.
#
LunaticNeko 18 years ago
What engine was that anyway? A structure of source code that you've modified, your own engine from scratch, etc?

500 EUR ~~ 25,000 THB

One month of company network administration would be enough, but what to eat for the rest of the month?
#
ville 18 years ago
The engine was my very own. In those times there were no engines available, you had to make your own.
#
snogus 18 years ago
im from australia so 500 eur is a bit much, ill give u 120 Aus?
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
"snogus" said:

It's 500€, take it or leave it.
#
Idiota 18 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
"snogus" said:

It's 500€, take it or leave it.

I think we'll let ville do the negotiating when it has to be done, grim. It's his game
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Finnish quality must never be sold to outsiders with a price lower than the original one!
#
Forum » there must be more weapons!

Your email:
Your name: