Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Forge

Forge

Curry 21 years ago
This is absolutely best game of yours! I wish there was an updated version with more equipment and enemies. This would be also a good engine for an adventure game.
#
ville 21 years ago
Many others have also said that The Forge was the best of my productions. Perhaps I should do a sequel? Any good ideas that I should implement in it?
#
Foranamo 21 years ago
Well it's a good game and for the first game of yours... Well anyway I have experienced some graphical problems and bugs, but it's not a bad game at all.
#
Life 20 years ago
what about multiplayer support for Forge ??? would be very cool .... is it possible to make the mouse speed faster and move a little bit away with the camera from the gladiator ??

it is a very cool game an me would love it to battle against other players over the internet !! =) respects
#
ville 20 years ago
Not impossible, not impossible at all. Multiplayer support should definitely be at the sequel.
#
Life 20 years ago
I think u should make a Forge 2 game =), same idea but multiplayer game. So with many new features and clan battle and many more nice stuff .... sorry i am a dreamer =) but i have so nice ideas for this game .......
#
ville 20 years ago
Does anybody know if some bigger gamemaking company has made such a multiplayer swordfighting game?
#
Life 20 years ago
I dont know any, maybe Jedi Knight goes a little bit in this direction =) *g*
#
Foranamo 20 years ago
hmm... there is one but i really can't remember the name of it... but it is a multiplayer swordfighting game and you move the sword(or other weapons)with your mouse. it's a bit old though...
#
ville 20 years ago
Die by the Sword?
#
Foranamo 20 years ago
right! that's it...
#
Handshakes 20 years ago
Hey, was that Die by the sword game any good? Anywho, I htink if a Forge2 is made it should be almost the same as the forge we all know as far as core gameplay goes. Swing weapon with mouse and move with keyboard. But multiplayer support would be great to see. And just a thought, how about objective based maps? Like capture and hold a point. Or maybe some kinda siege warfare where team1 gets to storm a castle and team2 gets to defend. i dono. just a thought.

P.S I think that this is actually one of the better action games I have played. Especially when it comes to sword fighting action. In fact only Blade of Darkness is any match for it in my mind.
#
ville 20 years ago
If I ever do The Forge 2, I'm thinking of making it a realistic depiction of real-world gladiator fighting from the ancient days. I'll have to do some research on the actual arenas they fought on, and the real weapons the fighters used. Can't wait!
#
OverTilt 20 years ago
Sounds bloody brilliant to me!
#
Delemir 20 years ago
The forge is indeed a great game. But it just doesnt feel complete. You should just add more weapons and armors, and make a storyline of somekind. Also different looking Gladiators, and all stuff like that. So make a Patch of this game
#
ville 20 years ago
Can't do that. At the time I made the game I had no idea on how to program, I was just learning. That's why the whole code is a bit of a mess, it would be a thousand times easier to write a new game than continue on that code.
#
OverTilt 20 years ago
Then get cranking! Now that you've finished Notrium, go on and make a second Forge game.
#
ville 20 years ago
I'm having about half a year of fun with my studies until I get to the actual gamemaking. The whole winter is reserved for breeding the idea.

Want to know what I study? This whole fall: Analyzing algorithms mathematically. Really good stuff, will get you sleeping in no time at all.
#
OverTilt 20 years ago
Would probably send my girlfriend into a massive orgasm, though... She's weird about math. A total math pervert.
#
ville 20 years ago
Ooh. How does she do that? I want to try!
#
reddev 20 years ago
What about the code of Forge or your other games... what do you think about releasing the sources of some older games? Like Forge 1.

What rendering loader forge is using for the files .3dw? They look quite stripped..

Two questions this time.. maybe some more later.
#
ville 20 years ago
The code for The Forge is reserved for later use. I'm not planning on releasing it publicly.

The 3DW files are my own format. I used to have a nice tool for editing them, and there's of course a small script in my games that loads them. These days there are a lot better file formats around, so I'd prefer to use them.
#
LunaticNeko 20 years ago
I think this is a VERY good game. But it misses something and it's not so realistic..
1.In REALITY there's a slave-vs-creature fight in Colossieum(spell?) too.
2.Some special moves and skills like Jump-and-BackStab (hard, instant death)
3.Sounds, no one cheers at your char. and your opp(onent) too. (Try collecting from some sport matches. )
#
kebabi 20 years ago
I think this is a VERY good game. But it misses something and it's not so realistic..
1.In REALITY there's a slave-vs-creature fight in Colossieum(spell?) too.
2.Some special moves and skills like Jump-and-BackStab (hard, instant death)
3.Sounds, no one cheers at your char. and your opp(onent) too. (Try collecting from some sport matches. )
Yeah, some sounds and a skillsystem... And this will be very good game (no it is only a good game =)
#
Crazy 20 years ago
too bad i can't play :tear
#
AsdMaster 18 years ago
Why can't you play

I am replying to a very old reply ops:
#
Crazy 18 years ago
that thing is so friggin' old, i don't even remember, why!
#
AsdMaster 18 years ago
I should get credited for that.
#
Forum » Forge

Your email:
Your name: