Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Anyone feel up to a little voice-acting?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Anyone feel up to a little voice-acting?

Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    I'll try to get my voice right this afternoon and record what I can.
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    OK, sorry MK17. I'll record when I gets back home.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    The house is empty... No one here to laugh at me... QUICK!
    #
    cristallion 18 years ago
    i would like to do Gary Mandlewood but i can't find text for him
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "cristallion" said:
    i would like to do Gary Mandlewood but i can't find text for him
    That's just because he's not in the first mission. He's in the third mission, though. I can post the second mission text dialogue and some of the third mission, but I'd like to get the first mission done first. But you can still do Gary Mandlewood when dialogue for him rolls around.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Grimsy has gotten some of his lines done (although they're not quite up to the standard I want so he's going to redo them), so I expect great things from all of you soon...

*HINT HINT*

Also, my keyboard is broken, so I can't do any more work on mission 3. Actually, that's not entirely true. I just can't test mission 3, which means I won't work on it until I get a new keyboard. How am I typing this, you might ask? Simple. I made a txt file of all the characters I can't type and ctrl+c it every time I boot up the computer. Sure, it takes a while to paste "jklJKL+=-_" every time I need just a "j" or an "l," but at least I can still post.

So progress is at a halt until I get a new keyboard. God, this sucks. That's like, three projects halted (Wazzal II, my book, this project) due to mechanical failure. Wazzal II, I can't use that computer now, my laptop with my book on it had it's power connector break, and now my keyboard is busted.

F***!
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    Well then fix the connector and/or go to TigerDirect! I want to see how this turns out! And FYI, I cant voice-act nor do I want to, partially due to the fact that I sound like a half-way teenager on a mic and my voice barely hints at me being a teen!
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Well then fix the connector and/or go to TigerDirect! I want to see how this turns out!
    Not that kind of busted. This is the kind of busted where someone (read, my sister) spilled some sort of liquid on the keyboard and we didn't find out fast enough to save the whole keyboard. Of characters that are regularly typed, all but "jklJKL+=-_" still work, but my numpad has it's ".," "1," "2," "+," "-," "*," "/," and enter keys broken. As I don't have a working joystick, the numpad is the ONLY WAY I CAN FLY. And now it's broken.
    #
    and we didn't find out fast enough to save the whole keyboard.
    You mean it's just wet? I would recommend you take a HUGE waterproof baggie and put it in there. (Duh!)
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    You mean it's just wet? I would recommend you take a HUGE waterproof baggie and put it in there. (Duh!)
    Was wet. We didn't dry it out fast enough to save it, though. Are you having trouble reading? Is that why I have to answer the same question over and over again?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Was wet. We didn't dry it out fast enough to save it, though. Are you having trouble reading? Is that why I have to answer the same question over and over again?

Probably so.

Sorry, MageKing17, but I was a bit busy with other things, so you'll have to wait 'till tomorrow (or the day after that, depending on how lazy I'll get) to get the revised versions of them clips.
    #
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Well then when did you say it the first time? And you never said was wet or even is wet, you simply said it got wet. After whatever the hell you were trying to do in the Spam Thread (I wont easily forget about the crazyness I gained!) I dont dare say more.
    #
    HarmlessHermit 18 years ago

The microphone that came with this computer was broken about a year ago. (That's what I get for getting a Dell). Otherwise, I would be littering the 'net with my gorgeous voice. Of which I inherited from my father, who has a deep, timbre (whatever the heck that means) voice. So I can pass as much older than I really am when I talk a certain way.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "HarmlessHermit" said:
    The microphone that came with this computer was broken about a year ago. (That's what I get for getting a Dell).
    "Dude! You're goin' to hell!" XD

"HarmlessHermit" said:
    Otherwise, I would be littering the 'net with my gorgeous voice. Of which I inherited from my father, who has a deep, timbre (whatever the heck that means) voice. So I can pass as much older than I really am when I talk a certain way.
    You know new microphones are fairly cheap. A lot of software comes with free microphones even.

Also, although I can't work on the mission itself, I am at least still working on the script (didn't think you'd get out of it THAT easy, did you? ).
    #
    Marevix 18 years ago
    If I just 'happen' to get ahold of a microphone anytime soon, I'll let you know. Until then, 'Good idea, but I can't voice act'
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    I can't believe nobody has denounced an AETAS-based campaign as a bad idea yet. I seem to recall someone going ballistic over my EEToEE story a while back, but nothing like that here... interesting...

Also, I'm thinking mission 3 has waaay too much dialogue. I'm half-worried that partway through the player will shoot Karthak out of annoyance.
    #
    At some point people just stop caring. Besides, this is a mod. Much fewer people will have access to the final product any time soon. A story posted on the forum is immediately available, so people can get immediately pissed off.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "HarmlessHermit" said:
    At some point people just stop caring. Besides, this is a mod. Much fewer people will have access to the final product any time soon. A story posted on the forum is immediately available, so people can get immediately pissed off.
    You're such a cynic.

Due to my now having access to Wazzal II again, I'm taking a break from writing the script and going back to making the patch since I think more people are interested in that anyway.
    #
    Hey, I finally got a microphone, but it appears all of the male parts are taken, and I do a terrible female impression. There's that one dude left, but until you write the script I guess I can't do anything.

But not all is lost! You can still hear my lovely voice, and cherish it dearly in your ears and heart.

Click here to watch myvoice52
    #
    OMG I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER! HA!

Just wait until the wrath of my dual-soundcard 5.1 almost-surround becomes the dominant cofig!

In case you don't know what it is, it's two sound cards connected through the audio-out port to a stereol+subwoofer thing and monitor-mounted stereo speakers in the audio-in serving as rear-audio and lastly a one-ear headphone in the red port serving as center with a microphone mounted to it. Beat that.
    #
    Laughing at my voice or just being an egocentric dink again?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Well, HH, you can either be Jaden or be the voice of the translation computer (A.K.A. all alien lines). Which will it be?
    #
    egocentric dink
    Dink dink. Dink-dink dink dinky dink! DINKDINK!?

I like Spaceballs.
    #
    I'll be Jaden.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Added to first post.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Sorry for the double-post, but since this post is so radically different from me saying "added to first post," this deserves being in a seperate post.

I GOTS ME ANOTHER KEYBOARD!

As such, production on mission three is moving right along. Prepare for the script to show up soon...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Mission three script is done. I'll soon be uploading it and the mission two script for your viewing and voice recording pleasure.

Also, something wierd keeps happening to me in mission one. Anyone with freespace 2 SCP experience, any clue why my graphics card keeps spazing out about half a minute into the mission every time? As in, the driver crashes and forces me to restart the computer.
    #
    Eh? Blue screen of death?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "HarmlessHermit" said:
    Eh? Blue screen of death?
    No, that rarely ever happens anymore. No, I mean the game freezes up. If the computer ever does start responding, it reverts to 320x240 or some peice of **** resolution like that and gives me the error that the graphics driver failed and had to be restarted.
    #
    This is how it works with my computer:

Most games made in within past 2 years: Slow, choppy, sounds skip and repeat, random freezes.

Higher-end games or plain badly programmed ones (Halo PC): Toss a coin, if it lands on tails then your computer gets the blue screen and restarts, if heads, wait 10 seconds.... computer gets the blue screen and restarts.

Newest games: Can't start at all. It's like trying to force a wheelbarrow down someone's throat.
    #
    I solved all those problems. It's called an FX. Now all I need to do is fix the damn refresh rate problem and it'll work just fine.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    Halo has NEVER crashed for me. i've never even had a minor problem. And its not even a legal copy!

Wait... did i HAVE to say that last part?

I might be getting a quality headset for christmas. Or if its cheaper than a dvd reader ill buy it in the near future and get the dvd-reader for christmas.
    #
    Expect to pay $50 for a good but basic DVD-rom with CD and DVD support. The ones with just DVD support are around the same price.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    I just realized that, due to some game-engine limitations, I need to rewrite the script for mission 3. Doh! So there will be some delays there. But don't worry, I don't think I'll have to completely rewrite it, just... certain parts. I don't want to say too much, because I'm still not sure which parts will end up getting cut out, and I don't want you guys to get attached to an idea when it won't be in the game.
    #
    Any work done here yet? Quickly, before my microphone breaks again or something. Last time it didn't survive very long, and I doubt it will be different this time.
    #
    Forum » Anyone feel up to a little voice-acting?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: