Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium File Viewer isn't working

Notrium File Viewer isn't working

tucalipe 18 years ago
I can't use NFV anymore. It keeps saying a "Runtime Error '13' / Type mismatch" .

I've already reinstalled both Notrium and NFV, and it still doesn't work.
#
Pete 18 years ago
Dont use it. Notepad is just as good and it isnt so bugged.
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
"Pete" said:
Notepad is just as good
Correction: Notepad is BETTER.
#
tucalipe 18 years ago
Alright. But now, not even my Mod is working anymore...
It freezes at the Generating Game screen...
#
Pete 18 years ago
Haha! I knew it! NFV bugges the mods! Its evil!

Hm. Can you gimme a link to the file? I check it for bugs.
#
tucalipe 18 years ago
Here it is. The Copy of... dat files are the ones taken from Werivar that still works.

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/tucalipe/Rescue.zip

PS.: I can't believe that a two-week work will fly away just like this....
#
Pete 18 years ago
Strange, there seems to be no bug...

The debug file ends with this...

Starting Initializing Area VC Mine Bunker
Starting Find prop number multipliers
Finished Find prop number multipliers
Starting Select Climate
Finished Select Climate
Starting List no_random_objects_terrain
Finished List no_random_objects_terrain
Starting Allocate memory for map

Thats strange. It seems like that area is so complicated that the game cant find enough memory for it. I believe that is nearly impossible in Notrium. - Im other words, I dont know whats wrong. You might consider re-doing that area. Delete it from every file and create it again. It cant be that much work and it might actually help. If not, maybe the game has a set limit for the number of maps. So if that map is the last one, find a way to implement it into another.
#
tucalipe 18 years ago
"Pete" said:
Strange, there seems to be no bug...

The debug file ends with this...

Starting Initializing Area VC Mine Bunker
Starting Find prop number multipliers
Finished Find prop number multipliers
Starting Select Climate
Finished Select Climate
Starting List no_random_objects_terrain
Finished List no_random_objects_terrain
Starting Allocate memory for map

Thats strange. It seems like that area is so complicated that the game cant find enough memory for it. I believe that is nearly impossible in Notrium. - Im other words, I dont know whats wrong. You might consider re-doing that area. Delete it from every file and create it again. It cant be that much work and it might actually help. If not, maybe the game has a set limit for the number of maps. So if that map is the last one, find a way to implement it into another.

Well, this map is blank. It is a 21x21 map with nothing on it... And it was working last week when I created it...

EDIT> Sorry. Actually it has some items on it... But I've tried deleting it and it didn't worked...
#
Pete 18 years ago
Strange.
#
tucalipe 17 years ago
Hi! Back again!

As you may noticed on my post (Rescue Mod), I'll have to start over... And it would be very easier if I could use NFV. Could someone please help with this runtime error?

"Runtime Error '13' / Type mismatch"
#
Pete 17 years ago
Oh god no! Dont use NFV! Im telling you, it wreck mods! Save your soul! Use Notepad!
#
MageKing17 17 years ago
"tucalipe" said:
Hi! Back again!

As you may noticed on my post (Rescue Mod), I'll have to start over... And it would be very easier if I could use NFV. Could someone please help with this runtime error?

"Runtime Error '13' / Type mismatch"
Notrium File Viewer has been out of date since 1.31, about. Any modding has to be done in notepad.

Actually, Jan was going to make a new version, but he never did. Anyone know what happened?
#
Amarth 17 years ago
Perhaps someone else (what? don't look at me!) could pick up the project and get something *good* finished? I'm sure it would help the modders.

Really, how hard can it be?
#
The Gemini 17 years ago
Tucalipe, I believe your problem is that you have too many mods. It is actually a maximum number of items, weps and maps(I think). If you delete some other mods you don't need, I believe it should work again. It worked for me though...
#
MageKing17 17 years ago
"The Gemini" said:
Tucalipe, I believe your problem is that you have too many mods. It is actually a maximum number of items, weps and maps(I think). If you delete some other mods you don't need, I believe it should work again. It worked for me though...
No, his problem is he's using NFV at all. It just isn't compatible with Notrium 1.34, just use notepad.
#
LunaticNeko 17 years ago
Yea, from my experiences in coding, cracking, modding, cheating and configuring, Notepad (and its brothers and sisters) is the best.
#
Anonymous1157 17 years ago
Better yet, use Macromedia MX Studio if you can afford it!

*Looks around*

Okay, Notepad's fine.
#
Forum » Notrium File Viewer isn't working

Your email:
Your name: