Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Outworld Mod
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Outworld Mod

Quanrian 17 years ago
    Well it's good to know you're still around and if you have any hosting problems be sure to let us know. If you have a 'stable' version of the mod you might want to email it to Ville and he can go ahead and setup your spot on the main page for Notrium on the site. Mostly all we're looking for now is a stable version, or at least mostly so.

Try not to get too sidetracked though, or you'll never get back to it. Games like Diablo 2 can be played forever, but it's not really going to get anything done. So, maybe set some dedicated time aside from your gaming to get a bit of work here and there done on the mod so you don't completely forget where you were at. Being the time gaps your giving your work however I suggest keeping a log of some sort for yourself so you know where to pick up.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Man I wish notrium was isometric...

it can be...

Actually, that was an idea for a mod i had, but i still can't figure out how to make 2 plot objects align perfectly. I even had something worked out woth the rotating torso and stuff but i have been able to forget it -.-
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    The main issue would be the layering really. In true iso you can move behind and infront of the same object. Considering you can't 'easily' change layers on the fly. Still isometric has tons of issues on its own like obscuring your view. Anyways, good luck on your mod 1MoreRun.
    #
    speedblade 17 years ago
    ?? So you didn't make progress 1morerun.... (atleast not much)
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    I know for a fact he's made progress since the last upload he made. However to get to a point where he could release something stable, I think he made it clear enough he's got work to do. Give him some time, I'm sure he'll come up with something. Have faith .
    #
    Roboman 17 years ago
    "1MoreRun" said:
    The fire and ice dragons each have their own weapons so far, and i'll add weapons for the rest as I think of them. I'm going to have more dragon as well.

Ive got an idea for a weapon for the green dragon, 1MoreRun. How about poison sap? Or you could have something that turns enemies into trees when they've got low health. Just a thought.

I just found this thread and after reading it through I reckon this mods gonna be great! Don't let it die though...
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    Sorry, this thread is going to have to lose its sticky. Too little activity for too long. Good luck finishing this mod all the same.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Come back, 1morerun! At least hand the graphics over so we can use them!

I really was hoping this mod would live to die another day... but it's dead anyways.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    It's dead?!? really?

F--K!! I was really looking foward to this mod.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    It was BOUND to die sooner or later.

All mods die sooner or later.

Get used to it...
    #
    SO, that's where my philosophy comes from: never expect anything sane to go right, because it'll go wrong.

Now then, let's all let this thread die in pieces. PITCHFORK!
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    I went wrong?

*whimper*
    #
    I said sane, not crazy.
    #
    Admiral 17 years ago
    Noooo! I just found this mod! What happened Does anyone have any of the development versions, I would really like a shot at it! does anyone have anything to do with this mod!
    #
    We wanted to kill him for cancelling it, too. Don't worry, you'll grow out of it. But please, NO THREADMINING! Thank you.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Hey! If he's willing to ressurect this dead mod then I say Thread-mine away!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    He'd need 1morerun's permission for that, and he could've asked for it via PM or email.

Now let this bugger die.
    #
    Admiral 17 years ago
    (in a small voice) Sorry i've been away for some time and forgot some of the etiquette (p.s. what is tread-mining?) it looks like an amazing mod and I am very sorry the owner decided to abandon it
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Thread mining is posting in a thread that hasn't been posted in FOR AGES (three months or more).

In some rare occasions, thread mining is tolerated (e.g. "You know you've spent too much time in these forums when..." thread), though.
    #
    Threadmining is when you take a thread that's at least old enough to be at the end of the subforum's first page and post in it.

I don't recommend PMing 1morerun. There are several people on the forum which disappear for months at a time, and it takes an email and a week to simply get their attention. Don't wake them.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    [OT]Why is threadmining considered bad etiquette, anyway?[/OT]
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    [OT]Why is threadmining considered bad etiquette, anyway?[/OT]
    That's a good question, actually.
    #
    I thought it was because spammers do it in the worst way.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Or because the discussion is long over and someone contributes a totally worthless comment to it.

The reason it is frowned upon is because it's generally caused when someone (usually a new member) doesn't bother to check the date of the last post, and therefore replies as though it were an active conversation... which it often is not.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Or because the discussion is long over and someone contributes a totally worthless comment to it.
    Would that mean that thread-mining is OK if the post you make isn't worthless?
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Yes.
    #
    DRL 17 years ago
    Oh, by the way: I just found this mod.... I MUST SAY...... AMAZING!,
    But, the more deeper I looked on the theard, the more deception I got,...

P.s.: HOW THE /&"!&ยท!!dy%$ MOD LIKE THIS DIE???!!!...

Well, has anyone any back-up version?, please, post it here.... At least we will have the ability to "rescue this mod"...or maybe, at least credit 1MoreRun for doing it
    #
    Bokasha 17 years ago
    who says it's dead? the author could be just......gone... or something....right?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    This mod is declared dead untill proven otherwise.

Now go on your merry ways. The author of the mod will inform us if he's going to continue working or mark the mod as "Free To Use" or something.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    does anybody have this mod still if you do please post or pm me.
    #
    scotsky 13 years ago
    I've just uploaded a version of the mod on Filefactory. It seems to act strangely though, from what I remember the last time playing it. All the areas seemed to be random, like walking from the start area into the beehive, or the ocean, etc. It can probably be fixed with a bit of modding in areas.dat and map.dat.

In all its glory:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1hccb0/n/Outworld.zip

Also, a map that 1MoreRun posted at some point that might help:
    http://yfrog.com/0voffworld2j

Hopefully, someone still feels up to working on this mod.

Edit: Nevermind the problem with random areas, that didn't happen again when I played it a second time. However, there is an "end_of_file;" missing on climate_types.dat.
    #
    guthixmodman 13 years ago
    can someone plz re do the link so thAT I CAN ACESS IT PLZ???
    #
    scotsky 13 years ago
    Does the link not work for you? It works fine when I try it. I can try uploading to another host and see if that works.
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    Filefactory sometimes drops the download so that you can't finish. Try to redownload
    #
    guthixmodman 13 years ago
    when i try to access it, i just get sent ot the front page!
    nothing else happens!
    #
    Forum » Outworld Mod
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: