Register
Email: Password:
Forum » DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal
  • « previous
  • » next
  • DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal

Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Before I cause confusion, I bet you're all asking what I mean by 3D sprite. I simply mean that it's a sprite that can move in six directions on a 3D field.
    I thought they used eight directions instead of six...
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Seven. You can't go back in time.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Seven. You can't go back in time.
    Errr... What?

Now you've totally lost it.

Anyways, I think we all know what you mean by a 3D sprite by now.

So, what is planned to be added to this mod, Redemption?
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Two things. One, Grim's right. They can move in both horizontal and diagonal directions, totally eight.

Grim, Anony meant that the "seventh" direction they moved was "forward through time," and it wasn't eight because they "can't go back in time."
    #
    Now that I think about it, tapes can be watched while rewinding for interesting effects. Nevermind what I said.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:

Right now I'm planning to:
    Add splash damage to the rockets, but I cant find a way to kill them when they stop moving.

Explosive barrels.

Better BFG.

I'll make more levels once I have everything else in place.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:

Right now I'm planning to:
    Add splash damage to the rockets, but I cant find a way to kill them when they stop moving.

Explosive barrels.

Better BFG.

I'll make more levels once I have everything else in place.
    Oi! That was ME asking the question!
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Changed it, was to busy modding when i wrote that.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Explosive barrel made, making graphics for it now.

[Edit]They suck...

Note to modders : Changing a creatures blood particle to -1 causes game crash.
    #
    I think there's a "no particle" effect for that.

Edit: Nevermind.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Explosive barrels are very glitchy, throwing their explosions all over the place or not exploding at all, fixing it now.

Edit: Success!
    #
    Yipee!

By the time I get my new computer (I'm on that demented Vaio again) you'll problably have a demo released. The explosives sound cool. What I wouldn't give to blow something up...
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    And then there was splash damage... (with A lot of the gore effect)

Now about that BFG...
    #
    Will you be releasing a de-gored version? My parents wouldn't allow it.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Will you be releasing a de-gored version? My parents wouldn't allow it.

No.

But changing the " 3;//change into another particle when hits ground" under blood in particles.dat into " -1;//change into another particle when hits ground" Should greatly reduce gore.
    #
    Good enough. I'll change the gore texture myself.

*Secretly goes to play Doom95*
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    ... and now begins the week at my dad's, no more work on the mod for the next seven days.
    #
    Will you atleast be around to tell us what you plan to do on the eighth day?
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    Still, not so much as a screenshot yet ?
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    Did you upload the demo yet i want to check it out?!

Sorry... have to wait 2 more days.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    Ok, http://www.filefactory.com/?73a97d

The shotgun, chaingun and chainsaw dont use gore (fixed after upload)
    I used graphics from original DOOM, except for the double barrel shotgun.
    Enemy graphics suck.

Already did, next one might be after Im done with the BFG and splash.
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    SWWEEET!!!
    #
    JimmyJ 17 years ago
    Are you planning on adding a double barreled shotgun?
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    I already have.

Ok, I have a better BFG (No longer a massive area sweep), it may not be perfect but it still kills plenty.
    #
    JimmyJ 17 years ago
    Are you going to attempt to recreate the original doom/doom 2 levels?
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Let him be creative and just make all levels that are not the original ones from Doom, besides, where's the fun when you know what to do in that level since you beat the whole game?

I hope he makes it like Doom the Roguelike, where there are 100 levels to complete the game. Just don't randomize the levels

And since the week is over, any news for the Doom game?
    #
    First off, you just plain can't randomize levels in this game. It's almost entirely impossible; in fact, I'm not entirely sure a method exists.

Second, I think 100 levels (Or areas, depending on how that'd be done) might be overdoing it. The total size of such a mod would be enormous compared to other mods with a lot of fixed positions.

Other than that, I can't wait for this mod, even if I have to turn off gore... and stuff... myself.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Second, I think 100 levels (Or areas, depending on how that'd be done) might be overdoing it. The total size of such a mod would be enormous compared to other mods with a lot of fixed positions.
    Not to mention the enormous amount of time it would take to make that many areas.
    #
    "Anarion" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Not to mention the enormous amount of time it would take to make that many areas.
    Actually, I'd spend the time if it was worth it. In this case, it's just a big point-and-shoot funfunfun adrenaline run! W00T! But seriously, it's not worth 100 areas. Maybe 20, just for variety, but 100? This had better be well-made if it has 100 areas!

Or (And this is one of my few truly-good ideas), why don't you have a central hub that takes you to several individual maps, where the objective is simply to find your way to a teleporter so you can get back? You'd earn a reward after that, like an enormous amount of an ammo type, but you'd lose all your weapons except the pistol, just to make it fair.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Making 100 levels, while probably tedious could be done. The main problem would be download size(And upload time due to the fact that my broadband slows to dial up speed after a certain download limit .).

I could however, just keep releasing map packs.
    #
    The newbies would have trouble adding the map packs. Besides, you might have added new effects, too, so essentially, it'd be half of the entire mod.

Just keep it at 20, OK?
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    If there's only 20 levels then he should add in stuff like bosses in some levels, and if you do good in one level you get to do bonus level such as kill all enemies within this time (with a chainsaw preferably) or until you die and if you kill the specified or more amount in that bonus area, you get like health upgrade, increase bullet capacity, or weapon upgrade.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Are you making all the enemies from the origional Doom games?
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    Are there going to be aliens for enemies in the mod because if you do you could call it... DOOM In Space
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "ModSlayer" said:
    Are there going to be aliens for enemies in the mod because if you do you could call it... DOOM In Space
    If you've failed to notice, all the Doom games (AFAIK) take place in the vicinity of planet Mars (on Phobos and/or Deimos, IIRC).
    #
    Forum » DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: