Register
Email: Password:
Forum » DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal
  • « previous
  • » next
  • DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal

Madgamer 17 years ago
    Sweet. You might want to make another category for explosives such as grenades and trip mines.

What would a upgrade and downgrade squad do?

LP SMG itself consumes too many bullets and getting a second one will take it off in like, what, 4 seconds?

Also I believe you mean 2000 time dialog. And a 61 liner is purty heavy.

Things you might want to add:

Minigames; anything that would fit.
    Light flickering.
    Puzzles.

Just a few I came up with. This game will seriously pwn and might become better than Werivar mod. Don't give up
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Did you get around to doing a text document or something listing all the controls?
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    Did you get around to doing a text document or something listing all the controls?
    Um... uh... *quickly creates it* Yep.

"Madgamer" said:
    What would a upgrade and downgrade squad do?
    Upgrade some parts while downgrading others.
    "Madgamer" said:
    You might want to make another category for explosives such as grenades and trip mines.
    I probably will.
    "Madgamer" said:
    LP SMG itself consumes too many bullets and getting a second one will take it off in like, what, 4 seconds?
    *Calculates* 11.7 Seconds.

Make dialog for Team A marine getting hit,
    Done. (For squad as well)

And as for the name... Arrgghhh! I can't think of anything!

[Edit] LP SMG Turret added.
    ... And now to edit the quarintine walls to suit the turrets...
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    OMG CANT WAIT......*suffers heart attack*
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Well, modifying those quarintine walls sucked, but it got done. But now I can add explosive barrels and such, without worrying about it affecting the quarintine walls. (It also made the "Class C Quarintine walls have opened" message show once then dissapear)

The squad is much slower now. They no longer put you to shame.

A couple of glitches fixed.

Player starting armour knocked down a bit. (Hard mode is now hard)
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Big arena map made, just a lot of enemies in a big open area.

LP SMG turrets are beginning to shape up:Their bullets are weak and fairly ineffective,
    They shoot in burst fire,
    They can be broken very easily. They're a really easy foe, like the punch scientisties. Of course, other turrets will be more powerful.

Squads can be controlled with the Q key (Not very well though)
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    How big is the squad?

I recommend up to 4 or less people in your squad at a time.

Also I think the squad guys are a bit too big, much like football players in outer station. Perhaps you can size 'em down so they work better.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    Aww i like collecting bunch of people and then MASS attack hehe
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "I" said:
    Squads can be controlled with the Q key (Not very well though)
    ...I just thought up a way to make that work much better... Timed block, check creatures in area condition, change side, cannot shoot [/Note to self]
    "Madgamer" said:
    How big is the squad?
    The squad is the people you start with, twelve guys.

"Madgamer" said:
    Also I think the squad guys are a bit too big, much like football players in outer station. Perhaps you can size 'em down so they work better.
    I could size them down, or I could just say they're wearing ultra thick armour. The ultra thick armour also helps explain why they act (and are)invincible.

The name of the Team A marine is now open for anyone to decide. (I can't think of anything)

[Edit] Well, squad manipulation is going to be left at it's current basic level because effect 22 screwed up.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Team A marine now strafes a little when close to enemies, (Not well, and only with one class),
    Punch scientisties don't always have the same death animation,
    A lot of old glitches and such fixed,
    Walls straightened up for the first two maps.

Assault Pistol added. (Basically a high fire rate pistol, but with an eight shot clip)

I converted the sounds to another format, they now take up a lot less kb.

Stuff I intend to do (after next week):
    Some dialog to fill in empty space,
    Make enemies stronger and faster in hard mode,
    Dialogs started when allies (or enemies) reach certain points rather than the player,
    Fix the walls in the early maps,
    Give the player more enemies to kill in the early levels.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    You might as well as post the beta now.

I believe it's been like... more than 1 month?!

No offense, but less defense.

Ok screw that line, but what I'm trying to say is give us teh beta before we're consumed to our monotonous life

And more monsters.... ouch, I might have to upgrade me's 256k RAM.

Nothing my computer can't handle though.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    You might as well as post the beta now.
    After the last beta I mentioned that there was going to be a long wait until the next one. Also, a lot of the work I've been doing recently has been on old glitches and the behind the scenes such, so there's only five more maps.

Dual Assault Pistols added (took me about three hours!).
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Quick melee added. (Pretty much just a small radius blast that knocks enemies back, for when you get surrounded by twenty or so punch scientisties. No weapon change needed, it's just a middle click.)

Remade the map for when you're in the dropship, you can now wander a bit before going outside.

Cut down a bit on the swarms at the start of the game.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    I haven't posted suggestion in a long time...

If you get injured severely many times, you're max health will increase MINIMALLY. By minimal I mean 1-3 health by about 5 or more serious injuries. You're prolly going to get injured a lot of times in the game and this is one way to extend your max HP by a bit.

Make a slot for 6 (miscellaneous or something. Whatever you want to call) and have that slot for temporary enhancements. Such as taking a pill that takes about 20 seconds to activate after you swallow it and works for 1 minute. An example would be a stabilizer, reducing your recoil from guns by half when you inject it into your arms. The reason they work extremely fast would obviously be to the future technique. Also you can not have more than 1 enhancements on at a time because chemicals that interfere with each other are known to cause severe problems. If a player does put 2 or more enhancements in at one time, they'll have various effects such as shaking, uncontrolled bleeding, blurry vision, and such. Putting in 5 enhancements should instantly kill the player. Overdose ain't good for 'ya man.

Since the technology is advanced, weapons should be too. Since there's many test weapons being made, maybe you could also put in slot 7 and 8 for experimental and unstable weapons respectively.

You can get augments for your weapons during the game. They may be obtained through main storyline, secret areas, or by doing certain things. Augmentations are automatically put on your weapon once you get them. So let's say you have a boring old SMG. If you get an augment for dual barreled SMG, you should shoot twice as much. Of course, augments are meant to be detachable, so if you don't like your new weapon, change back to original. Upgrades on the other hand, are permanently stored in your weapons.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    If you get injured severely many times, you're max health will increase MINIMALLY. By minimal I mean 1-3 health by about 5 or more serious injuries. You're prolly going to get injured a lot of times in the game and this is one way to extend your max HP by a bit.
    Hmmm....
    "Madgamer" said:
    Make a slot for 6 (miscellaneous or something. Whatever you want to call) and have that slot for temporary enhancements. Such as taking a pill that takes about 20 seconds to activate after you swallow it and works for 1 minute. An example would be a stabilizer, reducing your recoil from guns by half when you inject it into your arms. The reason they work extremely fast would obviously be to the future technique. Also you can not have more than 1 enhancements on at a time because chemicals that interfere with each other are known to cause severe problems. If a player does put 2 or more enhancements in at one time, they'll have various effects such as shaking, uncontrolled bleeding, blurry vision, and such. Putting in 5 enhancements should instantly kill the player. Overdose ain't good for 'ya man.
    The way the multiple inventory system works wouldn't take that because all items are unequiped when the active inventory is changed. If you used an upgrade you wouldn't be able to equip a gun, and changing the inventory so you can get a gun would unequip the upgrades.
    "Madgamer" said:
    Since the technology is advanced, weapons should be too. Since there's many test weapons being made, maybe you could also put in slot 7 and 8 for experimental and unstable weapons respectively.
    ...maybe... but some of them could fit the weapon classes already made, such as the Plasma Rifle(Assault).
    "Madgamer" said:
    You can get augments for your weapons during the game. They may be obtained through main storyline, secret areas, or by doing certain things. Augmentations are automatically put on your weapon once you get them. So let's say you have a boring old SMG. If you get an augment for dual barreled SMG, you should shoot twice as much. Of course, augments are meant to be detachable, so if you don't like your new weapon, change back to original. Upgrades on the other hand, are permanently stored in your weapons.
    Maybe... I could give you sliencers and the such, but seeing as you can't view the inventory it might be undoable.

A idea came while I read your post, so either 0 or 9 will activate a master inventory with all your guns in it.

And now back to last week's work...
    #
    DarkSoldierX 17 years ago
    I will see into the futer....

THIS MOD HAS A BRIGHT AND BLOODY FUTER!

I have no clue why i said that. Oh well. Its a great mod. And it will be great. I WILL SMITE ALL WHO OPPOSE IT!
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Max health increasing for severe injuries added.

Tazor enemies started...

I've also made six new floor textures.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Might be a rippoff of Trilby's Notes and Shock System 2 but in some events, when you just run into a room or something, sometimes the screen changes color (Gray, red, or pink, my favorite color next to red ) and you'll be able to see various cutscenes. Such as seeing the scientist talking to other scientist when they were still alive but talking as ghosts. Sometimes in those cutscenes the player may be another character for temporary. Then the character, preferably scientist, mutated ones, or guards will sometimes just abruptly end the flashback and go back to your last position before it started or die as the character and come back to your original character again. This might help with your plot, story, somethingness with it.

I'm wondering if my mind went bust, cause I can't really even churn out ideas anymore
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    If I use old security terminals, that might be possible. *thinks*
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    I probably crammed more work in today than I did the whole week.

I've made an encounter map... yes it's storyline important, and yes I'm being cryptic on purpose. You'll have to wait for the next beta to find out, which will probably be when there is more maps to play on. I'm thinking that the event the beta will end on will either be the taking of (the new, unspoilered objective) or just before that. I'll hopefully have at least one revelation in there. Hopefully.

Inventories 5 & 9 have been made.

Minor battery charge made. (Dropped by tazor enemies, it gives a slight energy boost and increases your max battery slightly)

And as usual, no more work will be done next week, so I'll remind myself here to start the N20 'Lightning Rod' gun.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    I wonder how long we have to wait...

Anyways, can you try to make the game a bit nonlinear? I know that's freaking hard to do but it gives the game a lot more flexibility and replay value. Say for like you choose to help your dying captain or leave him and go after your team. If you choose to leave with the team, storyline will be changed a bit because the captain won't be talking to you and also you'll be the teams captain because you were second to him now. Also by giving player choices, you can make the story different but connects because you'd understand it from a different perspective.

Stupid brain, I need to charge it up with my battery charger.

*Gets fried*
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    The map after the Primary landing area (Last map in the beta) has two exits which lead to diferent maps. It's not much, but a if I put in heaps of them it'll give some replay value.
    I spawned an idea just now though. I could have at one point a place where the player has to search through lots of maps for certain objectives, where you can choose any exit and go back into previously done areas and such. It'd be frekin' hard to pull off though.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    The N20 'Lighning Rod' has been made. I might have it available on a map in the next beta, but if not you can just map edit in in. It's got a low firerate right now because of the low starting battery of the player, but further on when the battery is higher, it'll be a force to be afraid of.
    #
    cristallion 17 years ago
    is there any other place to dowload this mod becouse all the links are dead?
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    If possible you can make grenade launchers that shoots grenades which ricochets off walls. However, I don't think Notrium engine was meant for ricocheting off stuff so I'll keep this one short.

Any type of currency in the game? I know it sounds crap but this place IS a science station so maybe scientists bought drinks from vending machines. Who knows? Also short, not sure if you're gonna do it or no.

There should be some parts where you are helpless to do anything and watch the events go on. Some events can be altered before going in to the event so this is just a suggestion for your non-linear-ness.

If you're going to do bosses, make most of them open-ended so that you can do anything from hitting it with a punch to taking it down with a rocket-launcher. Also, try to make many patterns or attacks as possible so it would be difficult to know what to do next.

If you know Diablo II and have a wizard with an ice orb spell or seen it, make the BFG (or another name) shoot a large energy 'ball' that shoots smaller energy balls around until it hits its target. When it hits its target, it'll release 8 energy balls going in a random direction. This'll consume a hell lot of fuels but awesome for group control.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "cristallion" said:
    is there any other place to dowload this mod becouse all the links are dead?
    No, you'll have to wait for the next beta, which will have more stuff in it.

"Madgamer" said:
    If possible you can make grenade launchers that shoots grenades which ricochets off walls. However, I don't think Notrium engine was meant for ricocheting off stuff so I'll keep this one short.
    If I could I would, but I don't see anyway of pulliing it off.

"Madgamer" said:
    If you know Diablo II and have a wizard with an ice orb spell or seen it, make the BFG (or another name) shoot a large energy 'ball' that shoots smaller energy balls around until it hits its target. When it hits its target, it'll release 8 energy balls going in a random direction. This'll consume a hell lot of fuels but awesome for group control.
    I don't know Diablo II, but the N20 is something like that. It's not an orb but a bolt of energy which fires of more bolts when it hits. It's useful on the swarms because it stuns as well, slowing down the amount of enemies able to kill you.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    I think he meant Doom, not Diablo. The BFG in Doom fires a BIG energy orb, and when it hits something, whatever it hits is dealt a HUGE amount of damage, and everything within a radius of that is dealt less, but still enough to kill weak creatures. Only bosses can survive more than one shot.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I think he meant Doom, not Diablo.
    Actually, I think he was suggesting that the ball(s) fired by the BFG should look like the wizard's ice orb spell in Diablo 2.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I think he meant Doom, not Diablo.
    Actually, I think he was suggesting that the ball(s) fired by the BFG should look like the wizard's ice orb spell in Diablo 2.

Correcto.

And N20? Sounds like an interesting concept. Gotta try and see.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Ah, I understand now. 'Cept for the part about how this blue ice-orb looks. *Does some searching on Google Images*
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    The name is actually frozen-orb and this is how it looks:

See the little fishies coming out from the cold-ass orb? Yep, that's what I was talking 'bout.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I think he meant Doom, not Diablo. The BFG in Doom fires a BIG energy orb, and when it hits something, whatever it hits is dealt a HUGE amount of damage, and everything within a radius of that is dealt less, but still enough to kill weak creatures. Only bosses can survive more than one shot.
    If you're talking about doom 1 or 2 or any doom besides 3 (and the obvious, such as the rougelike), the BFG actually fires a green orb, and 0.14 (IIRC) seconds after it explodes, the player fires a crudload of invisible rays at a fairly large arc (covering most of the screen) at the direction you fired, even if you have turned away. Not many turn away from the carnage a BFG does, though...
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    I never really even used BFG cause I thought it was just an ammo waster

After playing Werivar mod al-beit, let's say that the character gains psychic powers later on in the game. The ones you learn on the beginning are weak and drains your battery, or if you want to use other meters, mental meter (some other names would be nice) really fast. When you begin to use them a lot (An EXP meter for the psychic powers maybe? I know you already have lots of them, let's just hope it doesn't clog the interface.) your psychic powers 'evolve' in a sense and they get a bit stronger one form of the aspects or another. Sometimes after evolving one or more types of skills enough, you'll get a new skill you can use. Such as: Psionic Blast (3) with Meditate (2) will unlock a new skill Reflex (1). Of course, try something else rather than the usual Lv. system cause that is just plain boring. When most of your skills from psychic form has evolved many times, you'll be unlocked to another skills tree known as the ethereal form. Have fun making this.

I can't really get any more ideas, somebody needs to take my place for suggestions
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    After playing Werivar mod al-beit, let's say that the character gains psychic powers later on in the game. The ones you learn on the beginning are weak and drains your battery, or if you want to use other meters, mental meter (some other names would be nice) really fast. When you begin to use them a lot (An EXP meter for the psychic powers maybe? I know you already have lots of them, let's just hope it doesn't clog the interface.) your psychic powers 'evolve' in a sense and they get a bit stronger one form of the aspects or another. Sometimes after evolving one or more types of skills enough, you'll get a new skill you can use. Such as: Psionic Blast (3) with Meditate (2) will unlock a new skill Reflex (1). Of course, try something else rather than the usual Lv. system cause that is just plain boring. When most of your skills from psychic form has evolved many times, you'll be unlocked to another skills tree known as the ethereal form. Have fun making this.
    I considered this before, but decided against it (Even if I did go with it the psionic powers would've been really basic).

Flame turret made (It starts firing before the player is in range, so you get a warning before you walk into it's flaming glory).

Destructable walls added (see the modding library for code).

I've changed the dialog for Techie to an easier to read green (Notepad can't replace multiple lines so it was probably the most tediously repetitive thing I've done so far).

An idea came to me before, and I'm wondering if adding bone fragments to the gore would be over the top. I think I might try it, but with a way to disable it.
    #
    Quanrian 16 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    An idea came to me before, and I'm wondering if adding bone fragments to the gore would be over the top. I think I might try it, but with a way to disable it.

My best suggestion is to use the difficulty setting. Very few people end up using all the difficulties for their mod, so it's possible you can make a light gore version by simply using a difficulty and than using the appropriate condition to check if it's not that difficulty when using gore. There are other ways of course, but none that would be outright selectable from the start of your mod.
    #
    Forum » DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: