Register
Email: Password:
Forum » DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal
  • « previous
  • » next
  • DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal

#1survivor 16 years ago
    oh i ment to say your demanding alot...

I might be, but its something he could do if he already hasn't thought of it.
    #
    Putkonen 16 years ago
    isnt this mod little bit DEAD
    #
    haunter 16 years ago
    No,aslong as the creator of the mod is here then the mod isn't dead...if he was missing for 3 months then it would been "DEAD".
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "haunter" said:
    No,aslong as the creator of the mod is here then the mod isn't dead...if he was missing for 3 months then it would been "DEAD".
    Not so. I've never been missing for 3 months, and yet the mod I was working on (Wazzal II) is dead.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    I've never been missing for 3 months, and yet the mod I was working on (Wazzal II) is dead.
    I never end the projects I begin, so I don't even try to release a alpha, beta or gamma or something. You won't believe how mod-polluted my Notrium folder is.
    #
    haunter 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "haunter" said:
    Not so. I've never been missing for 3 months, and yet the mod I was working on (Wazzal II) is dead.
    I meant if you keep posting updates and stuff.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    ... I could've sworn you meant the creator of the mod having left the forum.

But, yea, this mod is NOT dead. By a lot. In fact, Redemption posts his progress relatively often.
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    "#1survivor" said:
    You should have larry the medic find his way through the trail of bodies to the phq headquarters. You could use the extra help and you could make the game greatly harder.

Also u should add in some game bosses about a lvl before you find a Team A Member.

Idea- Further into finding other Team A Members you should run into a hazmat area with mutated scientists. Will include acid spills, radiation areas, and gas chambers, all leathal. another monster in that area, Sludge, crawls along the ground and does medium damage. hazmat areas are all pitch black. makes it more hostile. No light switches either. I bet u could do a few lvls on this.

The medic will live, but I'm not sure where he'll be going. He'll probably end up: Meeting up with your squad; Going to pHQ; Or captured by the enemy.

I won't be making any bosses in the game (An enemy that takes their weight in bullets to bring down seems too annoying to me).

I thought of mutated enemies a fair while ago (I've already made a creature for this, you could map edit it in if you've still got the beta), but a sludge enemy seems a good idea.

The way back to pHQ has everything done except the new enemy placements. After thats done I'll work on the Trip mines and such, then I'll have to decide whether I'll use pHQ as your base of operations or you leave there forever and continue with the run and gun idea.
    #
    #1survivor 16 years ago
    "Redemption" said:

After thats done I'll work on the Trip mines and such, then I'll have to decide whether I'll use pHQ as your base of operations or you leave there forever and continue with the run and gun idea.
    Zex was here !

Well here is a thought. Adding tripmines would be great. especially if the phq were to be your base of operations. you could use the trip mines to defend the phq from waves of monsters.
    NOT !!!
    How to make waves. on the map set a eat item for a new creature. the creature or mad scientist wold try its hardest to get the eat item. if they got it, game over. when ever a wave is over the next wave could come, having the same eat item. to make the waves you could use the quarintine doors and have them open after each wave is complete.

also i was messing with the editor. and tripmine 4 could be used as a tractor beam to pull u into objects, such as enemy barrels or flame turrets.
    #
    harwe 16 years ago
    "#1survivor" said:

How to make waves. on the map set a eat item for a new creature. the creature or mad scientist wold try its hardest to get the eat item. if they got it, game over. when ever a wave is over the next wave could come, having the same eat item. to make the waves you could use the quarintine doors and have them open after each wave is complete.
    what id like to know is how is it possible to force the ai to move in one route?
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "#1survivor" said:
    Zex was here !
    Seriously?
    #
    #1survivor 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    "#1survivor" said:
    Zex was here !
    Seriously?

1. That is a false quote.
    2. Its still possible. Same way they go in one direction to attack the player. Mostly ending up getting stuck on walls but hey you can hunt them down if they get lost.
    3. I could try to make a small mod showing it.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    ...what the hell?
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    ZeX is your enemy. Help us catch it and we won't have to deal with these so-called "False Quotes".
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    The enemy placements for the way back to pHQ are done.

Trip mines have been made. Due to a sudden idea at the time I started making them, they work by a tripwire rather than a simple proximity detonation. Chances are high that I'll be proximmity mine later on.

Dual LP SMGs have been made. They drink your bullets quickly, but they work on anything.

Military Cocktail gun is yet to be made.
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    The 500 dialog barrier has been broken (By a 48 liner, possibly the longest yet).

The next mission from pHQ will be going after another Team A marine, who'll be gone before you reach him. This guy will probably become a significant storyline character. Whether I go with the run and gun idea or the pHQ as base of operations idea is undecided, but I'm leaning towards pHQ right now.
    #
    #1survivor 16 years ago
    "#1survivor" said:
    "Redemption" said:

After thats done I'll work on the Trip mines and such, then I'll have to decide whether I'll use pHQ as your base of operations or you leave there forever and continue with the run and gun idea.
    [color/black]Zex was here ![/color]

Well here is a thought. Adding tripmines would be great. especially if the phq were to be your base of operations. you could use the trip mines to defend the phq from waves of monsters.
    [color/black]NOT !!![/color]

also i was messing with the editor. and tripmine 4 could be used as a tractor beam to pull u into objects, such as enemy barrels or flame turrets.

Omg, I just noticed the Zex Was Here! on my post.
    he also wrote - Not!!!

how did he do that. (Ichanged the color from white to black)
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "#1survivor" said:
    how did he do that.
    He's a MODERATOR. Moderators and Administrators can, by default, edit other people's posts.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    That doesn't look like ZeX's doing.
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    Plasma Crossbow made.
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    I've decided I'll be going with having pHQ as your base of operations. You will eventually abandon the place, but you'll have a whole lot of missions before that.

Incindiary Flechette Shotgun made. It's slightly more accurate than the normal shotgun, plus it lights enemies on fire.
    #
    D0M0 16 years ago
    I just passed alyerion betrayal mod (the latest version harwe had in his sig [i get all my mods from there]). I'ts a great mod and i encourage you to go on. Can't wait for those post pHQ missions .
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    Key operated walls made. The keys disappear after they're used, so there will few situations where you have to decide between which door to use the key on, so there will be different paths.

Proximity doors made. Nothing really special about these, they just disappear when you get near them and come back a second later.

Timed doors now reappear a set time after you press the switch (They used to run on their own time, sometimes coming back a split second after you press the switch).
    #
    FaV 16 years ago
    А теперь нормально запости: скрины, айфолдер- знакомо?
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "FaV" said:
    А теперь нормально запости: скрины, айфолдер- знакомо?
    Пожалуйста используйте английскую язык когда оприходование в этих форумах. Для того чтобы найти програмное обеспечение или страницы перевода, используйте Google. ( Сообщение переведенное с <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.systran.co.uk/">http://www.systran.co.uk/</a><!-- m --> )

( What I (supposedly) said: "Please use English when posting in these forums. To find translation software or pages, use Google." )

Если вы имеете больше вопросов, то пожалуйста спросите их здесь: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.monkkonen.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3375">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3375</a><!-- l -->

( "If you have more questions, please ask them here:" )
    #
    FaV 16 years ago
    Ok. I want say about posting mod. Usually to a mods, maps and etc. add screens for gamer knew about mod or map better. And filefactory not all it's convenient. There are many good hosting in internet (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ifolder.ru">http://www.ifolder.ru</a><!-- m -->, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.narod.ru">http://www.narod.ru</a><!-- m -->
    Пожалуйста, используйте английский язык при создании постов на этих форумах (why forumS? It a one forum: этом форуме). Для того, чтобы найти программное обеспечение (проги) или разговорники\словари, используйте (юзайте) Google (Гугл). (Сообщение переведено на <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.systran.co.uk/">http://www.systran.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->.- Так правильнее\so is more correct.
    Я думаю, со временем мы научимся понимать друг друга\ I think, in due course we shall learn to understand each other.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "FaV" said:
    Ok. I want say about posting mod. Usually to a mods, maps and etc. add screens for gamer knew about mod or map better. And filefactory not all it's convenient. There are many good hosting in internet (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ifolder.ru">http://www.ifolder.ru</a><!-- m -->, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.narod.ru">http://www.narod.ru</a><!-- m -->
    Пожалуйста, используйте английский язык при создании постов на этих форумах (why forumS? It a one forum: этом форуме). Для того, чтобы найти программное обеспечение (проги) или разговорники\словари, используйте (юзайте) Google (Гугл). (Сообщение переведено на <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.systran.co.uk/">http://www.systran.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->.- Так правильнее\so is more correct.
    Я думаю, со временем мы научимся понимать друг друга\ I think, in due course we shall learn to understand each other.
    Since you seem to understand English a bit, I'll just post in English.

The reason for my inaccuracies is the fact that I used the translator found through that link (the systran one). I myself can't read or write any Russian (nor am I inclined to learn it, either).

A question in order to turn this thread back on-topic: What are you (Redemption) planning on adding (short term and long term goals, please)?
    #
    FaV 16 years ago
    Many gamers/players, all religious and nationalities ( ) want to see, that download. I think, mods, maps, programs need screenshots.
    #
    harwe 16 years ago
    my sig for downloading the mod
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    A question in order to turn this thread back on-topic: What are you (Redemption) planning on adding (short term and long term goals, please)?
    I'm going to make the last map for the second mission from pHQ fairly soon. After that I might release the beta. Depending on how much additional gameplay time there is, I might have the way back to pHQ as well. A sniper rifle upgrade might be included.

In the long term I'll eventually have a mission to take out rHQ, which will be heavily fortified. You'll probably have a squad of Team A survivors with you by then.
    Smoke grenades might be made if I can find a way to make them work (I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it will work).
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    Fires can now be extinguished (See modding library).

The final map for the second mission from pHQ has been made. All I need to do now is the enemy placements for the way back and the mission will be complete.

[Edit] That was fast. Enemy placements made.

[Edit] Beta 10

Unzip it to the Notrium directory to install.

The start map has two basic options. You can start from the begining by going right, or start from the pHQ entry gauntlet (Almost where beta 9 left off) by going down through the armoury (So you start with all the guns you would have picked up).

There are two missions from pHQ now. The first one is the longest, but the second uses a lot more switches. If you get stuck on any level, post the name of it and where you got stuck so I can fix it (H key ingame to see level name).

Some of the new stuff:
    - Aleryon assault rifle
    - A switch that disables turrets
    - Key operated doors
    - I.F. Shotgun
    - Sniper rifle upgrade (Map edit it in, not in gameline yet)
    - Extinguishable fires, fire extinguisher
    - Plasma crossbow

A note to those attempting to mod the mod: Some of the .dats have no comment lines. It cut down on file size so I figured I'd do it. At first I was just going to do that for terrain_maps.dat, but the file was so big notepad took about five seconds per line with it's replace all thing. Multiply that by 200 or each item placed in the maps, then multiply that by 60 for the amount of maps. I'm just to lazy to wait that long.

Post the time you spent playing it (Top right hand corner divided by 60 for minutes), whether or not you completed it before getting bored and leaving, your killcount, any boring/annoying parts, whether or not you knew what was going on storylinewise, overall enjoyment, etc.
    #
    Quanrian 16 years ago
    I've not gotten a chance to try this, but I promise I will. I think I speak for more than just myself when I say, it's good to see someone sticking with their mod and remaining so passionate about it. I'll get back to you in a day or so, as I'll probably be playing through your mod on one of my days off this week. To any who followed this mod, I do hope some at least noticed just how important persistance is above all else.
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    I think I speak for more than just myself when I say, it's good to see someone sticking with their mod and remaining so passionate about it.
    Damn straight.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    "Quanrian" said:
    I think I speak for more than just myself when I say, it's good to see someone sticking with their mod and remaining so passionate about it.
    Damn straight.
    Ditto. (even though i haven't been paying much attention to the thread. I'm no longer an active Notrium player, but you sure as hell have my support.)
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    "Anarion" said:
    "Quanrian" said:
    Damn straight.
    Ditto. (even though i haven't been paying much attention to the thread. I'm no longer an active Notrium player, but you sure as hell have my support.)
    Pretty much what I was gonna say.
    #
    Forum » DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: