Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 12 - Headspears, Strike the Earth!
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • » next
  • Werewolf 12 - Headspears, Strike the Earth!

    Endymion 2 years ago
    Oh it's over! I'm up for another round. Also I'm curious why was I the first one to get killed? I was kind of hoping for it since my role was interesting only until I actually told anyone that no you shouldn't pull any of the levers and I figured no one would be silly enough to pull one of them without the info.
    #
    Grim Reaper 2 years ago
    You were slain more-or-less solely to cast suspicion on others (namely E_net and Anonymous).

    Sadly, that failed due to the seer/JoI discovering MageKing17 that very night. Also, I had forgotten the suspicion factor of your death when deciding upon the target for the next killing.
    #
    E_net4 2 years ago
    Grim Reaper said:
    You were slain more-or-less solely to cast suspicion on others (namely E_net and Anonymous).
    But yeah, then why did you kill him if he could be persuaded to lynch-vote us?
    #
    Anonymous1157 2 years ago
    We have, like, eleven active members right now. And they were all here.

    We need to find some way to balance Werewolf/Mafia for very few players.
    #
    SpeedBlade 2 years ago
    It could be a lynch-only game, meaning the baddies don't really get a night-kill.

    Give them an additional player than normal, or give each of them a chance to discover the seer every day/night cycle. Maybe have a cupid pair among the villagers.
    #
    Narvius 2 years ago
    SpeedBlade said:
    It could be a lynch-only game, meaning the baddies don't really get a night-kill.

    That... actually sounds interesting/viable. Your thoughts, everyone?

    Though, if we were to do that, I'd say make it a fully symmetric game, with both teams being evenly-matched.

    Edited 2 years ago
    #
    Grim Reaper 2 years ago
    So, two teams of villagers, one with a seer, the other with knowledge of who's on their team? Sounds interesting indeed.

    The question that comes to mind from that: Will all the other special roles also be assigned solely to the unorganised team?
    #
    E_net4 2 years ago
    I've seen a variant where there is only one "werewolf", but only one other character can accuse him. All the remaining players served to speculate.
    #
    Murska 2 years ago
    The most simple method would be to have no / very few special roles. Ordinary villagers and 2 wolves is rather balanced.
    #
    E_net4 2 years ago
    Murska said:
    The most simple method would be to have no / very few special roles. Ordinary villagers and 2 wolves is rather balanced.
    Unfortunately, it's not very interesting unless everyone is capable of holding any sort of conversation. Besides, everything is pretty much random without special roles, since there is no room for skill and realistic speculation.
    #
    MageKing17 2 years ago
    Narvius said:
    SpeedBlade said:
    It could be a lynch-only game, meaning the baddies don't really get a night-kill.

    That... actually sounds interesting/viable. Your thoughts, everyone?

    Though, if we were to do that, I'd say make it a fully symmetric game, with both teams being evenly-matched.
    Yeah, I have a thought... what's to prevent people from just refusing to lynch anyone? The incentive to lynch people in a regular game is that if you do nothing, the Wolves will just pick off your entire team every night.
    #
    SpeedBlade 2 years ago
    If no one votes, night breaks the ice by concealing voter-identity (PM-lynch) or by giving the baddies their way.
    #
    Amarth 2 years ago
    I guess we could also play something more akin to the Resistance. It's basically iterated WW where no-one dies. The board game variant works for 4 to 10 players IIRC, and I believe it can be adapted with little to no work for message board.

    It's an awesome real life board game by the way. I have multiple copies.
    #
    Murska 2 years ago
    Resistance is fun, yeah.

    I have to laugh at the idea that without special roles there's no skill in Werewolf. The vast majority of WW skill is in the play of a vanilla townie (villager), who has to find the wolves simply based on what is said in the thread (or in this variant, over PMs as well). How you work around incomplete and uncertain information is what it's all about.

    For example, I pegged Grim as the last wolf based on his interaction with the Mageking lynch, and used the Leash on him that night, simply based on what was said in the thread. All the special roles simply make it too easy, as there was no room for doubt once SpeedBlade could clear himself as the Bookkeeper. But even without Amarth linking me and SpeedBlade and INFERNAL claiming, I'd have pushed to lynch Grim.
    #
    MageKing17 2 years ago
    Murska said:
    I have to laugh at the idea that without special roles there's no skill in Werewolf. The vast majority of WW skill is in the play of a vanilla townie (villager), who has to find the wolves simply based on what is said in the thread (or in this variant, over PMs as well). How you work around incomplete and uncertain information is what it's all about.
    Absolutely this, as I'm sure anyone who was a player in a game where I was an ordinary villager can attest.
    #
    E_net4 1 year ago
    Well, this was last WW game we had, and it was one year ago. And that's too much! Who's available for a new game?
    #
    INFERNUS 1 year ago
    I'm in.
    #
    Narvius 1 year ago
    Sure. Let's try to limit the escalating extravagance of our variants a bit, though.
    #
    E_net4 1 year ago
    Narvius said:
    Sure. Let's try to limit the escalating extravagance of our variants a bit, though.
    On that, I agree. I'm willing to host if no one else really wishes to take the role, and my intents are to keep it a bit closer to what we did in the first few games. I also have an idea for the theme.
    #
    Amarth 1 year ago
    I'm in!
    #
    Endymion 1 year ago
    I'm still available.
    #
    Grim Reaper 1 year ago
    Still available as well.
    #
    Endymion 1 year ago
    So, when do we start? Of course we still might want more people but how long do we wait for them? weeks, months or years!?
    #
    E_net4 1 year ago
    Endymion said:
    So, when do we start? Of course we still might want more people but how long do we wait for them? weeks, months or years!?
    That's the problem, man. We only have 5 players (excluding the game master), and it won't work without at least 9. The only wait here is for more players. Go ahead and spread the word to your friends.

    Edited 1 year ago
    #
    Endymion 1 year ago
    How bad would it be with less than 9 players? We could try to figure out a way to make it work with less players.
    Edited 1 year ago
    #
    E_net4 1 year ago
    Endymion said:
    How bad would it be with less than 9 players? We could try to figure out a way to make it work with less players.
    Maybe we should think of a different rule set that makes the game last longer without making it boring. All that I have thought of so far is nerfing the villager-friendly classes, but it doesn't help much in terms of durability. What if there's a new death condition?
    #
    Narvius 1 year ago
    Lynch-only with a smaller, coordinated team, and a larger, uninformed team seems like a good idea I guess.
    No day/night cycle, just one day after another. Extra roles optional.

    Edited 1 year ago
    #
    E_net4 1 year ago
    Ok, let's insist. I propose following what Narvius suggested and try a WW game with a few more tweaks.

    - No night time, no night actions. Each player can vote to lynch each day and that's it.
    - No special roles (except for the werewolves knowing each other).
    - Free candy to those who actually make this interesting.

    Any suggestions?
    #
    Narvius 1 year ago
    Yes, I got a suggestion.
    Let's get started.

    If it turns out to be too slow, we can think about what manipulable information to introduce later.

    Edited 1 year ago
    #
    E_net4 1 year ago
    Sure... am I the game master? I haven't prepared anything, but hopefully this ain't an issue.
    #
    Narvius 1 year ago
    I'm pretty sure you are, yeah.
    Also, just whip up some random fluff. It's not that hard.
    #
    E_net4 1 year ago
    I am currently preparing the game, it should start soon. Keep an eye on your PM boxes.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 12 - Headspears, Strike the Earth!
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • » next
  • Post Reply


    Your email:
    Your name: