Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium keybindings

Notrium keybindings

Guest (guest) 4 years ago
I have been trying to change the keys for Notrium but without any success. I can't find any config file where this could be changed.
My main issue is that U and B keys are too far from WSAD and thus it's quite uncomfortable to use them. It would be much nicer if i could just set break and use to something that's closer to the left side of the keyboard.
Would anybody be able to help with this issue?
Thanks in advance.
#
Anonymous1157 4 years ago
There is no way to directly remap these buttons. They are hardcoded into the game (And baked into the graphics, but that's besides the point).

If you're using a mouse with custom mapping software (Microsoft mice come to mind because I have one and it works for this specifically), you might consider creating a game profile for Notrium that remaps U and B to buttons 4 and 5.

Failing that, if you have any experience modding Notrium, you may be able to write a script that triggers the action for you when you press a different button. U and B will still work, which may/not be what you're looking for. On top of that, I haven't played Notrium since I-don't-remember-how-long, nevermind modding it, so I'm not sure it was actually possible or where I saw it done already. (This is really a last-resort solution.)
#
ville 4 years ago
There is no direct way to set the keys. As I recall, some of the keys were actually moddable. Especially the item keys, which reside in the items.dat. I think U and B were both item keys, so you should just be able to open up items.dat, and replace this line:
B;//quick key

And the same goes for the line:
U;//use key
#
Ardjun (guest) 4 years ago
Thanks alot. I replaced all U;/use keys with a different letter of my liking. I managed to change the USE key but a key for BREAKING things apart still eludes me. Can't find it anywhere.
#
Ardjun (guest) 4 years ago
This was a big step forward. It will be much easier to play a psionic now and i know how to set hotkeys for each item i'd like. If i knew how to change a key for breaking things apart then it would be perfect.
#
ville 4 years ago
Ardjun (guest) said:
This was a big step forward. It will be much easier to play a psionic now and i know how to set hotkeys for each item i'd like. If i knew how to change a key for breaking things apart then it would be perfect.

I have a feeling that one is hard coded.
#
Forum » Notrium keybindings

Your email:
Your name: