Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium keybindings

Notrium keybindings

Guest (guest) 12 years ago
I have been trying to change the keys for Notrium but without any success. I can't find any config file where this could be changed.
My main issue is that U and B keys are too far from WSAD and thus it's quite uncomfortable to use them. It would be much nicer if i could just set break and use to something that's closer to the left side of the keyboard.
Would anybody be able to help with this issue?
Thanks in advance.
#
Anonymous1157 12 years ago
There is no way to directly remap these buttons. They are hardcoded into the game (And baked into the graphics, but that's besides the point).

If you're using a mouse with custom mapping software (Microsoft mice come to mind because I have one and it works for this specifically), you might consider creating a game profile for Notrium that remaps U and B to buttons 4 and 5.

Failing that, if you have any experience modding Notrium, you may be able to write a script that triggers the action for you when you press a different button. U and B will still work, which may/not be what you're looking for. On top of that, I haven't played Notrium since I-don't-remember-how-long, nevermind modding it, so I'm not sure it was actually possible or where I saw it done already. (This is really a last-resort solution.)
#
ville 12 years ago
There is no direct way to set the keys. As I recall, some of the keys were actually moddable. Especially the item keys, which reside in the items.dat. I think U and B were both item keys, so you should just be able to open up items.dat, and replace this line:
B;//quick key

And the same goes for the line:
U;//use key
#
Ardjun (guest) 12 years ago
Thanks alot. I replaced all U;/use keys with a different letter of my liking. I managed to change the USE key but a key for BREAKING things apart still eludes me. Can't find it anywhere.
#
Ardjun (guest) 12 years ago
This was a big step forward. It will be much easier to play a psionic now and i know how to set hotkeys for each item i'd like. If i knew how to change a key for breaking things apart then it would be perfect.
#
ville 12 years ago
Ardjun (guest) said:
This was a big step forward. It will be much easier to play a psionic now and i know how to set hotkeys for each item i'd like. If i knew how to change a key for breaking things apart then it would be perfect.

I have a feeling that one is hard coded.
#
Forum » Notrium keybindings

Your email:
Your name: