Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Legend Of Zelda Mod?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Legend Of Zelda Mod?

ModSlayer 17 years ago
    Im going to create a legend of zelda mod...(When I get enough people to help me) If you want to help with scripting,graphics, testing,
    debugging, and whatever else I cant think of right now...Please Post

P.S. Please dont make fun of me this time...Im kind of serious...
    SO DONT!!!!!...please
    #
    DarkAlienX 17 years ago
    Id like to test! I cant help you in anything else though.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Now seriously... That's a pretty good idea. It's original, to say the least.

But I don't know about copyright. Don't want to spoil it, but it might be a problem.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    I can't see any reason why a Zelda mod couldn't be done. However you have to keep in mind Ville's policy on copyrighted material. It's safer to just say... something 'like' Zelda in other words . What surprises me is that no one has tried to make DBZ or Pokemon mod lol.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    *gasp*

Do you have any idea what you just incorporated into the forumers' minds?!
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Will the mod be open ended?
    #
    Inane 17 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    What surprises me is that no one has tried to make a Pokemon mod lol.
    Oh my god that is ingenious... The only problem is the amount of graphics needed.

Edit: Sorry for the OT post.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    [OT]
    "Quanrian" said:
    What surprises me is that no one has tried to make DBZ or Pokemon mod lol.
    It doesn't surprise me, and I don't appreciate you putting those ideas into the new members' heads. ;P[/OT]
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    Actually the best way to start is with something you're passionate about. Can you deny a good mod couldn't be made for either of those ? It's just the same as Zelda, it can be very good if he's passionate, or horrible if he's just doing it to pass some time.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    Can you deny a good mod couldn't be made for either of those ?
    Yes, actually, I can.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    Well point me at the broad selection of 'good' mods There should be at least half a dozen by now given how long Notrium has been out.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Have you actually started working on the mod yet? How soon can we expect an alpha?
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    So...Who wants to help then >_>
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    It depends on what you want to get done, and if it doesnt take much of my time I guess I could help with scripting.
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    cool...Thats one person...
    #
    sod9gfk 17 years ago
    I might pitch in.

(I have returned after 1 year of vacancy!)
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Worry not.

Your replacement has already been found.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    Worry not.

Now now, don't go tellin' 'im dat, for 'twas I who got him back!
    #
    sod9gfk 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Crazy" said:
    Worry not.

Yes. I still can't believe I managed to find you other than here on the huge internet. Man its a small world.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    [OT]
    "sod9gfk" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Crazy" said:
    Worry not.

Yes. I still can't believe I managed to find you other than here on the huge internet. Man its a small world.
    Ya mean it's a small Internets. [/OT]

So, what are your plans for this mod so far, ModSlayer?
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    I dunno maybe like classic role...Collect the Tri-Force Rescue Zelda Win the game...
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    I might start today I just need some ideas!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    How about something different than rescuing the princes and finding the triforce or some other great force?
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    I dunno you got any ideas...
    Oh and go on msn messenger
    We tlk there..
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Not really, no.
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    Waaa no ideas.......
    #
    DarkAlienX 17 years ago
    I GOTS AN IDEA! Ok thier world was once good then some evil dude unlocked the gate to evil and he lets them all out and they start to try to conqure kindoms, the evil was too strong and all, they killed most of the kingdoms, then good makes one last army of the best to stop them, they fail and the world is put under slavery forever, then you come along and get born. Then you have a quest to stop him, you gather followers and stuff and u try to kill the evil gie and close the gate to that evil place. The probolem is that u need the wahtever item(s) to close it. Mhwahhahaa
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    ... Tose poor people...(yea watever)
    OK im gonna need some graphics of playable chars(like link,and um i dunno and some other things)Im gonna to need a mapper and whoever else that wants to help...
    #
    DarkAlienX 17 years ago
    Il be game tester
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Could you please stop being generally annoying? FYI this mod kinda stopped when ModSlayer got Programmer's Block.
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    I just need ideas for quests and stuff, and im not good at graphics so i need someone to do graphics for me...Plus the mod is not dead i cant even start because no one will do graphics with me...
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    You don't need good graphics to start a mod, I didn't and the DOOM mod got started.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    That is actually quite correct. No matter how bad an artist you are. Graphics can always be redone later by someone with talent. Scripts however and gameplay issues in general, not to mention bug testing is going to chew up your time in a much larger way. I suggest at least working on an alpha to work out your concepts rather than waiting for someone to do art for you. I've always found that once people see you're actually serious about it and getting stuff done they're more inclined to invest their time.
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    Ok...Ill put out a demo,so everythings gonna be preety crappy for now
    #
    ModSlayer 17 years ago
    Yea just doing the sprites is gonna take like a month (for me...)
    I mean i can do normal sprites preety well but notrium spites have color blending and shit like that so uh if any one can get me a Link sprite then i can do the rest...
    #
    Forum » Legend Of Zelda Mod?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: