Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Ultimate Item Combining Thread (Mega Spoiler!)
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Ultimate Item Combining Thread (Mega Spoiler!)

E_net4 16 years ago
    "haunter" said:
    Hey i made a warp gun...then combined it with the beacon ray or watever it is called and made warp drill...i drilled 1 crystal and combined...made warp drill gun and i can't use it...am i missing anything?
    The warp drill gun is a weapon. To use it as a drill, you must have 600 of energy and use the drill with Y instead of U.
    By the way, only the human and android can use it.
    #
    haunter 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "haunter" said:
    Hey i made a warp gun...then combined it with the beacon ray or watever it is called and made warp drill...i drilled 1 crystal and combined...made warp drill gun and i can't use it...am i missing anything?
    The warp drill gun is a weapon. To use it as a drill, you must have 600 of energy and use the drill with Y instead of U.
    By the way, only the human and android can use it.

LOL oh...Snap i play with werivan...damm *starts a new game* this should do ^^ *dies* dammm....anyway thx for the help

EDITut these in item guide too

Lazer Shotgun =Pulse Lazer(Lazer Pistol + glass marble) + Pumple Shotgun
    Biomass Reactor =Battery Charger + Replication Cell + spacement container + spacement container(yes for 2nd time)
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Aren't that Werivar only?
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    Aren't that Werivar only?
    Yes.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Uh... wtf is Spacement Container? Specimen Container maybe?
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Sorted it alphabetically.
    By the way: I'm pretty sure this thread was haunted by ZeX. I can't remember writing a big red "Notrium"... (originally it was "Vanilla Notrium", size 24, bold, red)
    #
    2_Late 16 years ago
    The more interesting combinations for the mod I have not seen yet? Right from the items.dat file (Not too hard to search once you get a feel for it.)

Item Detector = Robot Wreck + Subspace Radio
    Laser Fence = ((Pulse Laser+CPU)+Energy Unit+Energy Unit)+Force Field Generator
    Powered Item Detector += Energy Unit
    Advanced Flame Thrower = Flame Thrower + Powered Partial Accelerator
    Omni-Directional Light = LED + Glass Marble
    Pulse Warp Gun = Pulse Laser + Warp Gun
    Duel Barrel Pistol = VC + Rapid Fire Pistols
    Old Turret Base = Motion Detector + Metal Rod + CPU
    Adv Turret Base = Old Turret Base + Omni-Directional Light
    Pulse Laser Turret = Adv Turret Base + Pulse Laser
    Adv. Gun Turret = Adv Turret Base + Duel Barrel Pistol
    Omni-Light = Omni-Directional Light + Energy Unit
    Warp-Drill Gun = Warp Drill + Powered Prism Crystal
    Warp Drill = Warp Gun + Beacon Ray
    Powered Food Gen = Food Generator + Powered Prism Crystal
    Powered Ether Gen = (Food Generator+Eather) + Powered Prism Crystal

Not sure where to get the taser to make the warp gun though to make a powered food gen. I'm not even sure how the Werivar Gets enough to power the food gen ,even hunting non-stop, in the hive or VC base to hold on long enough to start making it pay off. To say nothing of getting enough food to out maneuver it's way past the grossly over powered battle droids to get the bunker key card or get around the clusters of snipers,that litter the ship graveyard like land mines, to get a warp core.

I had to tweak the mod to tone down the graveyard and east hive to get around some performance issues, and stop the hangups in the hive.

Almost forgot the "Me so over powered you no touch me, and Need Ether no more" Hover Bike Mk. II

Make the hoverbike, get in, drop a pulse laser, powered armor, a powered crystal, and robot wreck, get out, and wait 2 seconds.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Changed the spoiler color from "white" to "#ECECEC" to match the new post background.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    How nice of you to bother.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    How nice of you to bother.
    How non-nice of you to complain.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    What, now?

There was no sarcasm in my post. I truly mean that's it's nice of someone to bother to fix such a minor thing on such an old project.
    #
    Xsis 15 years ago
    How i can make Beacon ray or bazooka?
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    Beacon Ray's in the list, and bazooka is either Werivar-only or non-makeable.
    #
    Xsis 15 years ago
    Ok, but you need make radiator first and then combine it with pulse beacon. And bazooka is in werivar mod.
    #
    z5151 15 years ago
    How do you make a nest? Some one told me it was 10 or 5 fire wood but i cant seem to make one. any tips?
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    First make sure you have a fully evolved Alien (Default mod, there's one more evolution step ahead of this one on Werivar). If so, then you'll have an item in your inventory that allows you to produce eggs out of food and create nests out of wood.
    #
    Zankman 14 years ago
    Not once in the game have I seen an Power Armor or Enhanced Power Armor...
    So, could someone give me a hint for making Power Armor?
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    It's right on the "root" force field generator's description, so I wouldn't take it as a spoiler. Go ahead and take a look.
    #
    Romah 14 years ago
    Hello...
    Been playing for a while now... There is so many things I wish there was a clear explanation to
    Especially with werivar (spell?) mod. There needs to be a complete full list on combining...
    And personally Im having issues with some items that were listed.
    Can someone please tell me how to get beacon ray and looking glass? I know its listed, but the recepie given does not work for me...

So far i tried glass tube + marble + long rod = looking glass? Am I missing something? this does not work for me
    Also, same with beacon ray... It just did not work for me
    Can someone please try it and post confirmation on the two?
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    AFAIK, there are many new items in Werivar, so it's a hard task to list all those combinations. If you're having trouble with more specific items, we are sure to help you.

The beacon ray can be made by combining a radiator weapon and a beacon. Make sure you use it first if it's an unlit beacon.
    The looking glass is a special item made by Quanrian himself. You must use the metal tube to build the looking glass. A glass marble is required for this.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    The looking glass is a special item made by Quanrian himself. You must use the metal tube to build the looking glass. A glass marble is required for this.
    Also, a welding torch is required in your inventory to weld them (metal tube and glass marble) together. Since you already needed a welding torch to form a glass marble, I think it's not a problem . The looking glass is ubreakable. Anyway, you won't need metal tube for anything else (AFAIR) and there is plenty sand to create more glass marbles. IMHO, the looking glass is still one of the most useless items. I would propose adding a sniper rifle (of a sniper pistol and the looking glass) to make it of some use. Also, the "O" button is bad... Too far, I'd propose "T" or smth like that.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    I think there IS a sniper rifle, in fact.
    #
    Romah 14 years ago
    Ah! Got the beacon ray built! The problem was it was unlit! >.< This should be stated in description I think. I know its fun to find stuff out your self, but Im paranoid that I missed out on alot of equipment I could have enjoyed... Hence why I wish there was a complete item list and what it does. (not necessarily how to build it) Although there should be a guide for that also... If I had all the data and facts right, Id make one myself and post it... but i dont. So im asking...
    But, what in the world do i do to make looking glass still? I tried following your guys advice...
    I click on rod "you wave the rod around and nothing magical happens" message appears -_-
    I click on marble and get "shiny!" message...
    I even tried the torch... nothing *cries* HELP!!!

And whats that thing about sniper rifle?? O_o

Another question... how do I get double shotgun and laser shotty?
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    Its been a while since I played but Id presume you have to combine the rod with the marble? Like, take the marble and drop it on the ro-tube. And I know there was a sniper rifle in one of the mods... of course I only remember that because of the annoyance of making sniper bullets.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    You don't use "Long Metal Rod", but "Metal Tube".
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    I think there IS a sniper rifle, in fact.
    But you can't combine the looking glass to it.

And the long metal rod doesn't equal to the metal tube, which is found in the marshlands where the insectoids live. Then just use the TUBE.

Another question... how do I get double shotgun and laser shotty?
    I never heard of a double shotgun, and I don't remember how to make the laser shotgun. However, try combining a regular shotgun with the laser pistor/pulse laser pistor/other similar stuff. You can make a pulse laser pistol by adding a glass marble.
    #
    Romah 14 years ago
    Oh!!!
    *goes hunting for tube*
    Thanks much guys... I apologize for many many questions and I fear there are many more to come... ops:

But as for sniper, i know you get one by combining rod with pistol. But I was not sure if there is another improved sniper version. (with the zoom perhaps)

And about shotgun, there is a screenshot of Werivar mod with a laser shotgun in it... here...
    http://www.monkkonen.net/notrium_data/mod/werivar/shot002.jpg
    I cant link the image for some reason as it cuts off the edges...
    Also, double barrel shotgun.. Ive read it somewhere that its possible...

So far my main weapons are, dual pistol and pulse beam laser. The bazooka seems utterly useless But every weapon I got simply does not work vs snipers.
    Thanks for the help by the way!
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    There happens to be a dual barrel pistol, which are 2 pistols in one. Try combining the VC pistol with the ice-improved pistol.

Edit:
    | Then I haven't a clue.
    v
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    He already has the dual pistol, he says :3
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    "Romah" said:

But as for sniper, i know you get one by combining rod with pistol. But I was not sure if there is another improved sniper version. (with the zoom perhaps)
    Alas, no. It is (quoting) sniper pistol. I don't know about other mods, but in Werivar and default there is no sniper rifle AFAIK. What I meant was the sniper rifle with zoom and I don't see why it isn't in Werivar. It's so easy (and easy, and easy, and creepy... )
    "E_net4" said:
    However, try combining a regular shotgun with the laser pistor/pulse laser pistor/other similar stuff. You can make a pulse laser pistol by adding a glass marble.
    Yeah, that's right way to get laser shotgun. Only but - I don't seem to get what it is for...
    The second barrel for a shotty is made from another long metal rod.
    Bazooka... What a disappointment
    Sniping and changing position works well vs snipers. The only problem is SPAWNZZZZ.
    Also, did you get sonic oscillator weapon?
    Regarding this topic, what does the community think about starsword?
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Starsword.
    I just recently found out about it.
    I think it's useless. By the time you assemble it, the enemies you face are the ones you *don't* want to battle melee-range.
    #
    Romah 14 years ago
    Yeah laser shotty works great vs battledroids! Especially if I have a pet alien block the shots for me. He is almost unaffected while i get as close as I can and blast him with all i gots.

Huh what? Starsword?? *_* sonic oscillator?? O_O Do you mean warp drill gun?

My weapons of choice so far are:
    Laser shotty vs droids and turrets..
    Dual pistols vs fleshy things ^^..
    And laser fences are awesome to use n close quarters...
    If I want to be cheap, I use warpdrill gun.
    For armor, I use enhanced powered suit. (the one you make from environmental suit) It has 9 armor

Man, it makes me want more out of the game now!! hehe. Things like sniper rifle, stealth armor, tesla turrets, vehicles... Gah! I think Im about to get into modding! lol
    I like the idea of mining for resources then build with it. I think, if I ever do Ill make it in the future. About 10 years from wazzal 2. It will focus on colonization of notrium. Where keeping your colonists alive is just as important as your self... ^^
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    With Notrium's current approach to the AI, keeping someone but yourself alive is extra difficult task. The AI needs to be improved before adding such innovation into gameplay.

And yeah, what is clearly seen in Notrium is that ranged-melee imbalance that is seen in so many games. It is just how tactics work: if you shoot and they don't, you rule; if you shoot farther than they do, you rule. It's a great balance and ideological work to get melee and ranged things balanced. Quick-kill dire reapers, homing battledroid rockets and all-area snipers' range make melee characters dead meat, and thus, no sense.

My comments on laser shotties and rifles are: almost useless. Reason: you can cheaply kill turrets with laser pistol (attached impr. targeting beam). And my pet easily takes on BDs, I just carry tons of DR corpses for it to spawn new smaller ones and heal.

My use of inbuilt hover's pulse laser and carried turret gives me infinite ammo, lol. Imba is imba
    #
    Romah 14 years ago
    Alright... For the sake of feeling accomplished... How Do you build a starsword?
    Also, is there any other uses for metal tube aside from looking glass? From what I understood, looking glass does not combine with anything at all!
    Also, anything usefull possible with bio batteries?
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Just as energy source, I guess. The whole thing with bio-batteries through this "alien-eating" generator is there because of some tries to balance out android (who dies because of energy lack). However, with introduction of small power plants, regenerating (growing?) electric and healing plants, and armors that bestow a power increase, they are just anachronism (at least for me), so to say.

And just for the sake of feeling accomplished - Star Sword = Radiator + Force Field Generator.

"Romah" said:
    From what I understood, looking glass does not combine with anything at all!
    And that's the reason for me to whine about a sniper rifle. The reason I yet didn't make it for myself is that I, kind of, despise sniping.
    #
    Forum » The Ultimate Item Combining Thread (Mega Spoiler!)
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: