Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Project Deux

Project Deux

kyazr 17 years ago
bonjorno my fellow obsessors or people who like notrium enough to be reading this. i am ready for 2nd try at this and im looking for modding ideas, as far as im thinkin its just codename dues right now.(doo-ess) im just thinkin of what i liked about notrium, and what could i possibly do to improve upon that. right now im thinkin of just item galore thing, i just feel like making crazy things, no point to much really, but im thinking about possibly making metals or trophys of some sort, for doing certain things.(like combining a certain mess of materials) not sure, need more soda. but any suggestions would be appriciated, and just dont matter what its about ill add it to the madness
#
Anarion 17 years ago
Oh, When I read the title of the thread I thought you had decided to do a mod based on Deus Ex.
#
DarkAlienX 17 years ago
Me too, looks very simuler, i wish you did do one based on dues, dues doesnt work for me.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
[OT]
"DarkAlienX" said:
Me too, looks very simuler, i wish you did do one based on dues, dues doesnt work for me.
Note: "dues" is this mod's codename. "Deus Ex" is the RPG-ish FPS set in the future. [/OT]
#
MageKing17 17 years ago
"Anarion" said:
Oh, When I read the title of the thread I thought you had decided to do a mod based on Deus Ex.
Yes, that would be an awesome mod.

So, what exactly is your idea, Kyazr? Be more specific.
#
kyazr 17 years ago
ya i was thinkin about deus ex when i posted the topic, i had just beaten it earlier this year and remeberd how much fun it was with the freedom, even though through most of it it was liniar you got to choose how you did the objectives. im not exactly sure what my idea is yet, but i just know im gonna try to freedomize it, as in once a sticky item is aquired(such as tape) you can just tape 2 usefull things together to get some effect, a gun+toaster oven= heatgun! things like that, sorry if im not that spefic, i guess im just asking for ideas for anything.
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
If you're going to do a Deus Ex mod you might want to look at how the Alien's evolution was done. The main thing to see is that I used invisible items and that's how the game knew you were at a certain level. You can do the same thing but keep the items visible, just not droppable, to represent skills or such gained through mod upgrades.

One thing you seem to dislike about Deus Ex through your own admission is the linearity of it. You can of course change that in your mod by allowing the player to choose missions. I'd suggest keeping missions enclosed to maps of their own so you can carefully script them out while maintaining the open ended feel of the overall map. You could have several overland maps or cities where you could just do things like buy parts and guns. Look at how Wazzal 2 was done for inspiration.

Good luck with your mod, and maybe you might just get some help on this one.
#
MageKing17 17 years ago
"Quanrian" said:
One thing you seem to dislike about Deus Ex through your own admission is the linearity of it.
Which is odd, because they way they created an open-endedly linear game I thought was done quite well, and has it's own advantages over truly open-ended games (although, those advantages will disappear as technology progresses... it's already starting to happen with spore).

Although if you are intent on doing a Deus Ex mod, I agree with Quanrian that you might want to get some help on this one. The graphics might be easier than other mods... you could simply take screenshots of characters from above and remove the background... there are other problems with that, though.
#
kyazr 17 years ago
i apologize for the confusion, i didnt mean a deus ex mod, although cool though that may be, i dont currently have anywhere near the skills to make somethin like that yet. i meant the title meanin dues as the french word for two and extreeme because i was hyper at the time. so i renamed it,[OT but i did like the gameplay i just didnt like how you had to stay in 1 area at a time you couldnt go back if you forgot a weapon mod in an area /OT] but thans quin for the notes on the aliens abilitys i do like the level up system the alien had(and werivar). im not even sure what the story will be yet but i already thought up some endings so ill probably write this story backwards, but many times since this is an open ended game.
#
Forum » Project Deux

Your email:
Your name: