Register
Email: Password:
Forum » How would you rate notrium
  • « previous
  • » next
  • How would you rate notrium

speedblade 17 years ago
    Everyone has liked notrium a lot. So lets see overall how much people liked it and post here why you don't/do like about notrium.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    10/10. Few other games surpass it, and I only say that because I like old games. Very old games. Very old games that use the internal speaker a lot. I like internal speaker music.

I hate it when I change the topic. It makes people mad.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    8/10, for nice, fun gameplay, modifiability, and being freeware.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    9/10 for the reasons above me and coolness.
    ... Ye like internal speaker music?
    #
    Zanfib 17 years ago
    8\10 because the level design sucks.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    8/10 because someone else has to make a 3D version.
    #
    speedblade 17 years ago
    I rated it ten because its a great survival game with combining object for your survival and looks for parts and the great extension called werivar
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "speedblade" said:
    I rated it ten because its a great survival game with combining object for your survival and looks for parts and the great extension called werivar
    That means you'll rate to 11 after i finish the "Netary" mod
    #
    speedblade 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "speedblade" said:

I don't think anyone would have the will and the power to surpass werivar
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "speedblade" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "speedblade" said:

I don't think anyone would have the will and the power to surpass werivar
    My mod includes Werivar
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    That doesn't automatically make it better.
    #
    This is automatically dooming the thread.
    Current rating: 9.0833
    You're getting the average? I didn't see that.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    The current average is actually exactly 9, unless my math is wrong.

8*5 = 40
    9*3 = 27
    10*5 = 50

40+50 = 90

90+27 = 117

117/13 = 9
    #
    Actually, the average is nine out of ten, as in a fraction, but I'm sure you simply did not state that detail.
    #
    speedblade 17 years ago
    Bah I'll just delete this mesaage here.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Actually, the average is nine out of ten, as in a fraction, but I'm sure you simply did not state that detail.
    Actually, no, the average is 9. 10 is simply the maximum number of points you can vote, not the denominator of a fraction. If it were, 9.0833 would be highly incorrect.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    10/10 for it's great playability and replayability, and it's infinity minus one modding capabilities.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    I gave it a 7 out of 10. I'd say that's fair because even after we put in a whole lot of work there were still plenty of complaints, so there was still a lot of ground we just didn't cover. There was a whole lot more planned that didn't get in as well. I'm glad you all think so highly of the game. We did meet most of our goals however and even some that weren't going to get in like vehicles. Do not take this as negative however, I'm just highly critical.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    Overall, people are more critical about their own work than about other people's work. I gave it a 10/10 because I liked the game, the process towards patch 1.3, and the people who made it.
    #
    Bokasha 17 years ago
    10/10
    you ppl should be ashamed to even think about anything less that 9/10.
    #
    They're all entitled to their opinions. If you don't think yours is a bit too much, then that's your problem.
    #
    Bokasha 17 years ago
    Yeah i guess your right....
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Graphics: Great for a freeware but since it's a top down shooting game, there's not much to look at in when you want to look in First-Person View. Item graphics and animations are also excellent in aspect. 9/10

Sounds: The background sounds gives a unique feeling to the game. You can hear aliens walking, guns firing, and such seems realistic. However no built in MP3 player. 8/10

Gameplay: Hard to grasp at, but at least there's mods to make it more interesting. 9/10

Storyline: Your ship explodes and try to survive until you find a way to get out of here. Also there's some people known as VC but you don't even fully get to know them. Not a lot to it I should say. 7/10

Overall: Pretty interesting game for a freeware. Since it is moddable it makes it more interesting. 8/10
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    Not a lot to it I should say. 7/10
    If there wasn't a lot to it, why did you give it a 7/10? "Not a lot to it" sounds more like 4/10.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Notice that i rushed the stuff I wrote up there, usually i have lots of time to do that but since i knew my parents were going to come home soon, I decided since I started on it already, I might as make the whole thing.

Anyway for story, you're able to uncover more as you go. It's just that when you happen to cover them, there's not a lot to cover because there's not enough journal entries and a lot of other stuff in the game.

Actually thinking of what you said, I should lower the storyline to 6/10.

Overall is still the same people.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    Notice that i rushed the stuff I wrote up there, usually i have lots of time to do that but since i knew my parents were going to come home soon, I decided since I started on it already, I might as make the whole thing.

Anyway for story, you're able to uncover more as you go. It's just that when you happen to cover them, there's not a lot to cover because there's not enough journal entries and a lot of other stuff in the game.

The storyline was actually a combination of all four of the races, not just one of them. So unless you played them all and read all their entries (many of which offer a different perspective on the same event) you've only seen a fourth of the storyline. One of the races in fact tells you what happened to Notrium in the first place.
    #
    Aphiberg 17 years ago
    A perfect 10 it is the best game in existance it is easily moddable (to bad most of you modders quit shame on you) it is one of a kind it is Notrium it is OUR notrium it is our game where we kill small blue aliens or big brown aliens
    #
    bwansy 17 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    "Madgamer" said:

The storyline was actually a combination of all four of the races, not just one of them. So unless you played them all and read all their entries (many of which offer a different perspective on the same event) you've only seen a fourth of the storyline. One of the races in fact tells you what happened to Notrium in the first place.
    Besides the journals, the two endings with the planetoid (the psionic one and the human/android/alien one) are also pieces of this big puzzle, too.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    they know their talking about the storyline not how it ends

oh and btw, check the dates, last year 5 months ago...
    #
    bwansy 17 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    they know their talking about the storyline not how it ends
    I see... So the storyline doesn't include the background history of this planet and the characters, after all...
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    i mean playing each characters to their fullest extent, which includes the endings, but wutever, ur still thread mining
    #
    bwansy 17 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    ur still thread mining
    Sorry.
    #
    Hemebond 17 years ago
    Okay, I registered just to post in this thread so I'm going to do my best to be tactful in explaining my rating of 5/10.

First of all, I like this game. It has a great gameplay base. It's a game type (survival, scifi) I like; I'm still looking for a coop multiplayer version though. It's freeware, which is always great; if it wasn't I would be playing it. Having said all that, I do have reasons for my low rating.

UI
    This has got to be my biggest problem with Notrium. The user interface, the menus and especially the in-game GUI really need a complete rethink. They're clunky and unintuitive. They just don't work for me. Even the main menus don't work very well. I lost hours of gameplay because, dispite selecting a save-game slot and clicking save my game wasn't saved at all. I gave up playing Notrium after that.

Graphics
    I realise I can't expect great graphics from a freeware title, and I don't. I just feel that the current graphics... well I immediately think of a quick cut+paste job. Scales are wrong. There's no consistency. Much of the time I can't tell what's what.

Sound
    Well, there's not much to say here. Obviously I'm not expecting exceptional sound. I play with music off because I just find it annoying (in almost all games I play). The sounds are simple and do the job. Nothing really that creates a sense of immersion. It's just there.

Story
    The story is probably very cool. And from what I've read in these forums, also very involved. I haven't completed the game with any character (due to the save-game issue) so I don't know much about the story at all. I haven't taken it into account with my rating. Of course, I'm also assuming there's more story-telling than just those annoying log entry popups.

Gameplay
    This is the games appeal. This is why I installed it. Trying to survive on an alien planet, surrounded by horrible creatures. Assembling weapons and equipment from scraps and broken junk.

It's got a lot of potential though. Much more. You never really got to make the most of your surroundings. The world isn't really interactive. The item combinations are fairly simple and don't require an awful lot of thought. There's no tinkering with your new creation afterwards. Everything you do or make is just a quick temporary hack job to help you get somewhere or do something else.

Conclusion
    It's a fun little game that held my attention until the save-game debacle. It has a lot of potential and I hope to see more games build on this games ideas in future.

Hope this made sense. I tend to ramble and jump around a lot.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Are you sure you are playing the absolutely latest version (the one available on the main site) instead of some old one? 'Cos I myself haven't experienced the said savegame bug.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Hemebond" said:

It's got a lot of potential though. Much more. You never really got to make the most of your surroundings. The world isn't really interactive. The item combinations are fairly simple and don't require an awful lot of thought. There's no tinkering with your new creation afterwards. Everything you do or make is just a quick temporary hack job to help you get somewhere or do something else.

Try Weri... Weriva... OH FOR, the mod with the wolf as another character, that adds a lot new stuff to the game.
    #
    Forum » How would you rate notrium
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: