Register
Email: Password:
Forum » How would you rate notrium
  • « previous
  • » next
  • How would you rate notrium

Hemebond 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Are you sure you are playing the absolutely latest version (the one available on the main site) instead of some old one? 'Cos I myself haven't experienced the said savegame bug.
    Yes, I was using the latest version.
    "Pete" said:
    Try Weri... Weriva... OH FOR, the mod with the wolf as another character, that adds a lot new stuff to the game.
    Adding more stuff does not fix what's already there.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Oh... my... God. You beat the record for stupidity. You see, you've been forgetting to PRESS ENTER AND NAME YOUR SAVEGAME. XD

LOL
    #
    Hemebond 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Oh... my... God. You beat the record for stupidity. You see, you've been forgetting to PRESS ENTER AND NAME YOUR SAVEGAME. XD
    *sigh* Go away, the grown-ups are talking.

Did it prompt me for a new name? No.
    Did it blank out the name? No.
    Did it let me click the "save" button even though I, according to you, hadn't done enough to indicate I wanted to save my game? Yes it did.

I should be able to click a save-game entry and then click save.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    "Hemebond" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    *sigh* Go away, the grown-ups are talking.

Did it prompt me for a new name? No.
    Did it blank out the name? No.
    Did it let me click the "save" button even though I, according to you, hadn't done enough to indicate I wanted to save my game? Yes it did.

I should be able to click a save-game entry and then click save.
    somethings wrong wit u..... or the program itself..... cuz none of us have the any of the same problems.... tell us more details or post a shot of what the hell your talking about
    #
    Hemebond 17 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    somethings wrong wit u..... or the program itself..... cuz none of us have the any of the same problems.... tell us more details or post a shot of what the hell your talking about
    *sigh* Makes me wonder why I'm bothering.

[list][*]I click a save-game slot that has already been saved to[/*:m][*]I press the Save button[/*:m][*]Later on I try to load that save game only to find it hasn't changed since the initial save[/*:m][/list:u]
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "Hemebond" said:
    I press the Save button
    Press Enter instead.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    or click the slot again
    #
    Hemebond 17 years ago
    You've missed my point. I'm not here asking for help. But thank you anyway.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    I'm going to support him and say you've missed his point. The point is that a user interface should adapt to the user, not the other way around. If I expect something to work, it darn better work. This is about computers, and computers should do what they're told to do.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    That's right.
    And I think you should try putting a name to the save before pressing enter. You can just press Enter if there's a name already.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Don't make me have to install Notrium. I will not forgive you.

... No, seriously.
    #
    LunaticNeko 17 years ago
    Well, I wanted to make some serious analysis that.... by average, 8 is actually the average rating.

Statistical Analysis of Current Ratings for Notrium on monkkonen.net Notrium Forum

1\10  	0%   	[ 0 ]
    2\10 0% [ 0 ]
    3\10 0% [ 0 ]
    4\10 0% [ 0 ]
    5\10 2% [ 1 ]
    6\10 0% [ 0 ]
    7\10 2% [ 1 ]
    8\10 36% [ 13 ]
    9\10 16% [ 6 ]
    10\10 41% [ 15 ]

Median: 8.555556
    Mean: 8.888889
    Mode: 10
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    How can the median be 8.555556? That is just impossible if all numbers are integers. Here, the median is 9.

95%-confidence interval for mean, using the (not-quite-right) Welch t-test: (8.49449, 9.283287), with maximum likelihood for 80/9 of course.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    How can the median be 8.555556? That is just impossible if all numbers are integers. Here, the median is 9.
    The median can be a non-integer if there is an even number of elements.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    The median can be a non-integer if there is an even number of elements.
    Yes, but that's not what I claimed. I said it can never be 8.555556, not that it always has to be an integer.

Though, it kinda depends on how you define median. Also, I'm not too sure what happens when you have an infinite amount of numbers, but I don't think the median is well defined in that case.
    #
    D0M0 16 years ago
    10/10 This game is THE ONLY game that brought me back to playing 2D games. Great work.
    #
    Quanrian 16 years ago
    "D0M0" said:
    10/10 This game is THE ONLY game that brought me back to playing 2D games. Great work.

We appreciate the compliment and hope you'll check out the game we're working on, Cormoon .
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    To be honest, I think Notrium can actually be called a 3D game. Sure, it's rendered in 2D, but it still DOES have depth, does it not?

Yeah, yeah, stretching the meanings of words and all that. I can't help it.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    To be honest, I think Notrium can actually be called a 3D game. Sure, it's rendered in 3D, but it still DOES have depth, does it not?

2D.

Hehe, payback.
    #
    D0M0 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    To be honest, I think Notrium can actually be called a 3D game. Sure, it's rendered in 2D, but it still DOES have depth, does it not?

It does have depth, but hey, RED ALERT is also a 2D game.(offtopic, sry)
    #
    Binky 16 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    Graphics: Great for a freeware but since it's a top down shooting game, there's not much to look at in when you want to look in First-Person View.
    Er... What???
    #
    D0M0 16 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    "D0M0" said:

We appreciate the compliment and hope you'll check out the game we're working on, Cormoon .

Just say when it's done
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Binky" said:
    "Madgamer" said:
    Graphics: Great for a freeware but since it's a top down shooting game, there's not much to look at in when you want to look in First-Person View.
    Er... What???
    First Person View! Like in, your view is exactly the same as the character.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "Binky" said:
    "Madgamer" said:
    Er... What???
    And how the hell does that make any sence in NOTRIUM?
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "Binky" said:
    "Madgamer" said:
    Er... What???
    Ask Madgamer about it.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "Pete" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "Binky" said:
    "Madgamer" said:
    Er... What???
    Ask Madgamer about it.

If you do realise that we all know what FPV is and that Madgamers comment was weird, why did you replied like that to Binky when he clearly meant the weird-ity of FPV in Notrium?
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    Is this so hard?

"The graphics are great for a freeware title. Since it's a top-down shooting game, there's not much to see if you want to play in first-person view."
    #
    Binky 16 years ago
    Yeah, theres a good chance that EVERYONE on this forum knows what FPV is! And... to the MadGamer person, what about FPV??
    #
    ahrenjb 16 years ago
    Maybe only being able to see in a cone out in front of your character would qualify. Like an all seeing always on flashlight.
    #
    Bloodlust 16 years ago
    7/10
    Although the game play is great i just don't have the patience for it *sigh*
    #
    FREAK 16 years ago
    I gave it an 8/10.

And sorry for the bump.

Well 8/10 only cuz...

-Although being extremely well done it isn't polished to perfection.
    -Indoor areas are very frustrating. (read above)
    -The journal entry navigation system is annoying to navigate through.
    -Survival elements realistic and add to gameplay but a bit to dramatic.
    -Allies of yours can be a pain especially in places with lava. (Hive)
    -Always annoying when you have a turret placed but need parts from it but it needs to be destroyed.
    -Like above except the oppisite. Repair units should be workable on already deployed units instead of those being in your inventory.

Thats about it!
    #
    michael15286 15 years ago
    I rated it 8/10
    It's just such an awesome game with lots of ideas, OK graphics and as a bonus, it's free!
    I was there when it began (though not on this account), and saw how great and helpful the community was.
    The community counts for some points, and it has many mods, all of which are fun and interesting, though most not complete.
    Now I want to change my vote to 9/10...
    #
    Bones 15 years ago
    Old topic, dude.
    #
    MindFreak 15 years ago
    I give it an 8/10... Because its so damn hard to find a gun to start with! But everything else is just peachy.
    #
    Starioshka 14 years ago
    ughhh...
    nine! but there is much better game sry
    it is named wurm online it is still beta but you can do so cool things....
    like dig ground take dirt and build island or make a tunnnel or a house it's rpgfps multiplayer!!! you also can make a farm an a animal some cows and milk them! make a fence. watch at sun believe in god beware of law or be stealer make ana weel or a lake with a showel. it's just super matrix cool!
    #
    Forum » How would you rate notrium
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: