Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The 3D World comic!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The 3D World comic!

E_net4 17 years ago
    Merry Christmas! Here's a gift for you all... the 5th comic!

Edit: By the way, who wants it to be translated to your language? Just go to the folder(here) and check the latest post.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    I haven't seen any comments, you know.
    Post, please.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    About what? Did you release a new--

Oh, I think you did. Our bads. *looks*

[edit] Nice. So the square only has eight points? You must have done some advanced shading to keep the polygons from looking weird.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    About what? Did you release a new--

Oh, I think you did. Our bads. *looks*

[edit] Nice. So the square only has eight points? You must have done some advanced shading to keep the polygons from looking weird.
    huh, square?
    And what 8 points? Cube has only 8 points, that's right, so what?
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    Cube has only 8 points, that's right, so what?
    "I" said:
    You must have done some advanced shading to keep the polygons from looking weird.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    8 points, as in "corners". The number of lines is an altogether different thing, Anonymous.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    K, now I must think of the next script, so it gets funnier than the last one.
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    The last one wasn't funny. None of them are funny.

AND WHAT THE HELL IS A "STOOPID NEY"?!!

Just because you hate it:
    im b vry smatr @ tipin nd teh engrish
    edaurdo b vry nt vry smatr @ tipin nd teh engrish
    EADUaR(ODO muahahahahahah

Damnit, I was looking for that "I look upon your attempt to be funny, and deem it failed" quote... AMEN TO THAT.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Zephyr" said:
    "E_net4" said:

Damnit, I was looking for that "I look upon your attempt to be funny, and deem it failed" quote... AMEN TO THAT.
    BLOODY BURN!
    CHECK THE 2ND COMIC AND DON'T DO IT AGAIN!
    *KICKS*
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    There will allways be people who don't like your work, E_net. And you behaving like that won't make them stop. Try improving your work.
    #
    Here's a tip: rewrite the text in English instead of using cheap translators. Or at least that's what it looks like...
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    How exactly could a translator work with a PICTURE?
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "Zephyr" said:
    "E_net4" said:

BLOODY BURN!
    CHECK THE 2ND COMIC AND DON'T DO IT AGAIN!
    *KICKS*
    *burns bloodily*
    *spits on the second comic*
    *is kicked*

Happy, you unfunny psycho?
    #
    "Pete" said:
    How exactly could a translator work with a PICTURE?
    Did you know that good designers always do it on paper first?

... Yes, I did intend for you to be able to figure it out from just that.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Here's a tip: rewrite the text in English instead of using cheap translators. Or at least that's what it looks like...
    I don't use any translators, I hate those beasts!
    And I always make the english version first in fact.

I don't see any problem about the comic's English, so quote something that is not right.
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I don't use any translators, I hate those beasts!
    And I always make the english version first in fact.

I don't see any problem about the comic's English, so quote something that is not right.
    Gladly!
    Welcome to the 3D world. This world was created by an unknown source of energy, which has been converted to a materialized 3D enviorment.
    Recognize that much? Well:

"Welcome to 3D world. This world was created by an unknown source of energy, which was converted into a 3D enviorment."

I know what you meant by including "Materialized", but isn't that what a 3D enviorment is?
    The world's lifeforms have been created the same way. Here's sphere, our main character of this comic.
    Okay, this is in present tense. Forgivable. Sort of.

"The world's lifeforms were created the same way. Here's Sphere, the comic's main character."

... And you shouldn't have broken the fourth wall by writing "Comic", but I'm just checking grammar.
    This place is the desert, the largest area in the 3D world. Right on it's center there's the world most famous building: the Arena.
    Nice.

"This place is a desert. It's the largest area in the world. Right in it's center is the word's most famous building: the Arena."
    Spheres are not the only kind of creature in here. There is a huge variety of geometrical or non-geometrical life-forms, such as the octahedron.
    Uhh...

"Spheres aren't the only kind of creature in this world. There's a huge variety of geometrical/non-geometrical lifeforms, like the Octahedron."

... And that's just the first three slides of the first comic.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Also remember that "it's" = it is/has, whereas "its" = genetive of "it".
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    No, it's not over yet!
    6th release is up.
    #
    First of all, I don't get the part with the pixels, and second of all, your grammar still sucks even though it took you a few months to release #6.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    The comic is still as boring as it is misspelled.
    #
    Zombie 17 years ago
    Sorry to bring up the old, but I am an English major and just like to flex my editorial muscle sometimes. Anonymous is wrong on some of his corrections. Let's take a look, shall we?

"Anonymous1157" said:
    Welcome to the 3D world. This world was created by an unknown source of energy, which has been converted to a materialized 3D enviorment.
    Recognize that much? Well:

"Welcome to 3D world. This world was created by an unknown source of energy, which was converted into a 3D enviorment."

I know what you meant by including "Materialized", but isn't that what a 3D enviorment is?

This one is mostly correct, but he should have also noted the spelling. If you are going to correct someone's English, you pretty much have to correct it all. That mistake of not correcting that spelling error cost you valuable credibility.

Also, you removed "the" which was unnecessary and incorrect. It makes the sentence improper.

This should be correct: "Welcome to the 3D world. This world was created by an unknown source of energy, which was converted into a 3D environment."

"Anonymous1157" said:
    The world's lifeforms have been created the same way. Here's sphere, our main character of this comic.
    Okay, this is in present tense. Forgivable. Sort of.

"The world's lifeforms were created the same way. Here's Sphere, the comic's main character."

... And you shouldn't have broken the fourth wall by writing "Comic", but I'm just checking grammar.

Here Anon is very astute in your use of tense. The lifeforms were created in the past, not in the present, so their creation needs to be referred to in past tense.

Also, breaking the fourth wall is optional. If it's the style of your comic, then it's proper. If it is unintentional then it can break the flow of your comic.

"Anonymous1157" said:
    This place is the desert, the largest area in the 3D world. Right on it's center there's the world most famous building: the Arena.
    Nice.

"This place is a desert. It's the largest area in the world. Right in it's center is the word's most famous building: the Arena."

In this case "the desert" and "a desert" both might appear incorrect, but "the desert" is likely the most prudent choice if it is the only desert. Then it is, indeed, the desert of the world. Using "a desert" implies that the reader cannot figure that out themselves through the scenery. If they cannot then this is, indeed, a proper usage. Otherwise it is improper as it breaks the informative tone by becoming condescending.

"Anonymous1157" said:
    Spheres are not the only kind of creature in here. There is a huge variety of geometrical or non-geometrical life-forms, such as the octahedron.
    Uhh...

"Spheres aren't the only kind of creature in this world. There's a huge variety of geometrical/non-geometrical lifeforms, like the Octahedron."

I just wonder why Anon though this needed correction. It was one of the well written sentences, except for a few minor errors. The "or" between geometrical and non-geometrical should be "and. That's it. The contractions are unnecessary and, honestly, contraction use is not good grammar. I know, I use contractions. I do try to stop myself when I notice, though.

Anon was right in some cases but, as you can see, he was mistaken in others. It is alright, though, as English is one of the most confusing languages. We have eighteen exceptions for every rule. Argh.
    #
    Wow. I love you, Zombie.

NOT THAT WAY!

I thought that last one needed correction because I personally don't talk OR write like that, unless I happen to be very frustrated, in which case I'd be more likely to misspell things. At the time, I didn't know much about when and when not to use contractions, and I'm surprised that it took until halfway through 8th grade for me to hear anything on the subject at all. You do have to admit, however, that the "In" in the first sentence shouldn't be there unless this is a pocket universe or something.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Tssphmunph. <---Recently Invented

The pixel idea is that they DON'T have and DON'T like pixels!
    However, I hope the Ney's will show up to remove the boring stuff.
    Until then, suggestions, please.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Anything displayed with a computer has pixels.

Ergo, your statement makes no sense.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Anything displayed with a computer has pixels.

Ergo, your statement makes no sense.
    It does have sense.
    The 3D world is not in a computer or "Cyber-Space". In fact, it's in 2 places at a time.

And the comic has pixels, because there was no other way to render them. (They felt a bit mad about it ).
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    What is wrong with you people? When did grammar and spelling errors become an obstacle? Why do you allways have to act like a bunch of grammar nazis?
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    What is wrong with you people? When did grammar and spelling errors become an obstacle? Why do you allways have to act like a bunch of grammar nazis?
    Now, as you said it, I agree.
    I don't want you to talk about grammar all the time!
    Nuff Said <---I got it into my mind.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    Grammar and spelling errors don't really matter IF the rest of the comic is at least somewhat interesting, which, unfortunately, E's 3D World comic is not.

Also, do note that this is just my opinion of the matter at hand.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Mmm. When he explained the pixel stuff and the inhabitants hating pixels and all, it seems actually a pretty good idea. But it isn't clear from his comic alone what the idea is, and that makes that particular joke a bit strange and non-funny when you read the comic.

Though, do continue. The setting is good, your ideas are fine. You'll improve.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Thanks.
    Now I hope I'll get a good script in the next few weeks.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Bump!
    Here's the 7th!
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Well, you are improving. Kind of predictable, but not bad.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    Amarth has a point. You made far fewer spelling mistakes this time, and the joke was almost funny. Almost. As in, I still didn't get the "Ow, pixels" thing you've been using lately.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    @Anon: I think it's kinda like "Oh, fiddlesticks".

And I agree with Anon in the topic of "funniness of joke".
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Yes, but that'll just come in naturally... like pizza.
    Also, this sounds stupid, but until now I never used anti-aliasing. I actually made some huge renders, then I stretched them. The frames #s 6,7 and 8 are anti-aliased, the others are not. It's not much of a difference, though.

Time to work onthe other script! ...Is it?
    #
    Forum » The 3D World comic!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: