Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Alpha mod

Alpha mod

LavaBurn 17 years ago
The name of the mod is Alpha and is a Doom-like episode of the Doom games,Demons take over the Alpha base that is build on Mars and its up to you(And your followers)To clean the base from Demons.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/123621/Alpha.zip">http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/123621/Alpha.zip</a><!-- m -->

New features
-3 New enemie's that are Machine gun Zombie's,Delta team and Sayan(LOL Yeah,I decided to make some dragonball rip-off and they will have a story to them aswell.)
-New levels
-Machine gun and flashlight
#
Anarion 17 years ago
Another mod based on Doom? Popular subject.
#
harwe 17 years ago
dont go crazy on the map changes, ID the places and choices clearly, unlike the other one.... its good too
#
LavaBurn 17 years ago
New beta avaliable,Download is at first post.
#
harwe 17 years ago
gj wit it, and plz put the i button back lol
its smooth playing, but im starting to see a couple of doors...
im not sure if i had gotten there yet, but a flashlight
#
ModSlayer 17 years ago
"harwe" said:

Understand not you I...
Translation: I dont understand you...[/size]
#
LavaBurn 17 years ago
"harwe" said:

Well,I added a flashlight tough if its not there then in the next beta it is added.
#
Redemption 17 years ago
It's pretty good.

The rifle is a little too weak though, it can't kill things fast enough.
The Sayan is annoying, it just takes too much killing to put down.

Graphics were good, but make sure you use squares so they don't get squished.
#
LavaBurn 17 years ago
"Redemption" said:
Graphics were good, but make sure you use squares so they don't get squished.

Do you know of a graphic tut or something for Notrium?
That would help me fix those graphic/sprite errors.
#
Redemption 17 years ago
tut? What do you mean?

Just change the image height so it's equal to it's width.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
"Redemption" said:
tut? What do you mean?
I'm fairly sure he meant "tutorial".
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
I'm going to install this thing and play it as soon as I have the chance to.

Get ready for barrage of suggestions and criticism
#
LavaBurn 17 years ago
"Redemption" said:
The Sayan is annoying, it just takes too much killing to put down.

I got an idea what to do with those,I'l remove them and add them in the final levels since you'l have alot of weapons and strong ones later.

P.S:This mod is currently on hold(Paused)I am currently working on making levels/chars for SRB2,Ofcourse I'l return to this mod whenever I want tough So to say the least,It's not stopped and I won't stop working on it tough.
#
Redemption 17 years ago
Maybe you could have the Sayans as really annoying bosses throughout the beginning then bring them back when the player has a good enough arsenal to take em out easily, making the player feel happy at their awesomeness.

You know, my mod is on hold to be delayed. I posted the announcment that it was delayed a fair while ago, my Mum's moving houses and we might get rid of this computer and get a new one as we move. We still haven't moved yet (Still house hunting) so progress hasn't been delayed yet. Anywho, don't forget to write down what your working on before you stop, you'll save a lot of time that way.
#
LavaBurn 17 years ago
"Redemption" said:
Maybe you could have the Sayans as really annoying bosses throughout the beginning then bring them back when the player has a good enough arsenal to take em out easily, making the player feel happy at their awesomeness.

Well I will put the Sayan's as how ID Software putted the Pinky demons in Doom 3,I mean they're rare and I'l put 1 where you're not expecting it to be or accessing by a trigger(Like theres a cool item/pickup and you go take it(Imaginably something usefull)And triggers a door to open to a Sayan,Similiar to Doom 3's Pinky demon appearance.)
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
I got to play for about 10 minutes when I dared to with my parents in the house

First Rifle is too weak and a bit slow. When you shoot sometimes the bullet is "staying" in the screen for quite a while.

It's a bit hard to see and since I didn't get to play enough I didn't find the "flashlight" you're talking about. I had to squint my eyes on some places without it.

Your allies are really weak. 1 demon can take on 2 of them one at a time. I think they should have near the same health (about 70) as your main character does.

Graphics on weapons are horrible. Better get new ones =_=

Not a lot of ammos. You'll easily run out of ammos in a large fight and if you don't hit 100% (read) at a time on enemies, you're practically screwed on later ones.

No melee weapons?! I mean punch is useful but NONE?!

Unless you can run around in circles and hit perfect everytime without getting hit in return, it's a bit too hard on most people.

Touch lava = instant death. Can't you just linger on it for a while like taking 10 damage just by standing on it?

Sayan team should be renamed to "Teh Pie" team methinks.

So far it's horrible (99% true on most mods that come out the first time) and no storyline. Hopefully it'll make more sense on the story and make new weapons such as PUNCH for the character.
#
Forum » Alpha mod

Your email:
Your name: