Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Hows Driftmoon's Progress?

Hows Driftmoon's Progress?

Death Knight 12 years ago
I thought i'd check up on the bg2/reminiscent while i am eager with Avernum-Escape from the Pit. How is the next patch going? Are there still testing needed in any areas that we can all help with?

Im very eager as magebane 2 is on my list of games to finish, along with driftmoon when its finished
#
ville 12 years ago
Right now we're testing and balancing for the next alpha. I haven't had a real playthrough for a few months, and I'm really enjoying the new changes to our story - the starting areas make much more sense, with the different quests fitting nicely with the main story.

Balancing combat is very difficult, as it will probably need a few more playthroughs of the whole game to get just right - and even then I won't know how difficult it will be for the players who don't know just about everything about the game. My strategy is currently to play the game on the hard setting, and tune that to fit my own abilities.

When the balancing work is ready, we're ready to release the next alpha! When it's out, all help testing the game is very welcome, as there are bound to be many things we're blind to.

Edited 12 years ago
#
Its been a little while and i still think of this game. Hows it going? Are you still working on the same things that you talk about on your blog?
#
ville 12 years ago
Right now we're hard at work with beta-testing everything in the next alpha, and balancing the difficulty levels. The play-through has surprised me so far: It's been much more fun, than I though it would be - I've actually enjoyed playing even though most content is naturally very familiar to me (except for some of the dialogues, written by Anne). Of course I have to do a lot of fine-tuning while I play, but nonetheless, I've had fun while doing it.

Balancing is not easy, but we're both very happy with the changes we've made since alpha 6. I hope we get the fine-tuning finished soon, so that we can give you all a go at the new Driftmoon!
#
MageKing17 12 years ago
ville said:
Right now we're hard at work with beta-testing everything in the next alpha
Don't they call that "alpha-testing"?
#
Anne 12 years ago
MageKing17 said:
ville said:
Right now we're hard at work with beta-testing everything in the next alpha
Don't they call that "alpha-testing"?

Why yes, they might just do that. Driftmoon must be so far along in the dev, that, in our thoughts, we're almost at the beta-stage already. That doesn't sound bad, does it?

I'm getting really anxious to give you all the next alpha already... Now let's just hope our gamma-testing goes smoothly.
#
Ville was talking about the testing of the game but he said to check back in a few days. Was he going to upload the new testing feature as an image?
#
Anne 12 years ago
You'll see soon! It's quite possible that he was hinting at something bigger than that, though. Mysterious, huh?
#
Pete 12 years ago
It is a myyyyysteryyyyy...

Im placing my bet on a prerelease because I seem to like having my hopes crushed.
#
Anne 12 years ago
You'll just have to hold on to your horses (or ponies, as it were), because the mystery will not be revealed today. Haha. Thought I'd reveal more in the tiny font, didn't you? Later.
#
Anne 12 years ago
NOW is THE TIME, to check our blog. Go already! And have fun.
#
Forum » Hows Driftmoon's Progress?

Your email:
Your name: