Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 2 - The Village strikes back
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 2 - The Village strikes back

Zephyr 17 years ago
    At another forum I play WW on, Day normally lasts for 23 hours and 30 minutes, and Night 30 minutes. But that's on a much larger scale. Like, thirty odd players. One day less can't hurt, can it? I've been waiting for like 5 days for this game to start, because I died in another game on the forum I previously mentioned. Then when the game here finally starts, it's so slowly paced that a lot of the time you aren't doing anything but waiting. Well, at least I am.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    I think that's too short for this game. These guys actually like to use futuristic strategies that involve getting to know the other players, which requires time. They could problably do it in three days, but not 23:30.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    You cannot expect two werewolves to be online in a specified 30 minutes. It could very well be 0500-0530 at your timezone. I find a week for a day a good timescale. If it seems slow, it's because people are not talking enough and remaining silent for multiple days. Anyway, get a life .

No more postponing it, we're definitely starting next week. I think Wednesday or something, but there's a load of things moving around in my schedule for the next few days.

[OT]What's the name for the thing we call an 'agenda' in Dutch, anyway? The thing in which you write all your appointments and important events etc. I'm too lazy to grab a dictionary.[/OT]
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    So this starts along with the school. Well, I guess with every good thing there must be a bad one.
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    I suggest instead of those OPT roles or whaterver it was that was suggested on page sixteen, that we introduce two roles into our game. Those of the Vigilante, and the Aer. (Not sure if I spelled Aer right )

Anyways, the Vigilante is allowed to decide upon one person, and then execute said person. This is a one time only power, and may only be used during a day. The villagers do not witness this. They learn of it when" "Such and such" stumbles upon ____ pinioned to

a tree by a giant spear.

Or some other such thing.

The Aer gains the special ability of the first non-normal person to die. i.e. if a Werewolf is the first one to die... Well, you have just earned yourself another werewolf. On the other hand, if the wolves get the Seer early on, the village still has a way to identify what people are.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    This Aer thingy sounds interesting. Not sure about the origins of the name, so I don't know the spelling, sorry. Wikipedia speaks about Aer, saying that it means 'the air' in Greek, or thus 'the thing that mortals breathe', in contrast to aether, 'the thing that the gods breathe'. Not really relevant, I think. AER is also a skyscraper, which is even less relevant. I'll change the names a bit for the next game anyway, so it doesn't matter too much. It does sound like an interesting role. Need to think about it a bit.

I was already thinking about the Vigilante role (think I named it different), but then people came up with the Crazy War Veteran. Not too sure, they're somewhat alike, but not fully: one is pre-death, the other post-death, which is a mayor difference. I don't think it's going to do us much good to have them both, though.

I'll decide upon it when my mind clears up.
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    You cannot expect two werewolves to be online in a specified 30 minutes. It could very well be 0500-0530 at your timezone.
    Yeah, that was only an example.

"Amarth" said:
    Anyway, get a life .
    NEVAR.

"Amarth" said:
    No more postponing it, we're definitely starting next week. I think Wednesday or something, but there's a load of things moving around in my schedule for the next few days.
    Thank God.

"Shingo" said:
    I suggest instead of those OPT roles or whaterver it was that was suggested on page sixteen, that we introduce two roles into our game. Those of the Vigilante, and the Aer. (Not sure if I spelled Aer right )
    You mean One Man Team. And we've already decided on Crazy Army Veteran or whatever, so maybe only one of the two you've suggested should be a role.

"Shingo" said:
    Anyways, the Vigilante is allowed to decide upon one person, and then execute said person. This is a one time only power, and may only be used during a day. The villagers do not witness this. They learn of it when" "Such and such" stumbles upon ____ pinioned to

a tree by a giant spear.

Or some other such thing.
    The traditional Vigilante role works like this: At Night, the Vigilante sends in a list of people, for this game, probably about 3 people, and the person closest to the top of the list who is still alive after the Werewolves kill is chosen to be taken out by the Vigi. Normally, they can kill once every night, but for such a small game like this, it should be limited to maybe 1 or 2 kills max.

"Shingo" said:
    The Aer gains the special ability of the first non-normal person to die. i.e. if a Werewolf is the first one to die... Well, you have just earned yourself another werewolf. On the other hand, if the wolves get the Seer early on, the village still has a way to identify what people are.
    That sounds good, too.

I reckon that if the innocents got a Vigi, then it would be unbalanced, and the Villagers would certainly win. So maybe the "Aer" role would be a better choice. After all, it could benefit both Wolves and Villagers.
    #
    Fnukk 17 years ago
    Hi. I wanna join in on a werewolf game, is it to late to sign up or
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    [OT]What's the name for the thing we call an 'agenda' in Dutch, anyway? The thing in which you write all your appointments and important events etc. I'm too lazy to grab a dictionary.[/OT]

That would be a diary.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Fnukk" said:
    Don't think it's too late, the next game starts next week.
    #
    "Idiota" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    That would be a diary.
    You write about your life in the past or present in a diary. You use agendas to plan the future. I don't know where he got that "Agenda" is a Dutch word, anyways. It's English, although it might have roots in whatever it was that the Dutch speak.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    "Fnukk" said:
    Well, no, it's not too late, but... This is you first post on the forum. I find that to be kind of strange. That account could as well be a sock puppet of one of the other members as far as I know. Introductions? How did you get here and why do you want to play?

I'm not sure about the balance effects, but I'm going to include the Aer. It'll certainly make the game more interesting, as this means that one special role is kept in the game a bit longer, and it's the special roles that make it interesting. However, it makes the gameplay a bit more unstable in my opinion. It could go both ways. Anyway, try and evaluate we shall.

I've got some ideas about the number of people playing and the balance of the game. Before I pick the roles, I'll need to know how many people are playing, so I'm still waiting a bit. Current roles of which I'll pick one (all aligned with Villagers, all somewhat alike but not fully):
    Suicide Bomber - can kill someone during the day, but dies too.
    Crazy War Veteran - can kill someone if he gets lynched
    Vigilante 1 - can kill a person (only 1 in the entire game) during the day
    Vigilante 2 - same thing, but at night.

It's clear that, for example, the Vigilante is a stronger role than the Suicide Bomber, so I need to think about the balance a bit. The Aer and Cupid can disturb the balance quite a bit, though.

[OT]
    "Idiota" said:
    That would be a diary.
    Ah, yes, thanks. I suppose I knew that.

[EDIT]
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "Idiota" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    That would be a diary.
    You write about your life in the past or present in a diary. You use agendas to plan the future. I don't know where he got that "Agenda" is a Dutch word, anyways. It's English, although it might have roots in whatever it was that the Dutch speak.
    Oh dear . I thought an agenda was something a political party has, as in the things they want to change. But it's good English if I say that things are shuffling around in my agenda?
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    It is also said "Agenda" in portuguese
    Anyway, the Vigilante kills a guy and that's it? He's on the Villager side or the werewolf side?
    "Murska" said:
    So this starts along with the school.
    The same to me
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Anyway, the Vigilante kills a guy and that's it? He's on the Villager side or the werewolf side?
    Mainly on the Villager's side, unless the Cupid is in the next game and makes a 'wolf and the Vigilante fall in love.
    #
    Fnukk 17 years ago
    How...How dare you call me a socket puppy? (or whatever you said.)

NO, I AM AN HONORABLE MEMBER OF THIS GREAT FORUM!
    I've been looking around the net for a good game of mafia\Werewolves, And now I've found it.
    There was ligth in the end of the tunnel, at last I could get a game of wolves, and then... And then!! this.. *sob* this *pointing to post* THIS! happened!
    Now please let me join? Please? I promise, I'll be a good villager, yes I'll be an extraordinary good villager. And my grammar is good too! Please?
    #
    He called you a sock puppet. It just means that you're a normal member disguised as another.

... And don't screw with smilies. That just makes us all the more suspicious.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Awww, poor socket puppy . I suppose he can join us, don't see too much of a problem in it. That makes 13 players... Bad luck, but for whom?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Awww, poor socket puppy . I suppose he can join us, don't see too much of a problem in it. That makes 13 players... Bad luck, but for whom?
    The sock puppet.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    The sock puppet.
    Let's just leave the puppet, okay

13 can only be divided by 13 and 1.
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    The sock puppet.

... He's a socket puppy.

13 is considered a symbol of bad luck to some. That's why they say that something goes wrong on Friday the 13's, although my day tends to get better on those days.
    #
    Fnukk 17 years ago
    the screwing with smiles where supposed to be a post-humorous thing.

But seriously I'm not a socket puppy, It's not my fault that the first thing I did in this forum is to play werewolves is it?

And I have no errors in my writing, that should rise my credibility some?

About 13, Apollo 13 went unlucky remember? (scaaaary!)
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Fnukk" said:
    the screwing with smiles where supposed to be a post-humorous thing.

But seriously I'm not a socket puppy, It's not my fault that the first thing I did in this forum is to play werewolves is it?

Your grammar IS rather good, but you might work a bit on your punctuation.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    The sock puppet.
    ... He's a socket puppy.
    13 is considered a symbol of bad luck to some. That's why they say that something goes wrong on Friday the 13's, although my day tends to get better on those days.
    That legend comes from... oh, the Templarians(not sure of the word), I guess. They were bankers, in Europe.
    They were arrested in 13th October of 1307, because the King Filipe IV had owed them too much.
    But let me tell ya something. That day has never existed!
    In 5th October, the Julian Calendar was changed to 10 days ahead, as in, the Gregorian Calendar. That means the real bad luck day is: Sunday 22th!
    Ok, this was a bit offtopic, I'm sorry

You're not even an ant, you know.
    #
    Don't fight with The Socket Puppy. He can play, and even then, he still has a week to change his mind.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Don't fight with The Socket Puppy. He can play, and even then, he still has a week to change his mind.
    Huh, it's in 9 days or 2 days?
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Huh, it's in 9 days or 2 days?
    It's supposed to start next Wednesday. That implies that the first day will be a half-day, and that the time until that is T- 7d 6:00:00.00 GMT.

Good luck, players. And I say again: E, stop being a player hater. Heh, I made a gangster joke.
    #
    Fnukk 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:

What you mean change my mind? I'm gonna play, if you like or not. I've been looking for a good play of werewolves for... 2 days.

Why does everybody hate me, just because I'm the new guy?

Anyway I've made my MS paint pic of the legendary Fnukk.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q306/Fnukk/">http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q306/Fnukk/</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Fnukk" said:
    Why does everybody hate me, just because I'm the new guy?

Anyway I've made my MS paint pic of the legendary Fnukk.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q306/Fnukk/">http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q306/Fnukk/</a><!-- m -->
    1) We here are a bit suspicious of newcomers.

2) The link takes me to a login screen. Please post a link to an album view or something.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Please keep the Fnukkyness (the picture thingy) out of this thread. You've already got a personal thread at the Intelligent Conversation board.

And sure you can play . Don't mind those other members, they don't bite too hard.

The game should start in 2-something days, with the night of course. I think that's what Anony tries to say.

That legend comes from... oh, the Templarians(not sure of the word), I guess. They were bankers, in Europe.
    Nope. 13 is a number of bad luck because there were 13 people at the Last Supper. Number 13 is thus associated with Judas' betrayal and the death of Jesus. Combine that with a Friday (the day Jesus was crucified), and it's supposed to be very unlucky, right? And I suppose you're talking about the Templars, though I'm not sure.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Ok, I'm back. Let's get this game rolling!
    #
    "Amarth" said:
    The game should start in 2-something days, with the night of course. I think that's what Anony tries to say.
    No, I thought it was in nine days. My bad.

Now STOP SPAMMING! Thank you.
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Nope. 13 is a number of bad luck because there were 13 people at the Last Supper. Number 13 is thus associated with Judas' betrayal and the death of Jesus. Combine that with a Friday (the day Jesus was crucified), and it's supposed to be very unlucky, right?
    Who the hell didn't know that? And Fnukk reminds me of the F-vowel-C-K word. Heh. The Fuck Puppet.

I reckon that Cupid + Crazy War Veteran + Guardian Angel + Aer (please someone give that a better name) + Seer + Mayor = Awesomeness. Only 5 people can say that they didn't have a good role.
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    In terms of the Vigilante role, I think it would be an interesting "Yin" to the "Yang" of the Crazy War Veteran. But only insofar as the Vigilante is as I described. I think that the ability of a vigilante to kill numerous times would completely destroy the balance of the game. However, the final decision is up to Amarth, and I shall respect his decision that and any other matters.

As for the name "Aer" I don't really see what's so bad about it. If we absolutely "must" come up with another name of it, I'd like to be the one allowed to do that.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Oh dear . I thought an agenda was something a political party has, as in the things they want to change. But it's good English if I say that things are shuffling around in my agenda?
    Actually, those aren't two different meanings of one word... they're the same meaning. It doesn't refer to the things that political party wants to change, it just means that the political party has changing those things on their agenda.

Wednesday? Oh dear. Well, I suppose I'll be here to check it.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    What does the Mayor exactly do again?
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 2 - The Village strikes back
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: