Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Happy new year to everyone!

Happy new year to everyone!

Anonymous1157 12 years ago
I figured I might as well be the one to post this, what with it being the eve thereof. So...

Happy new year.

Any thoughts or reflections about this year before we move on to the next? I started college this year, and I truly had fun learning stuff for once in my life. (Except for that one massive report due two days after it was assigned. Didn't even finish it after hardly getting any sleep but I still got a good grade.)

... And I'm not even going to ask about new year's resolutions, because we all know we break them within a week.
#
Narvius 12 years ago
Yay. I started college, too. We had to write a 20-page essay on copyright, was neat. I don't think ANYONE actually wrote it themselves. But true, suddenly there are actually INTERESTING things. Mostly mathematical, though, as the programming-related things are trivial for me.

I learned a lot actually, even excluding all that college stuff. Also, I started learning japanese, and the first thing I'm doing after exam session (which lasts most of january), I'm getting myself an electrical drum kit (electrical, 'cause otherwise my neighbours would grant me a swift death).

Moving away from home was probably one of my biggest changes in life, ever. I even have a job already, and I pay my rent myself (though I don't really need to...) I'm pretty happy with this old year. Been good times. Mostly.

Happy New Year!

Edited 12 years ago
#
MageKing17 12 years ago
Narvius said:
suddenly there are actually INTERESTING things. Mostly mathematical, though, as the programming-related things are trivial for me.
Yes, for me both the mathematical and the programming-related things were trivial. Then I started my second quarter, and suddenly I had an awesome math teacher teaching interesting things and my Computer Science teacher started giving me "extra" assignments to challenge my programming capabilities. Best. Quarter. Ever.

EDIT: Oh, and uh, have a happy new year, everybody.

Edited 12 years ago
#
Narvius 12 years ago
xD I'm not saying it's hard, I'm saying it's interesting. And probably even useful.
#
SpeedBlade 12 years ago
I'm still stuck in High School (been around here since 5th grade ^_^), but barely so.

On a mathematical note, the year 20xx for 01≤xx≤12 is the year I complete grade xx.
#
Amarth 12 years ago
Happy new year everyone! 2011 wasn't great for me but 2012 will be better! Also the world will end etc. Might be interesting.
#
E_net4 12 years ago
Sure it might be interesting to see the world ending. That makes us quite a privileged generation, earning the title of "Last of Human Generation".

And even if it doesn't end, we can rejoice and laugh at those who spent everything they had before the supposed apocalypse.

Sarcasm or not, I'll leave the interpretation to you.
#
Forum » Happy new year to everyone!

Your email:
Your name: