Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Werivar Expansion Mod.
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Werivar Expansion Mod.

harwe 14 years ago
    Oh crap, I never even noticed that the signatures were disabled, yea check my profile I guess... One extra step
    #
    EnigmaniteZ 14 years ago
    Spatial Distortion script is okay. I use it all the time... just that you have to fill in the variables.
    And, it's not a wielded item script. It's a global script.
    Though actually, i prefer using items that de/activate scripts as usage, replace with an (active) or (deactive) version, and require it to be in inventory, rather than wielded, to effect.
    It works a lot better, though it's more complex.
    #
    Malek 14 years ago
    How the hell am i supposed to survive in the ship graveyard to upgrade the psionic?? This place is freaking madness!

EDIT: WTF did you guys hate the fking psionics of something? Jesus christ.
    #
    Anonymous1157 14 years ago
    The Psionic is partially (Mostly) built to offer challenge to people who have already beat the game ten times over on hard and need something fun to do. If you do not fit said description, you can play it on easy and keep trying until you get good at it, or you can go play as the Alien. (IMO it's the easiest race to work with because you have a decent balance between not being able to use much Human technology, having upgrading unique abilities, and ease of maintaining a full health bar.)

... Additionally, methinks talk of the Psionic would go under a thread that refers to the default mod, because that's where it debuted.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Yeah, you hate psionic absolutely for sure. He was bad for default, but in Werivar (!!!). EVIL. That's what psionic is in Werivar. And evil is always destroyed.
    From what I've seen myself:
    1) Hurting myself with my own psi blast.
    2) After Liquid dream gets teleported to ship graveyard (where my fellow got killed by an invisible source right away; that wasn't a reaper ). And, so to say, what heck? Script error?
    3) In Lifeforce dream, tentacle area, he's placed right into them tentacles (the journal still says to build the psi armor), dying almost instantly. The only way - to run to portal ASAP.
    4) Finally (that got me), THE LIFEFORCE DOPPLEGANGER. Yes, like that, all in capital. Because it's eternal. Indestructible. Unpassable. I use up all energy and it happens to have 1/10 life out. But by the time i regen 20 energy back it's fully restored. I've even tinkered with creatures.dat (or wherever it was) to return that son of a burgit to original settings. This didn't help anyway. I think because psi blast was made nuts.
    #
    remov 14 years ago
    knowing that I probably sound like a total newb (and I'm totally am), is there a way to reduce the spawn of the dire reapers and the sniper marines? Or lengthen the time it takes for them to spawn?
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Someone up here already investigated the matter. But, you see, their numbers ARE limited (!), or at least so I got it from that post. It seemes that the game engine bugs with that restriction. Maybe someone still can find a way... I'm not good at those script things yet.
    #
    remov 14 years ago
    Really? One game I got enough dire reapers to fill up my screen in one of the metal mines. That can really be a game breaking bug.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    There are at least 2 ways to get rid of many DRs rather quickly.

SPOILER:
    1. Get an advanced flamethrower (or a flame turret or something else splash-attacking) to help you in Dried Marsh area. Kill them spawning insectoids to get to the building. Kill three insectoid queens and grasp the egg and hoverbike blueprints. Build and upgrade the hoverbike. Someone already said how to play off with DRs and snipers. Just lure them to kill each other ; ) *EDIT* Oh yeah, don't forget to read how to upgrade the hoverbike in the journal. You normally won't see that message when you make hoverbike. *END EDIT*
    2. Raise the alien pet (with brown -> reaper -> dire reaper corpses) to its final level. With its aid and inside Hoverbike Mark II (maybe also holding some turret to aid you), you'll be able to withstand MUCH, really MUCH.
    3. (just IMO, I wasn't able to try that) If you're able to get to the portal (Ship Graveyard -> Communications Array) before you accomplish everything needed for 1 and 2, you can find Battledroid Blueprints in there (at least that's where I got them, AFAIR). You can make these guys to aid you instead of aliens (or with them, but not very comfortable with hoverbike, Battledroids move pretty slowly). Since you can't craft Replicator Cells with those Factory Programs, you're limited to that many Battledroids, how many Replicator Cells have spawned in your game. Still many of 'em.

To not cuddle the game down with DR corpses, feed them to your alien pet, eat them or create Hyper Recovery Packs (Ether + Reaper corpse + DR corpse).
    #
    remov 14 years ago
    That would explain why my game keep lagging in certain areas where I was able to kill a large amount of them. In any case, thanks for the help.
    #
    KirbyGotenksabsorbed 14 years ago
    Where do you find the "marine captains" in this mod? I'm trying to get the planetoid ending for the psionic, but I need to kill the marine captains who're supposedly in a spaceship (at least according to the game), however, I have been unable to see any spaceship anywhere, does anyone know what I'm supposed to do?
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Have you already killed the queens and their eggs? As I see in the items.dat, this condition is also included for using Linked Planetoid.
    Answering your question, I believe that marine commanders are still on the marine spaceship. As usual, you can get there from their Notrium base via shuttle. I was never able to kill the commanders because those battledroids got me.
    Also, please be so kind to tell me how are you going with psionic? I was so pissed by this don't-know-why self-blast-attack that I gave up at the Lifeforce Doppleganger that was clearly indestructible without normal things up.
    #
    Where do you get the shuttle key card?

I'm doing really well, once you get super psionic powers (you get them by saving up a bunch of life essences (at least, that's how I got them)), it's pretty easy, and fun too. I don't remember what I did with the Lifeforce Doppleganger though, I just know I had a lot of life essences.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    "KirbyGotenksabsorbed" said:
    Where do you get the shuttle key card?
    SPOILER ALERT! (select the text below to see and read it)
    You get it from marine with a shotgun in their bunker.
    END SPOILER
    I'm doing really well, once you get super psionic powers (you get them by saving up a bunch of life essences (at least, that's how I got them))
    All that I know is that I got MANY life essences... Yeah, and what?
    #
    You mean the pink marine? I killed him a long time ago, when I got his/her key, it said the key was for a box or something.

"Venom31" said:
    All that I know is that I got MANY life essences... Yeah, and what?

You probably need to get all the tokens too, and I'm not completely sure about this part, but you may need to level up a bit.
    Btw, I had 300+ life essences when I suddenly obtained the super-psi-powers.

-Edit-
    I finished the game with the planetoid! 8D
    I must say, the planetoid ending in the werivar mod is a lot better than the stupid ending in the Vanilla version.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    I must say, the planetoid ending in the werivar mod is a lot better than the stupid ending in the Vanilla version.
    AFAIK, the Planetoid ending for all races except the psionic are "bad". And I can't really tell whether the Psionic ending really was changed in Werivar.

...*checks*
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    2KirbyGotenksabsorbed
    SPOILER:
    Wow, you found that keycard! I thought that marine was deleted, I found neither a Security Keycard nor Security Box in Werivar :/. I don't remember the marine color (heh) but it's not that marine. Click on the bunker inside their base where you see the shuttle on landing pad to enter the bunker. Clear it out or just kill the "boss" (that one with shotgun again) and snap the Shuttle Keycard. The enemies feel free to chase you out of the bunker AFAIR.
    END SPOILER
    ...you may need to level up a bit.
    Does one start levling up from the beginning or should you get all tokens first?
    What is Vanilla version? Do you mean the default mod?
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    Does one start levling up from the beginning or should you get all tokens first?
    You need the void token to level up with the main token, so you need all of them.
    "Venom31" said:
    What is Vanilla version? Do you mean the default mod?
    Of course he does.

...And I'm still checking. I had some trouble playing it on Hard.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    I have no legal words to say... I had troubles playing it ON EASY! No chance in hell getting lifeforce. O_o
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    I got all the tokens and did the general Planetoid ending with the psionic(which is dumb, since you have to kill friendly plants and the huge plant creature doesn't attack you). Nothing special happened. However, all the logs point out otherwise. Is the Psionic condemned to turn to the rest of his kind's status?
    #
    Romah 14 years ago
    Hmm there is an issue I encountered... I built Teck II bike. Grabbed all my junk (4500 weight)
    And went to take over refinery... Took me 30 seconds (a single laser wall did the trick) Then got off the bike. Well, even though i was right next to it, i couldnt get back on. Dropped all gear except the key cards and ether (although t2 does not use ether) Still... nothing.
    Has anyone encountered this before? any solutions?
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Wow, oh my! No, I didn't encounter that, do you have propulsion boots? Just to try at least a centimeter... Did save/load do something good?
    #
    Romah 14 years ago
    Arh figured it out! ^^
    I had both key cards... For tech I bike and tech II... Dropping T1 version allowed me to get back on... Odd bug...
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    So. How do you people play Psionic in Werivar (EDIT: Werivar Expansion, but I don't think it differs in what I'm about)? Honestly, I've already got my fingers aching trying to figure out.
    I must be missing something.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    What do you mean by "play"? Don't you mean reaching an end with the Psionic? If that's so, try reading the journal logs. They help.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    I mean surviving, fighting and getting tokens at least. Surviving - OK, I guess that one random placement near DR (instant-kill) after getting Liquid is not a problem, generally I can run away. But fighting! I'm getting so pissed by that self-hurt attack that may kill ME instead of my enemy... And getting tokens - because of fighting. LF Doppleganger can be killed (well, could be originally killed) in a matter of 2-4 blasts (!). Now it has doubled HP, so maybe it's 4-8 blasts still, if not... self-blast... hot dang
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Try using Dash to stay away from Dire Reapers. Also, it is vital that you find Eden as soon as possible. Pile up your life essence stock there. Use the essences to help you get the 3 tokens. After that, go back to Eden and use the life essences for leveling up. Only then can you roam into those dangers.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    How to use L.E.s to level up? Just stack pile them? It's not in the journals, no. There is nothing there of big interest. Except maybe the key+orb thing that I know already. Just how do you kill LF Doppleganger? Even 100 L.E.s won't help me beat it, I deal plain too much damage to myself, and not so much to my enemy, LOL.
    #
    mexis8 14 years ago
    all the links to download the expansions has expired. so it says. any new links!?
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Find Harwe's profile and check his signature. His mod folder is still functional.

How to use L.E.s to level up? Just stack pile them? It's not in the journals, no.
    That's because it was implemented in Werivar. Read the description of the main Psionic token. And I'm still wondering why you can't finish the LifeForce dream.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    That's because it was implemented in Werivar.
    Why not? The journals actually say about how to merge orb.
    "E_net4" said:
    Read the description of the main Psionic token.
    Main Psionic token
    "E_net4" said:
    And I'm still wondering why you can't finish the LifeForce dream.
    He's regenerating faster than I damage him.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Looks like I've figured it out. You might've been playing medium or hard difficulty and acquired that "flawless" bonus, am I right? Then it's not that tough. Funny how easy difficulty is harder than medium or hard
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    That's because it was implemented in Werivar.
    Why not? The journals actually say about how to merge orb.
    I admit I haven't seen it, because I mostly stick to Default. And that's not the actual answer to the question.
    "Venom31" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Read the description of the main Psionic token.
    Main Psionic token
    I checked the actual name, it's called the Psionic Key. It says "U: 50 life essences \ Y: 100 life essences" or something similar.
    "Venom31" said:

"E_net4" said:
    And I'm still wondering why you can't finish the LifeForce dream.
    He's regenerating faster than I damage him.
    Then that would be an issue of the Werivar Expansion, don't you think? Both Werivar and Werivar Expansion have those kind of issues, especially because they focused so much on implementing new things that they seem to interfere with others.

And next time avoid double-posting.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Then that would be an issue of the Werivar Expansion, don't you think? Both Werivar and Werivar Expansion have those kind of issues, especially because they focused so much on implementing new things that they seem to interfere with others.
    Yeah, implementing new things... In fact, right now (before I figure out that Psionic) the human was the best, simply munching through everything. Neither Werivar himself (whoa the one designed for it!), nor the new Scavenger were that close. Strange... the new and shiny characters seem not so fit as the oldest one. Well maybe I'm not getting something or have just been unlucky.
    "E_net4" said:
    And next time avoid double-posting.
    I'll try . Have been too excited to beat the friggin' LFD.

But what about my question? Have you got the "flawless" bonus on that difficulty you were playing? If not, it breaks all my understanding.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    I did, but it will only give you, huh, [rot13]bar bs rnpu gbxra[/rot13]. It gives you something more than that in Default. Odd.
    #
    Forum » The Werivar Expansion Mod.
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: