Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Werivar Expansion Mod.
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Werivar Expansion Mod.

OthobRithol 15 years ago
    For Marine corpses, I've decided that they'll drop plot items, which will allow on-pick-up calculation of item drop. It's actually creature corpses (and turret corpses) in general that make up the bulk of my remaining work in items.dat.

ops: Definitely showing my lack of experience with this system right there (It's only been about two weeks ). I hadn't even thought of using plot objects. Sadly, I can't utilize the triggered effects for what I am doing (since I am taking a normal object and adding a race feature to it).

I am looking forward to seeing how you do the marine drops, since I am positive it will impact how I am doing turret salvage.

I'm trying my best to avoid having an android only script for the salvaging items to be triggered, but I just don't know of any other way to do it.

Temperature Control Upgrades are giving me a pain. I have figured three wasy to run it:

A - The upgrade gives a token, and a pair of scripts run constantly pushing temperature back towards center. More tokens = more push. I wouldn't be able to model this option until I had a better idea how you were doing health regen tokens.

B - The upgrade modifies a bar holding # of Temp upgrades (starting at 1.0, with each token reducing it 0.1). A script then uses a simpified version of the multiplication system I outlined to multiply the new bar and the temperature bar. In effect, it is reducing or raising temperature by %.

C - Six different scripts. Two for the simple upgrade, two for the improved, and two for the final. This has two versions:
    C1 - Each upgrade used turns on its own scripts, which change temperature more dramatically IE Script Pair One activates at +-40 from center, changes by 10; Script Pair Two activates +-60 from center, effects 20 etc.
    C2 - Each upgrade drops a hidden token, and then activates or deactivates scripts based on # of tokens detected. The scripts just get better as you upgrade.

A would have the advantage of not being limited in total # of upgrades. Therefore, each upgrade could be cheaper and have less effect. I think the player would draw more satisfaction from completing more upgrades - hence every modification I have made thus far.
    B is already done in a test model, but uses a bar (which thus far I have not had to do for anything). Conservation of bars is key to me. But the simplification of having one script modify temperature, instead of one for hot and one for cold, is appealing aesthetically. If I ever make my own Android mod (which I have considered) this is likely how I would do it. For now, I need to share bars with the others
    C is ultimately limited by just how many scripts should be used. 6 is already a bit overboard for the temperature bar of one race.
    C1 has the best overall effect, since the cooling, heating would occur more dramatically the further the temp went from center, but has so many scripts running.
    C2 is a bit of a compromise, with only 2 scripts running at a time to avoid lag. What it saves in CPU cycles, it makes up for in overall code length.

The weapons pod works like a champ. Restraint is what can and what can not be used in it is a key concern. For fun I made a number of weapons legal, and some (like the warp drill gun and the laser shotgun) generated so much spread push it seemed over-powered. Flamethrowers work alright, but you were right that they don't see much action, even the advanced. Mostly they eat ether. A very wide spread (As in 140 degrees plus) might see some effect, but at that point the Android would be unflankable.

Stacking multiple lasers and/or guns ate ammo, and made absolutely over-powered effects. I killed several battledroids and very close range with a laser/pulse-laser/laser shotgun/laser rifle weapons pod... without having ANY other upgrades.

I think the best bet is to have unique weapons pods, with their own combination trees. The key here is to make them work well together.

I think there should be 5 pods: Sonic, Machine Gun, Laser, Plasma, Cannon. I no longer think a splash weapon is appropriate. That can be used as a normal weapon. All of these weapons would have to be short-range (even a conservative mix of standard weapons has more off screen killing effect then the warp drill gun)

As a continuum, the left has wide spread, rapid fire, low range, and lower damage. As you move right, they get narrower, slower, but more damaging. In effect you get a cone with an increasingly deadly core.

Tech and ease of creation wise, they would go Machine Gun/Laser, then Sonic, then Plasma, and finally Cannon. The cannon would just be a very slow firing, heavy physical weapon akin to a rail gun. Depending on how you develop the Plasma weapons, it may not even be necessary.
    #
    Nocture17 15 years ago
    Update: I'm pleased to announce I've finished all the technological item entries and descriptions. The descriptions are what's really taking it out of me, since they're easily as much typing as an entire series of combinations. I've also finished all the technological, non-species specific weapons, along with new images for many of them, and am most of the way through the Scavenger, still got a few more weapons to finish off/provide graphics for and I'm done.

Since I've recently experimented and discovered that combinations can result in multiple different types of item from one combination, I can do what I wanted with devour, for both aliens, and have the various aliens provide different resources as well as their simple food. Brown, for example, will provide toxins, which the aliens will slowly metabolise and remove. Too much poisonous food at once will start hurting the alien, but a limitted amount will be useful for defences and for certain Scavenger weapons.

Perhaps more later, gotta go.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    A really skillful alien shall be able to eat browns without getting poisoned. Optionally.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://notriumomgdirereapers.ytmnd.com/">http://notriumomgdirereapers.ytmnd.com/</a><!-- m -->
    Good things seemed to happen in here.
    #
    Nocture17 15 years ago

I wish there were fewer occassions when that happened to me in-game.

Progress held up by health issues (not actually caused by Notrium, fortunately), and some other projects (as well as being sick to death of items.dat), just getting back into the swing of things now.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Well one thing that should be fixed is the random major creatures spawns. These were implemented in Werivar to make people go away from Notrium quickly, but that ain't fun, because one would rather stay in the planet to evolve and get new stuff.
    #
    kopana 15 years ago
    This is awesome.

Go! Go! Go!
    #
    ouch 15 years ago
    well if you are still working on the mod you have a couple gameplay breaking issues... (some outright bugs)

some of the turrets in the ville corp base are owned by the player

building the warp drill gun results in an endless flood of infinant hunger reduction specials. (at least for the human)

the self powered food generator is produceing way to many rations. a buildup of 100+ of them occurs in only 3 days.

the instant death from snipers and battle droids are completly annoying. a challenge is one thing, but being killed over, and over again without even a warning is no fun at all. another anoyance is the missiles going through walls... that needs to stop too.

but asside from those issues I'm really loveing your mod. I especially liked the cave... that was pretty awsome running around down there with only a flashlight and low ammo. Which was due to the surface inhabitants...

edit: you also assigned the factory chip use keys to the shortcut keys for the health restoration items. this means you can't actually use the factory chips if you have the restoration items in your inventory.

another infanant hunger special problem occurs once you get the power suit.

I've fixed these issues in my copy, if anyone is still playing this mod give a post I'll upload it somewhere.
    #
    joanna2020 15 years ago
    i kinda agree with the boy...i mean it's kinda annoying with the sniper thingy, whenever i got adroid's super upgrade i got 2 hits and died i mean thats abit insane....and the battle droids is the other problem indeed....

though a really appreciated game keep up the good work 10/10
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    The uber-enemies spawning randomly in the game is an issue from Werivar. Sure there's a need to fix that. The android and the human can just use the Warp drill gun, but what about the other races? They need to run like heck!
    #
    bwansy 15 years ago
    I think I said it before. I strongly suspect it's actually the engine's bug, not the mods'. I looked into the scripts and found a block that constrains the max. number of those enemies that can exist in a map, but somehow they're ignored by the engine. It's something like 20 reapers, 5 snipers, 3 battle droids, etc., but I can't remember the exact numbers.
    #
    OthobRithol 15 years ago
    Seeing as this mod appears dead, I figured I'd post all the work I did on the android upgrades.

In Player races make the following changes:
    Android starts with items:

Android does not start with items:

Android cannot drop items:

Notes:

A lot of the upgrades don't function because I was trying to make them compatible with the health tokens Nocturne was working on. You can make them functional by just replacing the effect that gives the token with one that modifies the bar.

I lost the version that had all of the turret salvage and the weapons pod. Sorry.

Some of the upgrades have custom gfx I am too lazy to upload.

Add this to items.dat

Engineer's Tools;//name - A welding torch with different combos-----------
    1000;//identifier
    4;//item class
    0;//weight
    These are my built-in tools I used as a Warp Engineer, including a welding torch. I should be able to use these to alter Computer Units to interface into my cybernetic systems.;//short description
    none;//first pick up text
    0.400000;//size on map
    1;//show on radar 0=does not show, 1=show on scanner, 2=show even without scanner
    20;//particle to shown on radar
    1;//visible in inventory 0=no (can only be used via quick keys), 1=yes
    engtool.png;//texture name
    -1;//wielded script,-1=nothing, only applicable for wieldable items
    -1;//wielded item disabling script, -1=nothing, this script is only checked for conditions while the item is wielded, if the conditions prove false, the item is unwielded
    1;//show help text for conditions
    begin_wield_slots;
    0;//wield slot number
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Sizzle!;//event text
    none;//event failure text
    use.wav;//sound, none for nothing
    0;//vanishes after event, 0=no, 1=yes
    U;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    9;//effect number
    22.000000;//parameter1
    0.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    0;//item stays after combine
    7;//combines with Computer Unit
    1;//discard that item after combine
    2;//combine time
    0;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1001;//result of combine Android Circuits
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    1001;//combines with Android Circuits
    2;//combine time
    0;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    7;//result of combine Computer Unit
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    65;//combines with Robot Wreckage
    2;//combine time
    0;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1004;//result of combine Salvaged Parts
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    0;//item stays after combine ----- START SALVAGE -----
    200;//broken MG turret
    5;//combine time
    0;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1090;// salvaged M turret
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    end_combinations;
    Android Circuits;//name--------------------------------------------------
    1001;//identifier
    4;//item class
    2.000000;//weight
    This Computer Unit has been reformatted to integrate with my advanced systems architecture.;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    1;//show on radar 0=does not show, 1=show on scanner, 2=show even without scanner
    chip.png;//texture name
    -1;//wielded item disabling script, -1=nothing, this script is only checked for conditions while the item is wielded, if the conditions prove false, the item is unwielded
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    none;//event text
    1;//vanishes after event, 0=no, 1=yes
    -1;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    0;//effect number
    0.000000;//parameter1
    0.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    1;//discard this item after combine
    12;//combines with Energy Cell
    5;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1002;//result of combine
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    471;//combines with Advanced Energy Cell
    10;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1003;//result of combine
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    119;//combines with targeting beam
    5;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1011;//result of combine - optic upgrade
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    1;//combines with battery charger
    5;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1032;//result of combine - Android Recharge
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    end_combinations;
    Basic Systems Module;//name----------------------------------------------
    1002;//identifier
    4;//item class
    2.5;//weight
    This module can be added to a variety of objects to make upgrades. An Android can use this (Y) to fix damage and get an energy boost.;//short description
    By linking computer circuits to a power source I can build a link between other items and my own internal systems. In case of emergencies I could also use this to repair myself and get and refill some of my batteries.;// firtst pickup text
    0.350000;//size on map
    chip.png;//texture name - good ones are chip and en_unit
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    none;//event text
    Y;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    4;//effect number - add to bar
    50;//parameter1 add this much
    1;//parameter2 not over max
    0;//parameter3 to health
    0;//parameter4
    100;//parameter1 add this much
    0;//parameter2 can be over max
    1;//parameter3 to energy
    0;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    20;//combines with forcefield gen
    6;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1020;//result of combine basic forcefield upgrade
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    34;//combines with battery extension
    6;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1030;//result of combine - Microfission Reactor
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    1004;//combines with robot salvage
    6;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1050;//result of combine Basic Repair Module
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    end_combinations;
    Advanced Systems Module;//name-------------------------------------------
    1003;//identifier
    4;//item class
    3.000000;//weight
    This module can be added to a variety of objects to make upgrades. An android can use this (Y) to dramatically boost their health and energy recovery for 10 seconds.;//short description
    Using this new power source, I should be able to build even more powerful upgrades. This might even allow me to upgrade beyond the limits of the older technology.;//first pick up text
    0.350000;//size on map
    chip.png;//texture name - good ones are chip and en_unit
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    none;//event text
    Y;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    1;//parameter2 cannot be over max
    0;//parameter3 to health
    0;//parameter4
    0;//parameter2 can be over max
    1;//parameter3 to energy
    0;//parameter4
    23;//effect number boost regen rates
    10;//parameter1 by 10 units
    -1;//parameter2 with no visible effect
    0;//parameter3 to health
    10000;//parameter4 of this many milliseconds
    23;//effect number boost regen rates
    10;//parameter1 by 10 units
    -1;//parameter2 with no visible effect
    1;//parameter3 to energy
    10000;//parameter4 of this many milliseconds
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    20;//combines with forcefield gen
    10;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1021;//result of combine advanced FF upgrade
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    34;//combines with battery extension
    10;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1031;//result of combine - Prism Reactor
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    13;//combines with replicator cell
    10;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1051;//result of combine - Adv Repair Upgrade
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    end_combinations;
    Spare Parts;//name---------------------------------------
    1004;//identifier
    0;//item class
    5.000000;//weight
    You strip the wreckage of all useful components. You could probably use these parts to repair or upgrade yourself.;//short description
    0.500000;//size on map
    qcorpse3.png;//texture name
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    You use the salvaged parts to repair yourself.;//event text
    U;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    20;//parameter1 add this much
    1;//parameter2 cannot be over max
    0;//parameter3 to health
    0;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    6;//combines with long metal rod
    4;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1040;//result Incomplete Upgrade A
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    18;//combines with particle accelerator
    4;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1041;//result Incomplete Upgrade B
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    end_combinations;
    Android Vision I;//name Basic Model, Android starts with this---------
    1010;//identifier
    4;//item class
    0.0;//weight
    Press G to turn on Nightvision.;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    goggles.png;//texture name
    24;//wielded script,-1=nothing, only applicable for wieldable items
    begin_wield_slots;
    4;//wield slot number
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Night Vision.;//event text
    U;//use key
    g;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    3;//use condition number
    1.000000;//use condition parameter0
    1.000000;//use condition parameter1
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;//Everything is a weak green
    8;//effect number
    0;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    0.2;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    8;//effect number
    1;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    0.2;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    8;//effect number
    2;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    0.2;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    8;//effect number
    3.000000;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    0.2;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    1011;//combines with
    6;//combine time
    0;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1012;//result of combine - Improved
    1;//amount to give
    1014;//result of combine - Hidden Targeting Beam
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    end_combinations;
    Optics Upgrade;//name----------------------------------------------------
    1011;//identifier
    4;//item class
    2.000000;//weight
    Combine this with your current Android Optics to increase their effectiveness.;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    none;//event text
    none;//sound, none for nothing
    -1;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    0;//effect number
    0.000000;//parameter1
    0.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Android Vision II;//name Android Nightvision + 1 upgrade------------
    1012;//identifier
    4;//item class
    0.0;//weight
    Press G to turn on Nigthvision and X for the Targeting Beam.;//short description
    Now that I have upgraded my optical sensors, I can see much more clearly at night. This primitive world no longer looks quite as harsh to me. In addition I was able to retain the targeting beam's functions. Somehow I don't think my creators would approve.;//first pick up text
    0.350000;//size on map
    24;//wielded script,-1=nothing, only applicable for wieldable items
    begin_wield_slots;
    4;//wield slot number
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Night Vision.;//event text
    U;//use key
    g;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    3;//use condition number
    1.000000;//use condition parameter0
    1.000000;//use condition parameter1
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;//brighter, slightly blue items, slightly red creatures
    8;//effect number
    0;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    0.5;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    8;//effect number
    1;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    0.5;//parameter3
    0.5;//parameter4
    8;//effect number
    2;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    0.5;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    8;//effect number
    3.000000;//parameter1
    0.5;//parameter2
    0.5;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    1011;//combines with
    8;//combine time
    0;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1013;//result of combine
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    end_combinations;
    Android Vision III;//name Android Nightvision +2 Upgrades - Final-----
    1013;//identifier
    4;//item class
    0.0;//weight
    Press G to turn on Nigthvision and X for the Targeting Beam. This device is fully upgraded and no longer consumes power.;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    begin_wield_slots;
    4;//wield slot number
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Night Vision enabled;//event text
    U;//use key
    g;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;//bright, creature-red, items-blue
    8;//effect number
    0;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    .8;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    8;//effect number
    1;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    0.5;//parameter3
    0.8;//parameter4
    8;//effect number
    2;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    0.8;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    8;//effect number
    3;//parameter1
    0.8;//parameter2
    0.5;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Hidden Android Targeting Beam;//name------------------------------------
    1014;//identifier
    4;//item class
    0.000000;//weight
    You shouldn't be able to see this.;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    0;//visible in inventory 0=no (can only be used via quick keys), 1=yes
    diode.png;//texture name
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Targeting Systeam Activated.;//event text
    U;//use key
    x;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    6;//effect number
    2.000000;//parameter1
    0.000000;//parameter2
    1.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Forcefield Upgrade;//name------------------------------------------------
    1020;//identifier
    4;//item class
    4.000000;//weight
    Use this item to integrate it into your defense sub-systems.;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    shield2.png;//texture name - good ones are chip and en_unit
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Your defenses are now improved;//event text
    This won't have any effect;//event failure text
    U;//use key - set to u for finished upgrades
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    5;//condition - bar is less than
    3;//condition parameter0 - armor bar
    6;//condition parameter1 - is less than
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    4;//effect number - increase bar
    1;//parameter1 - by one
    1;//parameter2 - don't override min/max
    3;//parameter3 - armor bar
    0;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Advanced Forcefield Upgrade;//name---------------------------------------
    1021;//identifier
    4;//item class
    5.000000;//weight
    Use this item (U) to integrate it into your defense sub-systems.;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    shield2.png;//texture name - good ones are chip and en_unit
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Your defenses are now greatly improved;//event text
    Your forecefield is already at maximum power.;//event failure text
    U;//use key - set to u for finished upgrades
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    5;//condition - bar is less than
    3;//condition parameter0 - armor bar
    10;//condition parameter1 - is less than
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    2;//parameter1 - by two
    1;//parameter2 - don't override min/max
    3;//parameter3 - armor bar
    0;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Micro-Fission Reactor;//name---------------------------------------
    1030;//identifier
    4;//item class
    6.000000;//weight
    This should reduce my dependence on external power sources, but it will take many to fully power my systems;//short description
    0.450000;//size on map
    en_unit.png;//texture name
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    The Energy Unit hums with energy.;//event text
    Exclusive to Android.;//event failure text
    U;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    6;//condition - check for race
    2;//condition parameter0 - android race
    0;//condition parameter1
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    11;//effect number - change bar max
    1.000000;//parameter1 - energy bar
    10.000000;//parameter2 - by this much
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    4;//effect number - increases bar
    10.000000;//parameter1 - by this much
    1.000000;//parameter2 - not over max
    1.000000;//parameter3 - energy bar
    0.000000;//parameter4
    0.100000;//parameter1 - by this much
    16.000000;//parameter3 - energy regen bar
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Prism Reactor;//name---------------------------------------
    1031;//identifier
    4;//item class
    7;//weight
    This unit is three times more effective than a micro-fission reactor;//short description
    0.450000;//size on map
    powerunit.png;//texture name
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Your circuits surge with crystal energy.;//event text
    Exclusive to Android.;//event failure text
    U;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    11;//effect number - change bar max
    1;//parameter1 - energy bar
    30;//parameter2 - by this much
    0;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    30;//parameter1 - by this much
    1;//parameter2 - not over max
    1;//parameter3 - energy bar
    0;//parameter4
    0.3;//parameter1 - by this much
    1;//parameter2 - not over max
    16;//parameter3 - energy regen bar
    0;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Android Recharge;//name---------------------------------------
    1032;//identifier
    4;//item class
    0.000000;//weight
    This built in port will allow you to use a fuel cell to fully charge your batteries. Hotkey (Z);//short description
    none.;//first pick up text
    0.650000;//size on map
    2;//show on radar 0=does not show, 1=show on scanner, 2=show even without scanner
    charger.png;//texture name
    0;//show help text for conditions
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Energy Supply Restored!;//event text
    You have no fuel cells.;//event failure text
    z;//use key
    z;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;// must have item
    10;// fuel cell
    1;// at least one
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//effect number - give item
    10;//parameter1 - fuel cell
    -1;//parameter2 - take away one
    0;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    10000;//parameter1 - by a ridiculous amount
    1.000000;//parameter2 - cannot be above max
    1.000000;//parameter3 - energy bar
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Incomplete Structure;//Incomplete A Robot Salvage + Long Metal Rod------
    1040;//identifier
    4;//item class
    6.000000;//weight
    This Structural Upgrade is incomplete. First it will need a particle accelerator, and then a systems module.;//short description
    0.450000;//size on map
    strupgrd.png;//texture name
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    none.;//event text
    none.;//event failure text
    -1;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    18;//combines with Particle Accelerator
    4;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1042;//result Incomplete C
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    end_combinations;
    Incomplete Structure;//Incomplete B Robot Salvage + Particle Accel------
    1041;//identifier
    4;//item class
    6.000000;//weight
    This Structural Upgrade is incomplete. First it will need a long metal rod, and then a systems module.;//short description
    0.450000;//size on map
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    none.;//event text
    -1;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    6;//combines with Long Metal Rod
    4;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1042;//result Incomplete C
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    end_combinations;
    Incomplete Structure;//Incomplete C Salvage + Rod + Particle Accel------
    1042;//identifier
    4;//item class
    7.000000;//weight
    This Structural Upgrade is almost finished. Now just combine it with a systems module.;//short description
    0.450000;//size on map
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    none.;//event text
    -1;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    1002;//combines with Basic Systems
    3;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1043;//result Basic Structural Upgrade
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    1003;//combines with Advanced Systems
    3;//combine time
    1;//can be broken up
    begin_items_given;
    1044;//result Advanced Structural Upgrade
    1;//amount to give
    end_items_given;
    end_combinations;
    Basic Structural Upgrade;//---------------------------------------------
    1043//identifier
    4;//item class
    9.000000;//weight
    This enhancement with both increase your carrying capacity as well as reinforce your body.;//short description
    0.450000;//size on map
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Structural Reinforcement Complete.;//event text
    u;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    42;//effect number - increase carrying capacity
    20.000000;//parameter1 by 20
    0.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    11;//effect number - increase bar max
    0.000000;//parameter1 - health bar
    20.000000;//parameter2 - by 20
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    20.000000;//parameter1 - by 20
    0.000000;//parameter3 - health bar
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Advanced Structural Upgrade;//-------------------------------------------
    1044//identifier
    4;//item class
    10.000000;//weight
    This enhancement with both increase your carrying capacity as well as reinforce your body.;//short description
    0.450000;//size on map
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Structural Reinforcement Complete.;//event text
    u;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    42;//effect number - increase carrying capacity
    40.000000;//parameter1 by 40
    0.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    11;//effect number - increase bar max
    0.000000;//parameter1 - health bar
    40.000000;//parameter2 - by 40
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    40.000000;//parameter1 - by 40
    0.000000;//parameter3 - health bar
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Basic Self-Repair Upgrade;//name---------------------------------------
    1050;//identifier
    4;//item class
    6;//weight
    This diagnotstics and nanite replication module will slowly repair your damage over time.;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    andrepairupgrade.png;//texture name
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Basic Units are no longer effective.;// Max Basic Token Checking
    none;// failure text
    none;// sound
    0;// does not vanish
    u;// same use key
    -1;// no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;//check for item
    1054;// health regen token proxy
    5;// Basic Cap
    0;//check for item
    1052;// Basic Health Regen Upgrade Max
    0;// does not have
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    1;// number
    0;// to main inventory
    0;// not used
    end_effects;
    Damage control systems activated.;//Main Effects
    This unit will provide no benefit.;//event failure text
    U;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;//check for item
    0;// does not have
    0;//check for item
    1053;// Total Health Upgrade Max
    0;// does not have
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    4;//increase bar - remove when token implemented
    0.25;//by this much
    1;//not over max
    17;//health regen bar
    0;//not used
    16;//give item
    1054;//health regen token proxy
    1;// number
    0;// to main inventory
    0;// not used
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Advanced Self-Repair Upgrade;//name--------------------------------------
    1051;//identifier
    4;//item class
    7;//weight
    This advanced module is far more effective than the basic unit.;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Basic upgrades no longer effective.;// Max Basic Token Checking
    none;//
    none;// sound
    0;// does not vanish
    u;// same use key
    -1;// no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;//check for item
    5;// Basic Cap
    0;//check for item
    0;// does not have
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    1;// number
    0;// to main inventory
    0;// not used
    end_effects;
    Advanced Upgrades no longer effective.;// Max Total Token Checking
    none;//
    none;// sound
    0;// does not vanish
    u;// same use key
    -1;// no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;//check for item
    10;// Total Cap
    0;//check for item
    1053;// Total Health Regen Upgrade Max
    0;// does not have
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    1;// number
    0;// to main inventory
    0;// not used
    end_effects;
    Damage control at Peak Effectiveness.;// Special Case
    none;//
    1;// does vanish
    u;// same use key
    -1;// no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;//check for item
    9;// would cause overflow
    0;//check for item
    0;// does not have
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    1;// number
    0;// to main inventory
    0;// not used
    16;//give item
    1;// number
    0;// to main inventory
    0;// not used
    end_effects;
    Damage control systems activated.;//Main Effects
    Self-Repair Upgrades Maxed.;//event failure text
    U;//use key
    -1;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;//check for item
    0;// does not have
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    4;//increase bar - remove when token implemented
    0.5;//by this much
    1;//not over max
    17;//health regen bar
    0;//not used
    16;//give item
    1054;//health regen token proxy
    2;// number
    0;// to main inventory
    0;// not used
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Basic Max Regen Token;//name---------------------------------------
    1052;//identifier
    4;//item class
    0;//weight
    This markes that the basic repair upgrade is no longer useful;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Advanced Max Regen Token;//name---------------------------------------
    1053;//identifier
    4;//item class
    0;//weight
    This markes that the advanced repair upgrade is no longer useful;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Health Regen Token Proxy;//name---------------------------------------
    1054;//identifier
    4;//item class
    0;//weight
    This item will be replaced by Noture17's token;//short description
    0.350000;//size on map
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    Salvaged (M) Turret;//name---------------------------------------
    1090;//identifier
    0;//item class
    10.000000;//weight
    You are sure you can extract the Computer Unit and possibly some spare parts or ammo. However, you will not be able to retrieve all the components like you would using a repair pack.;//short description
    0.500000;//size on map
    0;//show on radar 0=does not show, 1=show on scanner, 2=show even without scanner
    mturret3.png;//texture name
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Computer Unit Salvaged.;//----- START OF ALL TURRETS-----
    none;//no sound, could get annoying
    0;//does not vanish after event, removed at end
    u;//normally done by script, but just in case
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    7;//Computer Unit
    1;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    Energy Unit Salvaged.;//
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    12;//Energy Unit
    1;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    Long Metal Rod Salvaged.;//
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    8;// occurs if random # is zero
    2;// range, 1=50%, 2=33%, 3=25%, etc
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    6;//Long Metal Rod
    1;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    Motion Detector salvaged.;//replace with what was salvaged
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    29;//motion detector
    1;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    Spare Parts Salvaged.;// One
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    2;// range,
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    1004;//Spare Parts
    1;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    Spare Parts Salvaged.;// Two
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    3;// range, 1=50%, 2=33%, 3=25%, etc
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    1004;//Spare Parts
    2;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;------- END OF ALL TURRETs ------
    Particle Accelerator Salvaged.;//-- START OF NON-LASER --
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    18;//Particle Accel
    1;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    Glass Tube Salvaged.;//
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    79;//Glass Tube
    1;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;--------- END OF NON LASER ---------
    A Bullet Salvaged.;//--------- START OF MG AMMO ---------
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    72;//Bullets
    1;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    Some Bullets Salvaged.;//
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    72;//Bullets
    2;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    72;//Bullets
    4;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    72;//Bullets
    8;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    3;// range, 1=50%, 2=33%, 3=25%, etc
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    72;//Bullets
    16;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;
    A Lot of Bullets Salvaged.;//
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    4;// range, 1=50%, 2=33%, 3=25%, etc
    0;// not used
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//give item
    72;//Bullets
    32;//quantity
    0;//to main inventory
    0;//not used
    end_effects;------ END OF MG AMMO --------
    none;// Salvage Completed
    use.wav;//sound
    1;//removes item
    -1;//no quick key
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    end_of_file;
    #
    bwansy 15 years ago
    Here's something I wrote after playing ver. 0.95. It's written for people who are new (but not quite new) to Werivar Expansion mod, just for fun. Veteran players can read it, too, just in case you haven't tried this before.

I am sure most players must be very annoyed by those endlessly-spamming super-enemies (snipers, dire reapers and battledroids) in Werivar and Werivar Expansion which render some areas impassible. Their population should have been restricted by script, but somehow it doesn't work. Although we had the all-mighty, insta-kill warp-drill gun, in the recent versions of Werivar Expansion, namely, v.0.9 onwards, its damage had been reduced significantly. When facing a single Dire Reaper, a dual barrel pistol does way better. So, we're basically back to the good'ol days: being chased by herds of DR or dodging torrents of sniper rounds instead of clearing those severely overpowered enemies in mere seconds. So what to do now? If you can't beat them, play with them! (Don't join them ;P) Let me introduce the Art of Dire Reaper Herding!

1. Items Required
    What you need is an upgraded hover-bike (the one with pulse laser), for several reasons: it's fast, it has high HP, and you can fire laser indefinitely without draining your energy. A biomass detector, or even better, a powered array detector, is also necessary. It allows you to know exactly where your enemies are which is crucial to the process.

2. Gathering a Herd
    Alright, let's get going. First, rush towards the herd of Dire Reapers while firing your laser, then, with the help of your detector, drive around the herd. (This surely looks reckless, but don't worry, the bike can survive for about 15 seconds even when it's completely surrounded by DRs. ) This will arouse every one of them, causing them to pursue you.

3. Driving the Herd
    Now you have control of the herd, you can lead them to wherever you want. But don't just go straight, or you're prone to leave many behind, for they'll lose interest after a while, and also because your bike is much faster than them. Instead, run exactly like a sheepdog, in order to keep every one of them angry. Meanwhile, you can also lead other stray DRs to join the herd. Remember, keep your laser on.

4. Traveling Across Borders. Now you have reached the border with some 40 DRs behind you. How you make sure that all of them can follow you to the other side? Simple. Stop, and let them surround you. As I mentioned before, you can survive about 15 seconds, so don't worry. Now cross the border.

5. Clash!
    Now you're in the region infested with snipers and/or battledroids (though DRs are not quite good against battledroids). Lead your herd near them, and when it's close enough fot the DRs to see them while you're still at a safe distance, drive straight towards the them, and go pass them. The DRs will be distracted by snipers while you flee to a safe distance and enjoy the show.

6. Aftermath
    What will leave behind is a pile of precious sniper and DR corpses. In case you don't know, DR corpses restore 100 health, and sniper corpses give you 20 sniper bullets , which otherwise have to be obtained by the painstaking process of combining them one by one. (I'm not going to spoil how to make them, although almost everyone should know by now) Don't worry about the surviving DRs, they will stay there to clean up snipers that pop out. That's killing three birds with one stone.

7. Things to remember
    Sometimes a large group of snipers (15 or above) can wipe out a herd of 30 Dire Reapers, so if you see a large group of green dots on the map, better prepare more than 50 DRs.
    Always keep your laser on for maximum efficiency.
    Don't get off the bike at any time or you're dead. You won't have time to take out your warp drill gun.

There are some other things that I find annoying as well. I hate it when creatures are spawning in a "wrong" regions, e.g. dire reapers in Eden or battledroids in jungle areas. It completely ruins the feel of these areas. Is there a way to fix this?
    Also, Psionic Blast hurts oneself. Last time I checked, it doesn't in default Notrium.

Despite these, it's still my favourite mod. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have bothered to write all these.
    #
    Nocture17 15 years ago
    I'm alive, just confronted with some offline concerns, as well as feeling a bit overwhelmed by the enormity of the task I set myself (apparently I am a masochist). I'm still plodding along on the project here and there.

In the meantime, I'm working on another mini-project, which I may very well end up using the Notrium engine for, and if I do, rest assured I'll put it up here to help tide you over.
    #
    Gregg 15 years ago
    Just started playing again and I had an idea for the Alien character. She could have some sort of scent marker (urine or the equivilent in an alien) that she could spray and leave a dot on the map (similar to a light beacon).

It would be helpful to mark locations of fires and items you've dropped. It was just an idea, so use it if you want .
    #
    Idiota 15 years ago
    That /is/ kind of cool, I admit.
    #
    Curudan 15 years ago
    Erm, looking through the plot objects i have noticed something very strange.
    The dire reaper spawner meant to be placed in the map editor has a weird condition.

Spawner: Dire Reaper;//name---------------------------------------
    158;//identifier
    0;//map type to place to -1=any map 0=> type from areas.dat
    0;//plot_object class
    0;//object definition number
    0;//number of objects to be placed
    0;//location type, 0=random, 1=distance min(parameter1) max(parameter2) from player start, 2=distance min(parameter1) max(parameter2) from object parameter0, 3=coordinates [parameter0, parameter1] (0=min, 1=max) vary location=parameter2
    0.000000;//location parameter0
    0.000000;//location parameter1
    0.000000;//location parameter2
    0;//show on radar 0=does not show, 1=show on scanner, 2=show even without scanner
    none;//radiate sound
    -1.000000;//time to delete object in milliseconds, -1=don't delete
    4;//trigger event by 0=player click, 1=player near, 2=near or click, 3=map creation (try to avoid any creature specific effects when using this, also does not check conditions), 4=interval parameter1
    20000;//trigger event parameter1
    begin_effects_block;
    none;//event text
    2;//vanishes after event, 0=no, but cannot be reused, 1=vanishes, 2=no, and can be reused
    begin_conditions;
    8;//condition
    10.000000;//condition parameter0
    0.000000;//condition parameter1
    15;//condition
    500.000000;//condition parameter0
    1.000000;//condition parameter1
    30;//condition
    5.000000;//condition parameter0
    115.000000;//condition parameter1
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    10;//effect number
    115.000000;//parameter1
    2.000000;//parameter2
    -1.000000;//parameter3
    -1.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;

Right here:
    30;//condition
    5.000000;//condition parameter0
    115.000000;//condition parameter1

It checks if there are less than 115 queen brown aliens in the map, is this intentional?
    #
    Gregg 15 years ago
    A few posts back someone mentioned a pulse gun hover bike ( something liek that, I can't find it again though) And I was wondering how I can make it?

EDIT:

Never mind: I found out how, see below for info:

In order to upgrade the hoverbike you must drop a power prism, a robot wreckage, a pulse laser pistol and a enhanced power armor near it, all at the same time.
    #
    Gregg 15 years ago
    I think a double post is necassry for this, as it is a different subject.

I am playing the mod (obviusly). Anyway I have an inpenatrable base in teh East Hive. I ask two things:
    A) Where do I get the HomeBase Keycard.
    B) How do I built the flamer turret, I found two and would like another please.

Thanks in advance, Gregg.
    #
    Curudan 15 years ago
    "Gregg" said:
    A) Where do I get the HomeBase Keycard.
    The homebase keycard is:in the marine base.

"Gregg" said:
    B) How do I built the flamer turret, I found two and would like another please.

Combine an advanced turret base:Omni light + Turret base
    With an advanced flame thrower:Flame thrower + Powered particle accelerator
    Omni light:Glass marble + Light diode
    #
    Gregg 15 years ago
    LOL, thanks I have ariound 25 in total now (3 home made )

I just got pwned when I decided to go through the hive hunting. My base is in the East hive.
    So, here I was, me and an Android hunting for brown aliens (that reminds me, I need to get the baby egg). When we leave the area for a second to heal. I comeback in and BAM!There was machine gun turrets and those sniper people. I love this thing. It's like, once you have a base and turrets you are fine. Dire reapers are easily killed, but if these guys decided to come to the E hive, I think I would get killed. Me and my team.

So, I was just wondering, what other cool things are there?
    And do these guys have a story/ reason for been here/ some cool facts stuff?

Thanks.
    #
    EnigmaniteZ 14 years ago
    Add a power for the psionic:
    Spatial Displacement
    Effect: makes psionic disappear for as long as item is equipped.
    It's simple, but it can make a big difference in the gameplay.
    Make an item and add a script like this:

Spatial Displacement Effect;//name
    #Script ID#;//id
    1;//run without calling
    0;//call position
    0;//calling creature
    200;//run every n milliseconds
    none;//message, none for no msg
    0;//message type
    0;//delay script for n secs after condition met
    0;//disabled after first use
    begin_conditions;
    11;//condition
    #Item ID#.000000;//condition parameter1
    0.000000;//condition parameter2
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    54;//effect number
    200.000000;//parameter1
    0.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;

Attach energy requirements as you see fit.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    I dont think thats how that effect works... could be wrong though!
    #
    Nocture17 14 years ago
    I'm afraid I've bad news folks.

Upon returning home from the US to my home nation, which has a 240V power supply instead of the US 100-somethingV supply.

I, like an idiot, forgot to switch my computer from US-voltage settings to UK-voltage settings, and plugged it in, frying it quite thoroughly. All my mod notes, images, plans, and all the renovations of the .dat files I'd been (slowly) working on are/were on it. I've tried a new PSU to no avail, so there's a very good chance I've lost the harddrive and thusly everything to do with the mod.

On these grounds, every script, image and the entire mod itself to date are open to anyone who's interested in using them, I might work on it again, but it's not going to be for the foreseeable future (which is a fairly standard notrium mod state unfortunately, sorry about that).
    #
    seddo111 14 years ago
    if you do plan on working on it again, ill keep the files as they are in your last release.
    just in case
    #
    Altaris 14 years ago
    Where can I find a glass tube? There's no mention of where to find items anywhere in the forums. However, there was one post about someone finding a glass tube in the VC Mining Area, which I believe means the Mining Fields. However, I've been searching everywhere in the field, dying several times in the process, and there's still no glass tube to be found.

Am I looking in the wrong area?
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Altaris" said:
    Where can I find a glass tube? There's no mention of where to find items anywhere in the forums. However, there was one post about someone finding a glass tube in the VC Mining Area, which I believe means the Mining Fields. However, I've been searching everywhere in the field, dying several times in the process, and there's still no glass tube to be found.

Am I looking in the wrong area?
    No, that's the right area. Just keep looking. It's a curved piece of translucent material, so you might not notice it when you see it.
    #
    Altaris 14 years ago
    Thanks, finally found that glass tube.

Got a few questions though.

1. What can take out those huge robots in the missile base? Dual pistol doesn't do anything except scratch it.

2. Is there any armor stronger than enhanced power armor? I'm getting slaughtered by so many things in a single hit.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Altaris" said:
    1. What can take out those huge robots in the missile base? Dual pistol doesn't do anything except scratch it.
    There's a powerful warp-drill based weapon I can no longer remember how to make that can kill them from halfway across the map.
    #
    cakeman 14 years ago
    Does anyone have a link to the 0.95 Version, since the ones on page 1 are dead/
    #
    Anonymous1157 14 years ago
    MediaFire probably deleted the file since it has been inactive for years. If you can get another version of the mod to download, you'll just have to settle for that one. Alternatively, I once repackaged most of the mods in existence myself; you may be interested in those, instead. Linkage!

(If the link doesn't work for some reason, you can find it on the second page of The Mod Downloads Thread.)
    #
    cakeman 14 years ago
    Damn, cause I was hoping to play as the other race they added (cant remember its name).

EDIT : Found the latest version through a link in that thread you posted Thanks.
    #
    harwe 14 years ago
    Check my sig, I think I uploaded that version.
    #
    Anonymous1157 14 years ago
    ... Notwithstanding the fact that you may have indeed uploaded that version, signature blocks have been indefinitely disabled. You'll have to repost the link every time someone wants a certain mod.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Check his profile. The signature is in there.
    #
    Forum » The Werivar Expansion Mod.
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: