Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 3 - Return of the Angel
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 3 - Return of the Angel

Pete 17 years ago
    input detected(by.Nuklearni-okurka, 'Ehm guys can we talk without codes?')

$ say(by.Pete, 'No-other priorities than voice simulation and human language usage.')

No-other priorities than voice simulation and human language usage.

Translation to normal talk: No, its way too much fun.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    Well I kind of expected this round to turn out this way. Too dangerous of a player I am. ^^

Have fun playing people.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    So the only ones wanting to be sysop are Anarion and Shingo, am I right?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    $ exec urc(Murska);
    sayto('Murska','You are correct!');
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    [OT]
    "Zephyr" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Vacuus" said:
    {Heheh, I'm actualy tempted to go and turn this into a bot for posting on the forums...}
    Oh god, no! Don't encourage bot-based posting!
    You'd better capitalize that "G" before E_net4 pounces on it. And yeah, I wouldn't make a bot. Unless you could like trick it into saying something retarded like SmarterChild on MSN. Or like if it said "YOUR HEAD A SPLODE", or "DIAMOND GET", or like measure everything in plurals like "YOU HAVE ONE NEW MESSAGES", or basically anything to do with bad grammar. Heh.

That said, I really don't have anything constructive to post at all. So yeah.
    I don't make those kind of bots, and my mirc bot is lazy.
    Also, start posting something NOT-USELESS like annoying me or just offtopicness, because that sucks.[/OT]

...What was the last day again?
    Oh, 13.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    So... when is the "daytime" over? I think everyone's done everything they can until something new happens.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Amarth DID say it'll be next Caturday.
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    I'm going to go out on a whimb and vote for Anarion (for Mayor), as, chances are, if he's a human, others would be voting for him as well.

I'll abstain from lynch voting, ATM, as I'm still not too certain who 'fits the bill'.{Alas, it is too late for the bot-thing.Look out for a perma forum bot that can handle different commands, and is capable of posting a message here}
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    I'm going to go out on a whimb and vote for Anarion (for Mayor), as, chances are, if he's a human, others would be voting for him as well.
    Hmmm. Good point. Whatever, I'll vote Anarion for Mayor.

"Vacuus" said:
    {Alas, it is too late for the bot-thing.Look out for a perma forum bot that can handle different commands, and is capable of posting a message here}
    I'm sorry? What was that?

(Patronising smilie -----> :wink
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Thanks for the support Vacuus.

And I shall also abstain from the lynch vote. (damn indecisive Aussies )
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    chances are, if he's a human, others would be voting for him as well.
    $ perl
    MSDOS.echo("...What the hell kind of logic is that? Why would people be more likely to vote for a Human sysop candidate than a User sysop candidate? 0_o");
    __END__
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    First Newton-Raphson iteration...Completed.
    Dumping current estimators for function 'sysop':

Anarion: 4
    Shingo: 6 (*)

(*) Current best candidate

Starting second iteration...

EDIT: no-one chosen yet... Just posting the current state of affairs. Sorry for any miscount, it's becoming quite messy here. I really need to find a better system for my bookkeeping.

Anyway, I'm not disclosing any names yet, nor am I disclosing the lynching votes. There's still about 6 days left.
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago

>>>import msdos
    >>>msdos.connect(Vacuus, ****)
    >>>msdos.echo("Think about it. If the humans wanted to be mayor (which they should), they would be better off nominating the same person, and each giving decisive arguments/following another. This way, the chanced are higher that they'll get there choice. In this way, if there's a small number of candidates, the person with lower votes **could** be a better option, if you are a user.")
    >>>msdos.disconnect()
    >>>quit

Thus:
    Think about it. If the humans wanted to be mayor (which they should), they would be better off nominating the same person, and each giving decisive arguments/following another. This way, the chanced are higher that they'll get there choice. In this way, if there's a small number of candidates, the person with lower votes **could** be a better option, if you are a user.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    But you must also consider the number of humans, which is probably 3-4.
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    Ahh, but we don't know that
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    I think i will not speak in this discusion very much because those codes
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    $ echo("Your loss...");
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    I think i will not speak in this discusion very much because those codes

You can speak as much as you want, not in code. That and the people often tell what the code means, not that it ain't obvious anyway. Of course, unless you just needed an excuse to not post, concealing your possible humanity. You hunam!*

*An intended typo. You should know where it's from.
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    Hey, I'm going somewhere for 8 days as of tomorrow, so I won't be able to vote/post whatever for, well, about 9 days. But that shouldn't effect the game too much, seeing as day and night are so long. Yay!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Zephyr" said:
    seeing as day and night are so long.
    $ perl
    MSDOS.echo("TOO long, in my opinion... >.>");
    __END__
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    I second that sentiment. I believe something was mentioned about making shorter night/day cycles in the werewolf 2 thread? I'd like to propose to everyone participating in this game , that we shorten the day-night cycles effective as soon as we can agree on what length we'd like them. Perhaps a simple majority vote being the decision-maker is what I'd like.
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    No, I think a week is good. It gives folks a chance to check in if they're busy with there lives.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    Don't shift the attention from the game. Continue playing, arguing can happen after the game.
    #
    Fnukk 17 years ago
    Are we allowed not to lynch? cause then the werewolf has less chance to win , that we actually are more likely lynch villager then wolfs. which makes the game unfair.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    $ echo("If we won't lynch, the hunams will delete us all, one by one. Simple as that.");
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    I think he meant if he can not vote to lynch,and if there will be no votes, no one gets lynched?

Anyway, were there any lynching votes yet?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    $ reply('Pete','Nope. Just them abstaining decisions.');
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    You can abstain from voting, yes. If EVERYONE abstains, there will be no lynching. I'd like to see your calculations that show it'll give the AIs an advantage not to lynch, though.

I already have 8 votes for lynching registered, by the way. Probably not all of them are final.

Those that want to end the day ASAP, may I point out that by waiting, you won't win? Well, you might if you play the right role. In the previous games, at the time you could draw conclusions from the lynching patterns, it was too late.
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    In the previous games, at the time you could draw conclusions from the lynching patterns, it was too late.
    That last paragraph was confusing. If you mean what I think you mean, then maybe you should make it so people HAVE to post their votes on the thread, rather than PMing you? Because that's what normally happens.

Oh, yeah, turns out I CAN get internet access up here. Too bad I asked to be replaced in my another WW game I was playing...
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    "Zephyr" said:
    If you mean what I think you mean, then maybe you should make it so people HAVE to post their votes on the thread, rather than PMing you?
    No. That would only lead to a race near the end of the day, when everyone keeps looking what happens, who posts what, changes votes, ... Not fair to people who are not online at that moment. Votes become public, anyway. I also like the ability to post one thing in the thread, but PM something entirely else. It allows for more serious abuse.

What I meant is that you should search other ways of uncovering the evildoers. Trick them into saying wrong things. Organize yourselves. You cannot trust them - why should they trust you? Or perhaps the other way around. Perhaps you can find someone to trust. Perhaps you should just trust someone, without reasoning. After all, chances that you pick a Human are smaller than 50% and the payoff could be big.

Take risks. It's only a game, what can you lose? It's a lot more fun that way.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    The things you both commented on got me thinking. Many of the players have chosen who to manipulate and who to publicly accuse because of the way they stated why they voted, if they voted via the thread at all. Language skills are really important in this game, and nobody wants to (Or even knows how, myself included) hack the PM database and fish out PMs just to have some material to make an educated guess with. That IS what everyone's doing, isn't it?

Also, there have been a few players who voted early during the virtual-day, so I don't think everyone has to vote at exactly the same time.
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    Indeed, Anonymous it is possible to hack PM's, there's even an Admin plugin that does such, otherwise SQL.

Still, however, I think it is too early in game to vote for a lynch, as doing so might just as well remove a user.
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    Let me hypothesize: Could Vacuus be a human?

Reasoning: Why would a user (unless that user were foolish) suggest that we refrain from making a lynch? We have a chance to lynch a human if we proceed with the lynchings, albeit a poor one, but a chance nonetheless. Since you seem to be suggesting that we have not been able to infer anything useful from the death of Idiota (Aer) the first night, what would then change the second night? Are you proposing that the users wait around to be deleted one by one? Would you have us wait until we are found/find the seer and then wait for the seer to find the humans for us? Every night that goes by the number of users will decrease, lessening our chances of assembling enough votes to lynch a human when we should locate one. Indeed, that is what happened near the end of last game, if memory serves. When it's down to four people, and the previous mayor was killed the prior night, assuming there is two evildoers left the evildoers have then won the game.

I conclude that we must take action while there is still time for action to be taken. The longer we wait the less innocents remain.

There is, however, as you point out, the danger of lynching a fellow innocent. To avoid this eventuality, is why we have communication. As Amarth suggested, it is not a bad idea to attempt to catch fellow players in a lie and then infer that due to said lie, one may reasonably assume that said player is a human.
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    Ehm guys, iss now the sysop voting or not?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    $ reply('Nuk','Both SysOp and deletion votings are currently taking place. The results will be revealed at the end of the day.');
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 3 - Return of the Angel
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: