Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Problem with Notrium and other games

Problem with Notrium and other games

Tobias116 17 years ago
HI!! This is my first post and topic at this forum.... i'm new so sorry if i post this in the wrong place....

My games just stop running including Notrium.... i have tried to re install my hard-drive (windows) and deleted everything on my computer.... But it still doesn't work... It only works if I save between 2-5 minutes. The D*** "Send" and "Don't Send" message is still coming up!

And i've re-installed Notrium like 4-5 times. And when I look in the technical report then it says its in the system files.. I JUST INSTALLED A NEW SET OF WINDOWS FOR *** ***** ******* AND ***********************************

(Hey don't think i'm reacting over normal 'cuz I post like my mind is like..... )
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
What are the specifications of your computer (mainly RAM, CPU and graphics card)?
#
Tobias116 17 years ago
Ram: 1276... or something like that. 1 256mb and 2 512mb
Graphic card: GeForce 6600

The computer is a Scaleo 600.... (thats cpu or??) So it's like 7 or 5 years old but we have been able to hold it in a good shape... CPU is like pentium 4 or.... i have no idea.... pentium 4 2,33 ghz
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
Ok. And what settings do you use for Notrium?
#
Tobias116 17 years ago
32 mb depht or something like that and 1024X768....
#
Anonymous1157 17 years ago
If your games "just stopped", and don't work even after you reinstall Windows (Which is guaranteed to fix everything that you didn't know was broken), then perhaps you recently installed a cheap app that dosen't work well. Perhaps you've overloaded your computer with such apps to the point that your computer says "OMGWTFBBO" and can't run anything else.

And what about hardware? Have you installed a USB peripheral lately?

How many background apps are you running? Count the little icons beside the clock in the taskbar. If you have more than nine or ten, your computer won't the only one who'll scream "OMGWTFBBQ".

We need more specific information on how exactly the game "Stop running". Did it crash and never work again? After doing everything else in this post, do you think you've figured out what broke it?
#
Amarth 17 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
How many background apps are you running? Count the little icons beside the clock in the taskbar. If you have more than nine or ten, your computer won't the only one who'll scream "OMGWTFBBQ".
Hey. I have 15 of them, with perhaps 2 considered unnecessary. Also, that's no indication of system stability. It only takes one process to destabilize everything. And spyware is not in the system tray usually.

Strange thing is that a complete Windows reinstall didn't even help. No specifics? You're not running Vista or something? You are running in administrator mode (no limited rights)? And about all your games are having trouble? No hardware problems? Graphics card especially?
#
"Amarth" said:
Hey. I have 15 of them, with perhaps 2 considered unnecessary. Also, that's no indication of system stability. It only takes one process to destabilize everything. And spyware is not in the system tray usually.
You're a special case, then. Most of my games run at the highest possible settings, so I really need the ~10mhz it would all take up. You're more of a developer, so I don't blame you, although, depending on what exactly is in your taskbar, I might have something that uses up less CPU time and does the same thing. This is not a joke.
#
Amarth 17 years ago
[OT]Yeah. You probably have something that takes up less CPU time than Boinc.
#
Tobias116 17 years ago
hmm i have like 3 task bar icons or 5... 1 is msn and the other is my usb disc.... but i think the problems started when i tried to use the "console" in Oblivion...(The elder scrolls 4 Oblivion) And how the game crashes, it just gets black and the like a pop up it comes up (i run an XP)

[Notrium has supported a problem and must be closed]

We have created a log file over the problem.

Technical information(click to see((in the message not here)))

"Don't send" "Send"

(NOTE: This message is translated directly from Swedish)
#
[OT]
"Amarth" said:
Yeah. You probably have something that takes up less CPU time than Boinc.
Holy crap, you're a voluntary global warming calculations server?
[/OT]
#
bhaskar 16 years ago
He there. I had the same problem initially. Turning off the sound solved it. Hope that helps
#
E_net4 16 years ago
Maybe not the person who had the problem, because this problem was posted 9 months ago.

Anyways, it might help someone.
#
erozaxx 12 years ago
My Notrium does not start at all. Firs it takes a hell a lotta time to get the first splashscreen after running the Notrium.exe (2 minutes) (the one with Play button) and then it just freezes and dont go further. I tried reinstallation into default folder. I tried switching off sound/music, I tried setting the windowed mode. Nothing helps.

Debug log looks fine, only theese few lines might be concerning the issue:
...Starting Release Graphics Engine
Focus Lost
Focus Lost
Finished Release Graphics Engine
Starting Uninitializing game
Starting Saving setup...

But I am not sure, cuz I do not know what exactly is the focus lost on.

My HW is strong enough to run this :
Lenovo T500,Core2 Duo 2,53GHz, 8GB RAM,

Maybe the problem is in the OS: Windows 7 64bit

Any ideas?
#
E_net4 12 years ago
Try running the game as an administrator.
#
Forum » Problem with Notrium and other games

Your email:
Your name: