Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Other games like notrium?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Other games like notrium?

AiletheAlien 20 years ago
    I got SS2 from a friend.
    You could probably get a copy really cheap somewhere in a bargain bin, or on eBay or some such.
    Failing that you could always just make your own game.

My goal is to make some really good OpenGL games before I graduate from university.
    I'll start this summer with one of those overhead, fighter jet, with-lots-of-powerups games.
    Once I get comfortable with OpenGL and C, I hope to start work on a 3D RPG game engine.
    #
    ville 20 years ago
    I should remind you that making a game engine is pointless unless you already are a professional game programmer. Making an engine requires a huge amount of knowledge. There are a lot of free game engines around, they're all just waiting for someone to make a game for them.
    #
    LunaticNeko 20 years ago
    I think I've found "Stranded" somewhere. Unfortunately, I can't read German.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    Well I've been playing a game recently and apparently it was originally on the PC, its called Arx Fatalis and it has some definite survival elements in it. Its currently on the Xbox and is definately not a bad idea to check out if you're looking for a fairly good open-ended rpg for that console. If you ever played and enjoyed Ultima Underworld you should definately dig it as it is very similar to that game especially.
    #
    superknijn 19 years ago
    Know it, but dont like it, a little too much hack and slash thing.
    (i like the alien in notrium because it RUNS FAST, not (solely)because it SLASHES FAST.)
    #
    cristallion 19 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    I recently found a game that is dangerously close to Notrium but in actual 3d, called Deus. You can find it on Underdogs. I only played it for like 30 minutes so I can't say how good it is overall, but it seems like it could be a really fantastic survival game. You'll find it on Underdogs as well as the game its the sequel to called Robinson's Requiem I believe, which was made 2 years before Deus was. Anyways I just thought I'd mention that you, I think you should try it as well Ville it might give you some ideas you had never thought of yet since it is definately in the vein of Notrium.

Oops this was already mentioned in the thread, sorry.. well try it anyways, it is survival as far as I can tell. :> Um and the first one is supposed to be torture to play so I didn't touch it lol.

Year alright but what is exactly the link to that page becaus i can't find it ops: help me please
    #
    synthetic 19 years ago
    The full version of UnReal World is well worth the money. The amount of stuff to do in that game is insane.
    #
    Crazy 19 years ago
    link, link, gimme a link!!!
    #
    Tyrian 19 years ago
    magecraft
    <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.the-underdogs.org">http://www.the-underdogs.org</a><!-- w -->

great game with camera being similar to notrium
    #
    cristallion 19 years ago
    can someone tell me where i can find deus and on a other site than underdogs cuz when you extract it you get a lot os errors
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    If you've got a broadband connection and a messenger you can pm me your SN and I'll send you the archive when I see you on slimtim. As far as I know my archive works perfectly. Just so you know Deus is a very un-user friendly game. I only suggest playing it as a way to see how Notrium might be in 3d.

The game itself isn't very enjoyable at all. Unless you find killing ugly yellow people fun.. There is supposedly alot to do in the game, like maybe fish, I just never got past the frustration of getting good with the interface to figure any of that stuff out. I played it several times about an hour each. Mind you those hour sessions were more like a masochistic treat than fun All in all if it had been executed better I'm sure it would of been an awesome game.

Currently it looks like it was made by someone who hates video games and the people who play them as it is more reminscent of a simulator's controls than an actual game. You'll see how problematic that can be once you get in your first fight in the game and you accidentally throw the weapon you wanted to attack with. Why ? Because by default you throw everything you are wielding.. special eh ? On the plus side there are some neat stuff, like the time of day does indeed change, you do get hungry, I believe hot and cold as well, though I forget.. If you throw something at a wall like a dagger or spear it will stick there. Remade with the Unreal engine it would probably kick butt, even the old one
    #
    LunaticNeko 19 years ago
    Well, any more survival games?

And should I change Notrium into an island instead to make it 'Robinson Crusoe-Survival' theme?
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    I don't remember whether it was mentioned in the topic already, but some game company is planning a survival game where you have to survive major catastrophes like the Titanic and various earthquakes. Sounds pretty cool to me. Anybody remember what company and game it was?
    #
    Neoecs 19 years ago
    "ville" said:
    I don't remember whether it was mentioned in the topic already, but some game company is planning a survival game where you have to survive major catastrophes like the Titanic and various earthquakes. Sounds pretty cool to me. Anybody remember what company and game it was?

The game is named "9-11 Survivor" and is made by some deutch company called selectparls: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://selectparks.net/911survivor/index.html">http://selectparks.net/911survivor/index.html</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    Interesting.. But it doesn't seem to have the other disasters Ville is talking about. Perhaps Ville is on too much acid and doesn't know what he read. Or it could be another game he was referring to.
    #
    Neoecs 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    Interesting.. But it doesn't seem to have the other disasters Ville is talking about. Perhaps Ville is on too much acid and doesn't know what he read. Or it could be another game he was referring to.

It's not done yet you know
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Maybe they cut them out, or I remember wrong.
    #
    Murska 19 years ago
    Can anybody tell me any combinations in stranded, I have grain, berries, pebbles, branches, healing plants and worms and none combines with each other. I can't find anything more!
    #
    burgerking 19 years ago
    "Thaimodz" said:
    Copy some of the text and send it to me via PM. I Know this is really late but better late then never.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    @Murska: Try searching around some trees to find some branches, those tend to be very useful.
    #
    Murska 19 years ago
    I have branches, now I even found one two lianas, and made slingshot and fishing rod, but it was boring as I could not do anything else.
    #
    LunaticNeko 19 years ago
    "burgerking" said:
    "Thaimodz" said:
    Copy some of the text and send it to me via PM. I Know this is really late but better late then never.

You're too late. Unreal Software released English version.
    #
    cristallion 19 years ago
    is this thread dead
    #
    Pete 19 years ago
    "cristallion" said:
    is this thread dead

Dead... a little... well, OTHER survival games?
    #
    Guest (guest) 12 years ago
    one word Albion..
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Guest (guest) said:
    one word Albion..
    I think you're going to need a few more words to justify bumping a 6 year old thread.

Especially since Albion is the name of a place, not a game.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Still, your post should have been more informative.

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    Anonymous1157 12 years ago
    I too was about to make some remark about bumping an old thread, but A) we changed forum formats on purpose, partially so that thread necromancy is somewhat irrelevant, and B) the game actually looks kinda fun. Also, catwoman titties. (Yes, really. Check some screenshots of the game.)
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Is it anything like Notrium then?
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    Some clarification in regards to the Thief game series: Thief 3 _is_ a game that exists (going by Thief: Deadly Shadows, the PC version still being sold on Steam), and the game under development would be Thief 4 (or Thi4f, if I recall the silly title correctly).

Of course you might be pulling a similar thing with Thief as a lot of people do with Deus Ex (denouncing an installment from even existing for being too far removed from the original, or just for being that awful a game), but I digress.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    Albion is not even Notrium-like. It's an isometric RPG with first person dungeon crawler parts. Good game, mostly because of the interesting setting, but not really like Notrium.

Also Grim, I think 6 years ago Thief 3 didn't exactly exist yet.. *looks up* it was released in 2004. Darnit.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    Amarth said:
    Also Grim, I think 6 years ago Thief 3 didn't exactly exist yet.. *looks up* it was released in 2004. Darnit.
    Whoops, didn't notice this was an old thread due to the way threads are displayed in the new system (only showing when the latest post was posted in the forum view), and I didn't think to look at the post times on individual posts. Pardon for the little mix-up.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Grim Reaper said:
    Amarth said:
    Whoops, didn't notice this was an old thread due to the way threads are displayed in the new system (only showing when the latest post was posted in the forum view), and I didn't think to look at the post times on individual posts. Pardon for the little mix-up.
    I had a similar problem until I got further down the first page, hence why my post didn't include a complaint about the Thief 3 thing.

Also, System Shock 2 is still awesome, after all these years. Booyah.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    MageKing17 said:
    Also, System Shock 2 is still awesome, after all these years. Booyah.

I concur!
    #
    Forum » Other games like notrium?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: