Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The NEW Official Chatroom
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The NEW Official Chatroom

MageKing17 17 years ago
    Okay, so we talked to some of you about an upcoming server switch.

It has occurred.

Our new home of residence is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="irc://irc.criten.net/MonkkonenChat">irc://irc.criten.net/MonkkonenChat</a><!-- m --> , or for the rest of you, connect to irc.criten.net and join #MonkkonenChat.

Ops are Idiota, Zombie, and myself, half-ops (yes, we have half-ops now) are just Grimsy right now, but that's because we haven't gotten everyone to switch over and join yet.

So come on over, and remember that the irc.blitzed.org channels are being abandoned.

EDIT: Those of you without your own IRC client can access the channel from here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://grimsy.googlepages.com/MonkIRC.html">http://grimsy.googlepages.com/MonkIRC.html</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    I'm half the op I used to be.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Odd...

It says firefox doesn't know how to open this address...

Fixie teh linky please?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Here be corrected one:
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="irc://irc.criten.net/MonkkonenChat">irc://irc.criten.net/MonkkonenChat</a><!-- m -->
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Fixed. Can you blame me?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Fixed. Can you blame me?
    Yes, yes I can.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    And it still says this:

Edit: Eh? It came out flucking small... guess you'll have to click it >.>
    #
    LunaticNeko 17 years ago
    Use proper IRC app. Or if you just want it the basic way, install the ChatZilla add-on.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    You mean I have to install an ADD-ON?!!

*gasps and dies due to heart attack*

...I really wanted to keep my firefoxie pure (without add-ons) and fast.

Guess I'm going to need one just to talk to you guys >.<
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Hang on, I'm-a get you a Web IRC client thingy...

EDIT: This'll take a while, 'cos I'm-a be going to rip the Web IRC thingy from one website and plant it on my own site.

Mostly because the connection parameters box has it's texts in Finnish.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Why don't you download mIRC?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Why don't you download mIRC?
    XChat > mIRC.

Besides, he might be on a compy not belonging to him, or he might not have the priviliges to install anything.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Add-Ons have to be installed too.
    And give me all the facts that say "XChat > mIRC".
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Add-Ons have to be installed too.
    And give me all the facts that say "XChat > mIRC".
    For example, XChat is available COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE.

And it's Open Source.

And genuinely easier to configure.

EDIT: Ok, the client is up!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://grimsy.googlepages.com/MonkIRC.html">http://grimsy.googlepages.com/MonkIRC.html</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    @Madgamer: Vanilla Firefox is slow. This sounds stupid, but I'm absolutely sure that you don't have Fasterfox, which has a setting that gets data so fast that it puts a strain on servers.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    @Madgamer: Vanilla Firefox is slow. This sounds stupid, but I'm absolutely sure that you don't have Fasterfox, which has a setting that gets data so fast that it puts a strain on servers.
    I don't have Fasterfox either. Mostly because I'm having slight problems with Firefox as is.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Well, why do you keep using it?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Because it's the best.

Besides, the problems are caused by my computer, not Firefox.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Because it's the best.

Are you sure?
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Because it's the best.

Are you sure?
    My internets adaptorz are fuxxorz, so I can confirm that Firefox has hardware-related problems.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Unless run on a Linux, rite?
    #
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Unless run on a Linux, rite?
    Actually, my adaptor has no Linux driver, and I have to compile this Windows Driver API utility to use the driver I have for Windows on Linux, which never works for me no matter what it is I have to compile.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    For example, XChat is available COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE.

I think my mIRC trial period expired 4 years ago...
    #
    Zombie 17 years ago
    Yeah, mIRC is pretty much free. "Buying" it just means you give a donation to the guy that made it.

It's a clever trick he's pulling... Making people think they have to pay when people who have had mIRC for over 30 days know they don't.
    #
    "Zombie" said:
    It's a clever trick he's pulling... Making people think they have to pay when people who have had mIRC for over 30 days know they don't.
    ... You don't?

OH MY GOD THAT SON OF A-- Yea. You get the point. Good thing I deemed it useless the minute I saw the trial period. No, wait, I think it was another IRC thing... Whatever.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    "Zombie" said:
    I wonder... I'm not going to test it (XChat >> mIRC), but what happens after 30 days? It's not the usual shareware arrangement?
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    You have to wait about 6 seconds before you can continue from the menu.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    And it keeps free forever!

So, when are we going to improve our chatroom bot?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    So, when are we going to improve our chatroom bot?
    We? Never. Idiota? When he feels like it.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    And it keeps free forever!
    There is a difference between being allowed to use and being able to use. A working program is not the same as a legal program. I don't know about mIRC, but shareware usually doesn't grant you any right of usage after the evaluation period. Whether the program still works or not is irrelevant.

That's why I asked - it might be that, after 30 days, the program just says 'hey, whatever, I was just joking about that limit and yes, you can use me for free for the rest of your life'. However, I highly doubt it . The (oh-so Web 1.0) website also doesn't say too much about precise legal terms, on one part, you are merely encouraged to donate, on another part, you must pay.

So, away with it I say .
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    That's why I asked - it might be that, after 30 days, the program just says 'hey, whatever, I was just joking about that limit and yes, you can use me for free for the rest of your life'. However, I highly doubt it .

Dont. It will work just fine.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    This guy TOTALLY typed out how I feel 'bout mIRC.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bash.org/?716573">http://www.bash.org/?716573</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    I'm completely (not exactly, but hey ) new to this IRC stuff and I don't even know how to get to my account now :'{

I made my nick and a password and used to /login command in this order (this IS how you do it is it?): /login nick password.

Nothing happened. When I first came into the room I was known as Monk8 something something and changed my nick to Madgamer. Now all I wanna know is how to get in with my account on. Wiki is either totally unhelpful to me or just too cluttered.

Oh ya, and I also got the XChat thing but dunno how to use it.
    #
    You either need to activate it via the email you got, or use /msg nickserv IDENTIFY [password]. I really don't remember if there was an email.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Thankies, I just found out how to get that little bugger working.

Now I just need to know what the XChat is for...

Oh yeah, how do you change your description thingie? If you hover your mouse over me, it'll just say I'm a Monkkonen Forumer. I don't want to be known as that. I'm mainly about originality and just for the heck of it stuff.
    #
    Forum » The NEW Official Chatroom
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: