Register
Email: Password:
Forum » My trip to the Showcase Theatre

My trip to the Showcase Theatre

Quanrian 17 years ago
It's not often I go see concerts, like almost never, but last night was one of those exceptions. I'd like to share some of the bands I saw since some of them were pretty impressive. My ears are still ringing, but I had a damn good time. Originally I was just going to see one band, New Years Day, but a few others impressed themselves upon me as well. Later, if I get the pic that was taken of me there, I'll post it here. Without further delay here's some links to a few of the bands I saw.

New Years Day

Cavil At Rest

Bison White

Casket Salesmen

If you own an Ipod (even though they're evil), I know at least New Years Day has music on iTunes.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
It's all about that effin' myspace nowadays...
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
It's all about that effin' myspace nowadays...

I wont say I support myspace, but you can't stop pop culture and myspace is VERY pop culture these days. I can't tell you how many people 'in person' have asked me for my myspace page, to which I tend to reply I don't have one. I than follow it with a rant on how I think myspace is the root of all that is evil.

Anywho, I'll probably have to get one at one point, if for no other reason to help advertise Cormoon. Still it doesn't detract from the bands themselves, who are worth checking out, at least in passing. They've all got their own sound and one might catch your ear.

-edit-

Did anyone like any of these bands, at all ? I'm just curious, since the only interest in this thread was the fixation on them being on myspace. Feel free to post any Indy bands 'you' might like as well, since that's sort of the point of this thread. Indy bands really don't get much exposure.
#
Amarth 17 years ago
Not bad, but not special either...

I kinda like Deerhoof, if that's still indy. That +81 song is pretty sweet. Choochoochoochoobeepbeep!

I got a recommendation for Shooglenifty a couple of days ago, and hell, it rocks indeed.

I'm also pretty much into a couple of Belgian bands, but if you don't speak Dutch, there's not too much to enjoy, I think . Besides, they're hardly indy - they were a couple of years ago, but now mainstream has discovered them and they'll probably become bad.
#
Anarion 17 years ago
I really like Karnivool. They're a fairly new heavy metal band from right here in Western Australia.
#
Forum » My trip to the Showcase Theatre

Your email:
Your name: