Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf Setting - Discussion and Poll
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf Setting - Discussion and Poll

MageKing17 14 years ago
    The CWV is much more interesting than the Vigilante. Alternatively, we could always go for whichever role (assassin?) was the one that kills one of their attackers when killed at night. With the CWV, everyone basically wants them to either A) be killed at night, or B) be lynched only when they know who one of the wolves is. Even the Wolves usually want to kill the CWV at night, so both sides are wary of them. With the Assassin(?), however, you get the wolves wanting to lynch him instead of killing him, and the villagers wanting them to get attacked at night.

Hmm. On second thought, it's a role that the villagers still want to die at night, just for a different reason.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    Well, my personal favourite game must be 2 ofcourse, for obvious reasons. Playing as the cupid couple really requires a different way of thinking, as you have to be far more manipulative to succeed. Escpecially in the conclusion, the chances of people finding out that you're the couple are extremely high, so it did add a lot more tension to the game.

But for others it might not seem such an attractive game at all, which is understandable, since a lot of the scheming happened behind the scenes. If you want to understand the game, you have to know it's conclusions before reading the progress.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    In case a Werewolf game is going to start, I'd like to join up.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    Eff it, I'm in.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Two more for 9 players!

As for the info: I will post a few 3D rendered images during the game that allow you to understand the environment your're in. They aren't good, stop expecting anything epic.
    #
    Anarion 14 years ago
    You can count me in too.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    I propose that lynch votes are to be posted in red and in the thread, to promote in-thread accusations, discussion and such. Also, if someone doesn't vote at all in a few(2? 3?) game days, he's autolynched out of the game.

These are rules from another forum where I've played the game, they seem to work pretty well. In a 9-player game autolynches could have a lot of effect, but inactive players still affecting the outcome...
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    I don't agree with that. I think it's perfectly all right if someone is away for 2 or 3 days: Some people are just that busy, even in vacations. As a werewolf things are different of course, but even if all but one werewolf are absent, they should still be able to perform nicely.

I do not see how making your lynch vote in red encourages in-thread accusations. How do you think it will affect the game?
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    It allows people to see who are bandwagoning, forces people to give more reasoning for their points and allows people to defend themselves against bandwagons.

And being gone three game-days in a row is like what, 10 days or so real-time, I'm sure you can post in the thread 'Sorry, I'll be away for a while, don't autolynch me.' Unless you really lose internet for weeks at a time without any prior warning whatsoever, in which case maybe forum games aren't really so good for you.

EDIT: Oh, the red? That's just for the narrator's convenience to count the votes more easily.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    And being gone three game-days in a row is like what, 10 days or so real-time, I'm sure you can post in the thread 'Sorry, I'll be away for a while, don't autolynch me.' Unless you really lose internet for weeks at a time without any prior warning whatsoever, in which case maybe forum games aren't really so good for you.
    You really should've said "weeks" instead of "game days" to avoid confusions.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Murska" said:
    You really should've said "weeks" instead of "game days" to avoid confusions.

Indeed. :p In that case I agree. But posting in red only complicates things, as there are allways people who forget, and they'll get looked over, and in the end it's caused more harm than it's done good.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Well, the votes in-thread should be clearly marked as to avoid miscounts and such.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    It is a good idea indeed. Let red mark the lynch votes and some other colour of your choice for mayor votes.

Also, we need one more player. Anonymous1157?
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Also, to avoid confusion, non-colored votes should be ignored.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    That is exactly what I was trying to prevent. :/ But ah well, guess people should just post in red or phail. :p I don't mind.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    That is exactly what I was trying to prevent. :/ But ah well, guess people should just post in red or phail. :p I don't mind.
    So be it. I will warn you about that in the possibly up-coming game thread.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    You have a few weeks to sign up. We should really get started before September.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    *Totally signs up.*
    September, huh. Sounds like distant future to me :3
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    You don't have to sign up more than once.

The following people are signed up:
    - Amarth
    - Murska
    - Narvius
    - MageKing17
    - Zankman
    - Anarion
    - Grim Reaper
    - Idiota
    And I need a solid "Aye" from Pete before adding him to the list.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    I need a new HD for mah brain. I already forgot I did >.> Well. A pretty solid list compared to the recent forum non-activity.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Hm. When's this startin'?
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    I told you. We need one more player.
    #
    Anarion 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "Murska" said:
    Doesn't look like you're getting one more though.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "Murska" said:
    Doesn't look like you're getting one more though.
    You've got that right. You have failed me.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Pete goddamnit!
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Pete goddamnit!
    Wha who when wha why whoa! *crash*

Right. This forum still has that e-mail "new posts" thing, right? If so, Im in.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "Murska" said:
    Pete goddamnit!
    Wha who when wha why whoa! *crash*

Right. This forum still has that e-mail "new posts" thing, right? If so, Im in.
    Yesh, this forum board thingamajig does have the setting to notify users on new posts in a watched thread.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    We have them players. The game will start next Saturday, if you don't mind.

The definite list of players:

- Amarth
    - Murska
    - Narvius
    - MageKing17
    - Zankman
    - Anarion
    - Grim Reaper
    - Idiota
    - Pete

The definite list of classes:

- Villager
    - Werewolf
    - Seer
    - Guardian
    - Cupid
    - Aer
    - CWV
    - Vote For Mayor also ON.

I will create a new topic, most probably in the morning or at night (I've yet to think of that). All times will be GMT (that's Finland's mean time minus 2 hours).
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    I hope that's not too many classes for nine players... I can't remember what the ratio of players-with-classes:villagers ratio was in previous games.

(Of course, it's better than playing with WolfBot, where everyone has a special class, because there's always so few players. )
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    There might be a bit too many classes, but I'm sticking to them. I have settled the ratio of 1 by 4 werewolves, so that leaves us with 2 werewolves and 2 persons with no special perks. If you do not agree with this ratio, do tell me.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    Posting here in hopes of attracting Pete's attention to the NEW WEREWOLF GAME ALREADY IN PROGRESS that he happens to be a part of.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    He actually read the initial PM, I suppose. But there's no activity coming from him.
    Seriously, if you're to play WW, then you must play it. What's the point of just saying Yes just to make me start this game when 9 active players were requested?
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    Sorry bout that, guys. ops:
    #
    Zankman 14 years ago
    O.K. Grim thanks for the information, I shall post no more in the game topic itself.

Amusing how the Ubica responds. Just in time.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I just read the beginning of the thread, and there was some Apparently Good but really Evil Mages vs Apparently Evil but really Good Mages setting.
    I like it :>
    #
    Forum » Werewolf Setting - Discussion and Poll
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: