Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

Endymion 11 years ago
    Tribes is indeed quite fun. Been playing it for a while now.
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    harwe said:
    Tribes: Ascend just came out. It's free and if anyone likes the fast paced shooters, this is for you.
    The Account Management and Registration areas of our site are not available at the moment due to an extreme high volume of demand. Please return later to complete your transaction.
    I've never been able to get into any of the Tribes games anyway, because none of the ones I could play (i.e. were freely available at the time) had a singleplayer component.
    #
    Amarth 11 years ago
    Downloading right now because we're going to play this at a LAN-party in a few weeks. Better get some practice in, I heard the skill-cap is quite a bit higher than in other shooters. Which is a good thing obviously.

Been mostly playing Starcraft 2 and Mass Effect 3 lately. Some DOTA 2 but frankly, not being able to concede a match just sucks.

Also Tiny Tower. Fuck Tiny Tower. It's too addicting without even being really a game. Why can't I resist a pointless time-waster like that?
    #
    Amarth 11 years ago
    Update: whoah, Tribes is great.

Also, I suck at it. Consistently among the lowest three scorers of my team, and I suspect anyone who scores lower than me has probably just joined mid-match or something.

Oh well. Maybe with some more practice.
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    I played a Tribes game some time back. IIRC it's fast-paced as hell.
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    So.

You may know I was kind of ranting about Total Annihilation in the main page a bit. Well, I decided to see how the Total Annihilation modding scene was coming along.

The result was... surprising.

Holy shit, this is going to be awesome.
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    Just in case someone missed this.
    Edited 11 years ago
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    Oh, and double post: Oblivion and Morrowind are both 50% off on Steam. Maybe I...
    #
    Grim Reaper 11 years ago
    Also don't forget the sale on Bastion (over 26 hours from the typing of this 'til the end of that sale).
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    I have this underground extreme arcadey racer nail'd in my Steam inventory, and I can't get rid of it. What's wrong with trading it for Morrowind, anyway?

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    The Portal 2 perpetual testing initiative was initiated some days ago. And now Steam is selling Portal 2 66% off (5.09€) and Skyrim 33% off (33.49€).

So... community test chambers!
    #
    Pete 11 years ago
    Hmf. I was making Portal 2 maps before it was cool (and convenient), you know.
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    Pete said:
    Hmf. I was making Portal 2 maps before it was cool (and convenient), you know.
    Two facts on the subject:

- Only a small amount of people could make them;
    - Only a small amount of people even bothered installing them.

Now we have thousands of test chambers to choose from, easy to build and play, and can still discard any of those you'd call trash by rating them.

Plus, anything that gives Valve an excuse to drop prices is neat.

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    Endymion 11 years ago
    Oh yeah! There's becausewemay.com sale that'll last until June 1st. It includes all kinds of indie games.

Atm. I'm trying to decide if I should get Nyx Quest, I was quite interested in it but 10$ for a about 3 hour game was a bit too much imho but now it's only 3$ so I suppose I might as well get it.
    #
    Zankman 11 years ago
    Guys, simply:

Go download Omegalodon.

Or the demo, at least.

This game needs to spread... Like the plague.
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    I am certain a link would increase traffic from here.
    So...
    http://www.omegalodon.com/
    #
    Amarth 11 years ago
    Is there a demo though? I can't seem to find it?
    #
    Zankman 11 years ago
    I got it over Desura.

Unfortunately, I can't buy the full game, so I am left with the somewhat restrictive demo.

All in all, that isn't an issue - the real issue is that there are hardly any players.

Hopefully someone like TotalBiscuit does a video about it.
    #
    NeoGangster 11 years ago
    a new humble bundle is out http://www.humblebundle.com/
    every game in it is just awesome. I played amnesia for the first time now and it is scary as fuck. I somehow feel like this is the first horror game which is actually scary.
    #
    Endymion 11 years ago
    Humble bundle is indeed nice. Indie Royale isn't too terrible this time either. It has The Void, The Ship and 1000 Amps and some other things. It's only around for 1 more day though.
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    @NeoGangster.
    Oh, there are a lot of those. Ju-On The Grudge, for example. Take a look at PewDiePie's channel on YouTube.
    #
    Endymion 11 years ago
    www.indiegala.com gives individual steam keys and since I'm not really interested in many of them(got it mostly for the non-steam games) would anyone happen to want any of the 1$ games or Bad Rats: Rats Revenge? I'm not really sure if I even care about Puzzle Kingdoms or Disicples II: Rise of the Elves. So I'm willing to gift them too unless someone tells me that they're awesome or something.

the 1$ games are:
    * Making History: The Calm & the Storm - by Muzzy Lane
    One of the best simulator of World War II. A game fairly easy to play that give you even the chance to learn a few things about World War II;
    * Beat Hazard - by Cold Beam Games
    You play as a little ship that floats around the screen spewing forth several different types of bright, flashy laser blasts as fleets of ships of varying sizes try to bring you down.
    * Razor2: Hidden Skies - by Invent4 Entertainment
    A top view shooter that has the style of successful classic arcade games, while using the latest technology to create great visuals and effects.
    * Ironclads Collection - by Totem Games
    A Collection that includes each chapter of the Ironclads saga.
    The amazing Steam-ship period naval combat simulation games focusing on fleet-scale battles in real time. This is the FULL collection with ALL the 5 games!
    #
    Pete 11 years ago
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/

Im sure that to a whole lot of you this looks like the Skyrim steam store page. To me it looks like an error message informing me that this game is not avaiable in my country.

Well golly gee, and here I was all ready to repent in my pirating ways and actually buy the game. Soooo much for that.
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    I just finished a two hour session of Guitar Hero on drums. I finally got myself to play all those heavy metal songs I usually avoid due to, y'know, not hating my arms.

Now my arms hate me. Also, I probably need to shower.
    Twice.

@Skyrim.
    I got a retail copy as gift. Steam thankfully didn't refuse that copy despite Skyrim being marked as not available in the store.

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    Games? What're those?

But some guy is convincing me to get my throne back in Audiosurf. Terror has Begun by ReinXeed. The dude beat me with Vegas, so I can hardly tolerate that.
    #
    NeoGangster 11 years ago
    I recently discovered Mount & Blade Warband ... I don't know how I missed that one but it's awesome. I can't describe why it's so immersive but I can lose myself in it so easily, it's really scary. The feeling of the fights is just wow. It's like watching a fighting scene from a medieval movie except that I'm doing the fighting myself.
    #
    Grim Reaper 11 years ago
    NeoGangster said:
    I recently discovered Mount & Blade Warband ... I don't know how I missed that one but it's awesome. I can't describe why it's so immersive but I can lose myself in it so easily, it's really scary. The feeling of the fights is just wow. It's like watching a fighting scene from a medieval movie except that I'm doing the fighting myself.
    If you think MnB:W is awesome, just wait for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and War of the Roses.

Personally, I'm hoping at least one of the two is more enjoyable than MnB:W (can't bring myself to give a crap about singleplayer, and while multiplayer _can_ feel very fun, it usually doesn't, at least for long).
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    And so it has begun.

Steam sales.
    #
    Anonymous1157 11 years ago
    My little brother bought GTA4 on Steam. He's still playing it even though he won't be able to save the singleplayer campaign because he doesn't have a Live ID.

Five minutes earlier, all he wanted to do was put five bucks in his Steam Wallet so he could buy crate keys and make his TF2 premium.

Was I this impulsive when I was younger?
    #
    Amarth 11 years ago
    I thought I had everything I ever wanted on Steam and more.

On two days time, I've bought Terraria and Space Marine.

The power of the Steam summer sale.
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    Weeell, only Skyrim feels appealing right now. But I'll skip. I definitely should skip.
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    This is official, gentlemen: Steam'd Penguins!
    Edited 11 years ago
    #
    Anonymous1157 11 years ago
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    THIS...
    IS...

Spa- no, wait.

MANN VS MACHINE!
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    I played Minecraft today again, after a long time of not doing so.

This game is still scary as fuck.

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: