Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

Narvius 16 years ago
    Uhm... I've got a question.
    If I wanted to start playing Guild Wars, which of the things called Guild Wars should I buy?
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    Uhm... I've got a question.
    If I wanted to start playing Guild Wars, which of the things called Guild Wars should I buy?
    Either one of the packet offers, or the package with just "Guild Wars" written on it. the rest are expansion type thingers (AFAIK).
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Ah, okay. Thanks.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Guildwars has 2 expansions that can also be played without the main campaign, and one that requires the purchase of of of the other 3 games to be played.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    This is a way too good idea.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nekogames.jp/mt/2008/01/cursor10.html">http://www.nekogames.jp/mt/2008/01/cursor10.html</a><!-- m -->

It should be developed in a cool game. If I have time, I'll think about it.
    Cool. Too bad I couldnt figure out how to get past level 15 though.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Too bad I couldnt figure out how to get past level 15 though.
    I think you have to press all the buttons. On all levels, that is.
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    "Pete" said:
    Too bad I couldnt figure out how to get past level 15 though.
    I think you have to press all the buttons. On all levels, that is.
    Easy once you've figured the function of the shadows of your previous attempts, but once you do, the game is too easy. Its a great game none the less.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Since I like it when this topic is active, I thought I'd keep it going with two flash games I happen to like.

The first is Dicewars, which is like Risk, but with your units being the dice themselves. Great strategic fun once you get the hang of it.
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/dice/dice.html">http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/dice/dice.html</a><!-- m -->

The second is The Last Stand, a Zombie-Survival action game with a good selection of weapons and the ability to find other survivors to assist you. A tip: FIND OTHER SURVIVORS FIRST. They make repairing and weapon-searching more effective, and once you max it out (at, like, 7 or , the last guy is a sniper.
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://armorgames.com/play/269/the-last-stand">http://armorgames.com/play/269/the-last-stand</a><!-- m -->
    #
    harwe 16 years ago
    if your going to refer flash games then:
    Animator vs Animation Game
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Since this is an actual gaming thread, I suppose I can input my question here.

Counter Strike Vs Counter Strike: Source

All my school mates affirm that Counter Strike (1.6) is better than CSS, but from what I know, CSS is a newer version of Counter Strike which is powered by the all-mighty Source engine. So... Is there anything CS has that CSS doesn't? Or are my school mates just stupid?
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Is there anything CS has that CSS doesn't?
    Chickens.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Is there anything CS has that CSS doesn't?
    Chickens.
    In other words, please?
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    No, really. Chickens. Literally. There are chickens in the CS_Italy map that are not there in CSS.

But i thought they already implemented that. I read an article some six months ago that said it was the next thing to be implemented.

Other then that, CS is teh suck compared to CSS. But i expect people to say that Starcraft II is worse than SC1 even if SC2 improves the game on all fronts. And i mean ALL.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Alright then. My schoolmates are stupid.
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 16 years ago
    Nobody you know likes CS:S. That is normal, they love old 1.6 cuz CS:S is too real for em.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    AudioSurf. There is a public beta out. Basically you have to catch blocks to the rhythm of the music - your own music. It doesn't always work equally well, but it mostly does a good job. It's big fun, and there's quite a variety of game modes. Go and try it. Free registration mandatory after a few rides, but that also allows you to choose more game modes and upload scores etc.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Sounds fun. I'll be able to try different music genres.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Okay. Drum & bass is crazy. Tenacious D - Tribute had me playing with a big grin. Tool is weird. And Beethoven is a lot more intense than it looks. Nightwish is fun too. In fact, it's all pretty much fun.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    I tried the game, it's fun.
    I bet Ghost Love Score would make me get really tired. After all, it's a big hell of a music. XD
    Hmm...
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Tool is weird.
    Shocking.

The less sarcastic me wants to note that in a rythm game, Tool's massively extensive use of odd meters may be the thing making them "weird". And the fact that they try to sound weird.

[edit] Do they have Meshuggah? Meshuggah uses polyrythms and meters a la 23/16. [/edit]
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    They "have" nothing. It's your own music collection.

Also, the beta has ended. There's probably a demo around. I suppose the end product will have to be paid for.

In other news, this is fairly funny. Gordon Freeman on the radio in some show about paranormal things.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    I can attest to that. 'Twas linked to in the chatroom, and my sister and I found it fucking hilarious. Especially the, "...but I've met Mr. Breen, and he looks completely different" part.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Test your platforming skills. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/">http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/</a><!-- m -->

Be prepared for some frustration.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    This is a fun little thing. Puzzle/platformer. The point is to die. Karoshi.

Don't spoil yourself before playing. Seriously.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    that was an interesting play. Level 12 was a bit sucky, but still...
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    GunMute. A post-apocalyptic text-based rail shooter, if that makes any sense. 15 minutes or so of fun. It also has hints for when you are stuck. I finished it with 17 points and I consulted the hints two or three times. I also died a lot but that's part of the fun. Direct download link.
    #
    NeoGangster 16 years ago
    Just wondering, amarth are you getting those games from tigsource.com?
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "NeoGangster" said:
    Just wondering, amarth are you getting those games from tigsource.com?
    Obviously. Though I'm only selecting the good ones.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    GunMute. A post-apocalyptic text-based rail shooter, if that makes any sense. 15 minutes or so of fun. It also has hints for when you are stuck. I finished it with 17 points and I consulted the hints two or three times. I also died a lot but that's part of the fun. Direct download link.

Fun game. I first got through with 18 points, using hints twice. (And once more when I didn't really need 'em)
    Then I restarted and quickly finished it with all 20 points.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    I just won Portal and heard 'Still Alive'. Not as great as everyone said, but still... wow.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Yes. The game didn't last that long, because it takes about an hour or two to reach the end.
    Good thing Valve will work on moar Portal stuff.
    #
    Grim Reaper 15 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    Not as great as everyone said, but still...
    So it was greater than you expected?* Glad to hear that.

* The only possible reason it wouldn't be as great as everyone said it is.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Glad to hear that.
    GLaD! ^^
    Even when taken out of context it's a nice song. My little sister likes it, too.

I actually needed 3.4h, according to Steam.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    I saw three hours, but that was after doing some of the bonus maps, so I figure it took me two hours.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I believe this can be done in a smaller time span. An expert is required for this achievement, though.
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: