Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

harwe 14 years ago
    Oooo I found this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.continuitygame.com/">http://www.continuitygame.com/</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Oh. My. Goodness. This is genius. Without any remarks, genius.
    #
    Zankman 14 years ago
    Yeah, truly a ingenious game.

It does get somewhat repetitive later.
    #
    Anonymous1157 14 years ago
    I thought level 12 was notably difficult. That game's sequel needs to go commercial on Steam or something; they deserve it.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    That game was so brilliant that I played it all the way to the end!
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Finished it.
    Great idea, pleasant difficulty.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Fun game, yeah.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    New Team Fortress 2 blog entry:

Friendship ends in one day.

Offtopic: Why did my browser go to harwe's avatar when I pressed the reply button?
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Prometheus, one of the first things to come out of the unreal 3 development kit being set free. Previously a U3 mod, now a standalone game, so try it.

It's about solving puzzles with clones of yourself. But in first-person view. It rocks.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Finished the secret Hell stage in Cave Story.
    Thanks to my sisters moral support.

(in less than 10 tries!)
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Less than 10 tries? That has to be about 20 times as efficient as me. No kidding. I could swear I had to try that thing 200 times before defeating the end boss.

Can't wait for the WiiWare version...
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Well, the total was around 25. But it was the second try that session.
    Still, it's funny that when you have spectators, you either play MUCH worse or MUCH better than usual.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Dragon Age, on Hard with fully disabled party member AI - epic 4v12 battles from the very beginning of the game, yay.

I wish NWN or other older games had the possibility of disabling ally AI...
    #
    Crazy 14 years ago
    Prometeus looks pretty effin' awesome.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    Prometeus looks pretty effin' awesome.
    It IS pretty effin' awesome. Just a bit glitchy at times which makes it pretty frustrating. Switches not registering correctly, characters getting stuck in doors when they shouldn't... But I had to start drawing maps and timing everything from about level 2 onwards, so it really isn't too dumbed down or something.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Solium Infernum. Anyone heard of it? Anyone want to try it out as much as I do? Let me give a little sales pitch...

You control an archfiend who is trying to secure the throne of Hell. Of course, a few other players try to do the same. Now, to get this throne of Hell, you will have to fight, deceive and lie. It's a complex and rather non-standard TBS and the best way to get to know it a bit is to read the battle reports that four players up on Rock, Paper, Shotgun have written.

If you want to try, there is a demo and a little tutorial. And reading the manual is pretty much required if you want to get anywhere in your hell-conquering business.

The game itself is $30 USD which probably will be a stumbling block for most of you... But I still post it here on the off chance someone is interested enough.
    #
    Steam just got a new UI update, which is currently in Beta. It's essentially Yet Another Integrate With Windows 7 Æro UI. If you have Steam, go to the settings menu and opt-in to the "2010 UI update" beta to try it out. I WOULD, but I don't exactly have it installed, so, y'know. The official screenshots and written explanation aren't that bad.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Must see!
    *starts Steam*

Edit: Now I won't be changing it so soon.
    #
    By the way, why does Steam FORCE uninstalling some/any/all/not sure which ones/random betas that you opt in to? I tried out a bugfix release and it forced me to uninstall it a few days before releasing it officially, which was really dumb, because, y'know, bugs were fixed in said release, and it didn't introduce any new ones I could see.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    By the way, why does Steam FORCE uninstalling some/any/all/not sure which ones/random betas that you opt in to?
    Has anyone been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    I don't know what you mean by that. At least I've never had that issue.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    TALES OF SYMPHONIA FOR THE FUCKING EPIC WIN.
    </ratatosk mode>
    #
    ahrenjb 14 years ago
    Garry's Mod is a freaking playground. Really.

Spacebuild 3 is absolutely addictive, as well as Stranded gamemode.

Did you guys ever make a steam group?
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    We actually thought about it, but no one felt like .doing it./.we needed it..

And yes, Garry's mod lives. I really enjoy Wiremod. It's a must-have for any sandbox at this time. The Wiremod CPU is an interesting tool, along with hi-speed devices.

Spacebuild 3 is also nice, but really heavy if you get the whole thing. Stranded is a nice game mode to spend time with as well... but perhaps way too much time.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    *blink, blink* ...Uh, what?

"ahrenjb" said:
    We've got another convert! I should update that game... if I wasn't having driver issues again...
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Do I have to link to KnowYourMeme?

"MageKing17" said:
    "ahrenjb" said:
    We've got another convert! I should update that game... if I wasn't having driver issues again...
    Do.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Do I have to link to KnowYourMeme?
    You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.
    #
    "MageKing17" said:
    You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.
    WAT

Anyhow, I really need to talk my parental units into buying me GMod. All I have now is GMod 8, and it's not even installed.

... Inb4, I don't have CS:S, so no, I can't even upgrade to GMod 9.
    #
    Vacuus 14 years ago
    Orange box will solve your problems. Either that or create a fraudulent paypal account and transfer money from your bank account.

I'm not sure if you need to own CS:S (which I thought came with all retail copies of HL2 anyway) or can just preload it.

gMod, from memory, just wont display those models if they can't be found.
    #
    "Vacuus" said:
    Orange box will solve your problems. Either that or create a fraudulent paypal account and transfer money from your bank account.

I'm not sure if you need to own CS:S (which I thought came with all retail copies of HL2 anyway) or can just preload it.

gMod, from memory, just wont display those models if they can't be found.
    I have The Orange Box. Yes, you have to outright own it. That's GMod 10 that you're thinking of. (Responses listed respectively.)

In other news, there is a sort of puzzle circulating in a recent update to Portal that I've just found out about. It's worth checking out. Look around for the thread on the Steam forums about the SSTV photos, they're really interesting.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRVZ1yRDHAo">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRVZ1yRDHAo</a><!-- m --> (A little creepy. Mute your audio, then turn it back up slowly.)
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    WAT
    That was a copy pasta.
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Anyhow, I really need to talk my parental units into buying me GMod. All I have now is GMod 8, and it's not even installed.
    It's a necessity that you own Garry's mod. And not having CS S may glitch some add-ons that make use of its textures. I recall sb_gooniverse using CS S textures for the lava planet.
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    It's a necessity that you own Garry's mod. And not having CS S may glitch some add-ons that make use of its textures. I recall sb_gooniverse using CS S textures for the lava planet.
    I knew that. The only reason I say I NEED it is because you absolutely HAVE TO have it for GMod 9 to work. But since I own neither GMod 10 nor CS:S, I would end up buying the bundle that conveniently includes both to save a few bucks on said games, so I would skip GMod 9 anyways and switch straight to the latest and greatest version while avoiding the missing textures problem as well.

IOW, whatever.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    So, anyone else having fun with the new Portal updates / ARG?
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    So, anyone else having fun with the new Portal updates / ARG?
    Meh, I was busy during the last few days. But I'm sure to get the new achievement.
    #
    New photos have been released (On purpose and not garbled this time) that show what Portal 2 might look like, although it's still up for grabs as to whether or not the game will actually merge the Portal and HL storylines. One of the ARG images has been interpreted as an upside-down picture of Gordon Freeman.

... Other than that, yea, start scrambling to find $60 by March 11.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    I'll go for Miles Edgeworths Game or Metroid Other M instead. :> I can always buy Portal 2 later.
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: