Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

E_net4 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    I've seen it before. I still prefer Dwarf Fortress.
    You've just compared 2 extremely different games.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Not really. Digging around and building stuff from the stuff you dug out. :>
    #
    Anonymous1157 13 years ago
    I like Minecraft very much as well, but I eventually gave up on it because it's supposed to go retail for v1.0. I kinda didn't want to live Blockland Retail all over again.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I like Minecraft very much as well, but I eventually gave up on it because it's supposed to go retail for v1.0. I kinda didn't want to live Blockland Retail all over again.
    Blockland Retail is totally awesome and worth every penny. Now go sodomize yourself with a retractable baton.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Sure it is. And you wouldn't want to call it "Retail" at this time, people would think you're a freeloader.

And did I mention that I got myself into buying Minecraft? It will become beta when Survival Multiplayer arrives, so if you want it, you'd better buy it ASAP.
    As for the game itself, Redstone is awesome.
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    Sure it is. And you wouldn't want to call it "Retail" at this time, people would think you're a freeloader.
    I don't think I fall under that definition because I never asked a stranger to buy me Blockland Retail. Besides that, for Blockland Retail in particular, this applies.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Trust me, you wouldn't want to call it "Retail" at this time. It's been like, 3 years since the game was released and only those who didn't buy the game were usually calling it "retail". Admit it, Blockland is... Blockland! And through the old times, you were playing an Alpha version.

Also, mah Minecraft skin.
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Redstone is awesome.
    It unlocked limitless possibilities now.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Redstone is awesome.
    It unlocked limitless possibilities now.
    It almost did. It's still hard for redstone to flow. You can't place it on walls, and the torches don't wire redstone downwards. Not to mention the fact that you need to go deep underground to mine it with an iron pickaxe (it's a common block as soon as you get there, though).
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    I'm just going to assume you don't yet know about Alien Swarm. It's a free Source mod, which can be dowloaded on Steam. In addition, play 2 co-op campaigns to receive a TF2 hat.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    We had quite some fun time with Alien Swarm tonight. Except for Narvius probably, who got himself killed all the time. The last mission is bitchin' hard for an uncoordinated newbie group like us. Presumably, once you hit level 14 it gets easier. Takes a while though. :>
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Nah, he didn't kill himself all the time. He just liked Rambo'ing and suffered from premature death.
    So, we're doing it again for any future campaign, right?
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Dude... I didn't die *all* the time. Only in the last mission! And only because of those damn parasites. >:C
    When we had to burn the biomass 2-3 missions earlier, I almost made the whole last battle (and a fair part of the level before) by myself (stupid lag)...

But, yes. We have to do it again, sometimes :>
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    We just had another session yesterday, this time on Hard and with a complete squad (thanks to Crazy). Me and Amarth also used the mics, though I stopped using it after a while. It makes strategy something different.
    And we must mention the difficulty of the last mission once again: we took AGES. First there were the parasites, then the shieldbugs blocking our way, and last but not least, a metal door that fell into and killed us. A note: stay away fom that metal door!
    Eventually, Narvius performed an epic rush on his own, managing to start the bomb detonation and reach the final area on his own. The mission was complete after all the epic rushing, stunning and dodging of mine. I didn't believe I had done it!
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    I started insane a few days ago.... between hard and insane, there is a HUGE difference (You see parasites on the first level). Everything is vital to your success and several (10+) retries are bound to happen if you are matched up with random people. I managed to work through insane until the bridge where it became just overwhelming trying to cross the bridge. Oh geez, just reading about this makes me want to continue playing it.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    (You see parasites on the first level)
    We will never succeed
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    (You see parasites on the first level)
    We are doomed. D:
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    LET'S FUCKING DO THIS!
    #
    Zankman 13 years ago
    This game looks AWESOME.

To say the least.

Too bad I can't play it. :/
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    That reminds me... we should've taken some screenies.
    #
    NeoGangster 13 years ago
    Yeah Alien Swarm rocks but I would like to see more campaigns :/
    we already played the missions on normal and hard but insane is just insane :/
    Well I guess it'll be 4 marines with chainsaws and shock armor next game xD
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    I eh... I got myself promoted yesterday and lost all my equipment. But it gives me a star next to my name. Valve is genius. Who else could force grinding in a top-down shooter?
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    What the. xD
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    I eh... I got myself promoted yesterday and lost all my equipment. But it gives me a star next to my name. Valve is genius. Who else could force grinding in a top-down shooter?
    Promoted?
    #
    "harwe" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    Promoted?
    Indeed, promoted. He leveled up to something like level 29 and unlocked the whole inventory, and then the game offers to make him a veteran of some sorts at the cost of resetting his level. (He read it out loud to us when the message popped up on his screen. )
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    27, actually. Otherwise correct.

...MUST HAVE SHINY MEDALS!
    #
    NeoGangster 13 years ago
    the good part about the promotion is, you don't win anything by getting promoted except that star
    #
    "NeoGangster" said:
    the good part about the promotion is, you don't win anything by getting promoted except that star
    If you think about it, it's a clever way to squeeze replay value out of the game. (As if the multiplayer campaign and many difficulty levels weren't already enough! )
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Oh well, I seem to be missing all that. At least I still have Minecraft to play in intervals.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    So, Starcraft 2... Anyone got it yet?

I'll try to wait until after my master's thesis deadline and my exams, but that's still a month. Hmm.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I no plays Starcraft. Not likes.

I'm currently replaying Titan Quest (with addon) with the xmax mod. It basically multiplies the amount of enemies by 3-5.
    It's fun to get overrun by armies of lowly baddies.

It's even more fun to nuke them with your pierce + shrapnel arrow combo.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Titan Quest is nice, though I haven't got the mods for it. The game alone should give you ages of playage until you finish Legendary anyway.
    #
    NeoGangster 13 years ago
    starcraft should be here in a day or two I'll tell you guys if it's any good, but first I have to buy a new graphics card cause my current one didn't survive this summer :/
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Oh, it also clones bosses. Including named, unique ones. AWESOME xD
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    Starcraft 2... Who did draw those protoss buildings??? Grr.
    BTW, as far as I get it, my country will get that localized version that costs you more than european. Strange politics, Blizzard o.O
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: