Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

harwe 13 years ago
    Talk about renewable energy.
    #
    Anonymous1157 13 years ago
    I started a new world just for Lapis Lazuli, only to find out that until further notice, it may just be rarer than diamond. Also, I never really figured out how to make charcoal and spent my first two nights in said world juggling around a grand total of FOUR torches. (One piece of surface-accessible coal, seriously? F*ing Minecraft. I gotta go find that craft recipe on the wiki.)
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I started a new world just for Lapis Lazuli, only to find out that until further notice, it may just be rarer than diamond. Also, I never really figured out how to make charcoal and spent my first two nights in said world juggling around a grand total of FOUR torches. (One piece of surface-accessible coal, seriously? F*ing Minecraft. I gotta go find that craft recipe on the wiki.)
    You don't craft charcoal, actually.

Am playing it. Now. No, I haven't constantly played since last posts.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Now I'm not much of a Minecraft fan, but then I saw this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RAjfNdZ0hw">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RAjfNdZ0hw</a><!-- m -->

That must be a work of art or something.
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    Am playing it. Now. No, I haven't constantly played since last posts.
    ... Oh, good. 'Cause I had, like, a twelve hour marathon session when I got back from school yesterday, so I would have believed it.

... Also, lulz at video posted by Amarth.
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    I believe this was scarier.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I started a new world just for Lapis Lazuli, only to find out that until further notice, it may just be rarer than diamond.
    I have no idea what the rarity is, but if you just go down to Redstone levels, you should find it no problem.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    I approve that lapis lazuli is slightly more common than gold, and can be found around the same depths as of gold. Anyway, it's just used for dyes.
    I also found squids. Watch out if you're hunting them, you may forget about the oxygen meter and drown.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Okay, Neptune's pride is seriously cool. In an 8-player game, we started a 4-player tech treaty, where everyone would research a specific field, then share the results with everyone else so that we can get a tech advantage. Only it's completely not working because at least 2 players in the treaty are smuggling tech towards the other players, so they can make a stand against the strongest player. This of course added to the fact that people try to delay sending tech as long as possible, because the money needed to send tech can better be invested in something else than strengthening your opponents. Then again, you need their tech for yourself...

Right now I'm trying to set up two people in the tech treaty against each other by giving tech to someone outside the treaty, and letting him gloat to one player that the other is giving him the tech, so that they start distrusting each other. Then I have to face one of the players with the obvious: he's completely walled in by the winning player, so at some point he will need to attack him. Maybe I could offer him assistance by breaking the tech treaty and not sending the latest weapons tech to the winning player? Note, I am ahead of the science curve, so breaking the treaty would be in my advantage. Yes, break the treaty you say? Hello mister winning player, your neighbor asked me to stop trading tech with you, maybe he wants to attack you... Do you have anything above the usual to offer me for my tech?

Oh, the possibilities...
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    I still wonder when we're having a big, nice, game session with all of us. Maybe we should plan a game, time and date?
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Heh. Sounds pretty awesome, Amarth.

In my current game, two people dropped out as AIs leaving two other players at a huge advantage territory-wise. So currently I'm trying to negotiate with one player to keep my back secure while launching an all-out attack against the winning player before he crushes me with his 100% higher Economy. I've currently got more ships and a large advantage in Weapons tech but it won't last for long unless my first push captures some juicy planets of his.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Problem with planning a game is that you need to be online all at the same time to join the same game. It's a bit fiddly. I guess I'll probably shell out some money then, that would give us more freedom for the signups. I'll make a new topic to see if there's enough people interested.
    #
    "Amarth" said:
    Problem with planning a game is that you need to be online all at the same time to join the same game. It's a bit fiddly.
    Not necessarily, depending on the game. If someone can get a Minecraft server up and running for around 72 hours, that will have been enough for us to build, grow, share, and compete in all kinds of stuff, and essentially on our own time. (That being said, gathering everyone at once for a marathon session would be SO AWESOME.)
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Oh. Minecraft. Yeah, you could also interpret E's post like that, I guess.

EDIT: And my post! Oh dear. It was more general than I intended. Sorry.

Minecraft is lame.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Minecraft is lame.
    You're lucky we're not some kind of overzealous fanboys ;P

E; I hold 'im, you beat 'im.
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    Minecraft is lame.

Were not? Aw.
    /hides stick behind back
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    Minecraft is lame.

I'm not up for a violent behaviour Amarth, but you did press me into offending you. Of course we're speaking GENERAL here, I haven't even played that game.

Narvius hasn't got L4D2, a pity. Playing it with friends is awesome. Still, Minecraft is a possibility, and it doesn't have to be a marathon. The server saves the world, so we can have several separate Minecraft sessions in the same world.
    Otherwise, more Alien Swarm. But I guess we've had enough of this one.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    We could all go update the multiplayer center... if that's even still around...

Come to think of it, is the multiplayer center still around? What was the URL, anyway?
    #
    "MageKing17" said:
    Come to think of it, is the multiplayer center still around? What was the URL, anyway?
    Believe it or not, I trial-and-error'd the address.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Good work, soldier! Let's use this service to fit our needs!

Just an additional note here, MK and I played a Left 4 Dead 2 campaign yesterday. It was fun, and it would've been a lot more if we had a full team.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    MK and I played a Left 4 Dead 2 campaign yesterday. It was fun, and it would've been a lot more if we had a full team.
    A lot more. The AI may not be the worst AI I have ever seen... but it's pathetic compared to someone who knows what the hell they're doing.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Heh. Sounds pretty awesome, Amarth.

In my current game, two people dropped out as AIs leaving two other players at a huge advantage territory-wise. So currently I'm trying to negotiate with one player to keep my back secure while launching an all-out attack against the winning player before he crushes me with his 100% higher Economy. I've currently got more ships and a large advantage in Weapons tech but it won't last for long unless my first push captures some juicy planets of his.

Update: My attack worked like a charm and I captured a ton of industry and tech labs without losing too many ships. Now I'm winning the game by far, and could beat both of the players bordering me at once. However, I don't have to, since some creative diplomacy ensured they're busy fighting each other while I slowly nab stars from them and construct more industry. Currently I have about as much industry as any three other players put together.
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    Maybe this was mentioned before, I dunno, but...

Overgrowth.

No idea what the hell its supposed to be, just that it looks awesome.
    #
    I thought Lugaru was pretty good. This should be even awesomer.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Rayman 2.

Oh my god the nostalgia, it literally hurts.
    Really, when was it that they stopped making such masterpieces?
    Surprisingly enough, it still looks pretty decent! Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, hah?

And there goes another piece of my life, I will get the thousandth lum!
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Now that you mention it, I have Rayman for PSX and never reached the end of it (not even half of it IIRC).
    Though yeah, it was fully coloured 'n' stuff.
    #
    I made it halfway through Rayman 1 on DOS. Then my dad took that computer and sold it to someone. (I was, like, seven.)

I actually had the extremely good fortune of picking up like a gazillion awesome games at Goodwill ALL AT ONCE. I've got Locus, Gran Turismo (Yes, the first one), Earthworm Jim, and a bunch of other crap I don't remember I bought. I've been playing Gran Turismo, and I love it. It's a breath of fresh air to finally get to play a racing game with a new (old?) set of real cars.
    #
    Grim Reaper 13 years ago
    If, for some bizarre reason, you don't have Psychonauts already, GoG is selling it for a meager 2.49$ for today only (AFAIK)!

*link*
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    If, for some bizarre reason, you don't have Psychonauts already, GoG is selling it for a meager 2.49$ for today only (AFAIK)!
    Reason: Couldn't stop watching this.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    You'd better watch this.
    #
    Grim Reaper 13 years ago
    *drool* *incoherent mumbling* *more drool*
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Magicka: Vietnam

Now I really need a new computer just to play Magicka.

(also Portal 2, Skyrim, Deus Ex 3, Duke Nukem Forever, probably others)
    (also also when will we be able to include youtube video's in posts? It's 2011 for God's sake!)
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    (also Portal 2, Skyrim, Deus Ex 3, Duke Nukem Forever, probably others)
    Just got a new computer for some of those

And fuck yea! Vietnam Magicka!!
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    (also also when will we be able to include youtube video's in posts? It's 2011 for God's sake!)
    They're frequently banned and stop working. This would look ugly.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Magicka: Vietnam
    What the crap... no one expects Vietnam in such a game!
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: